IGNORED

Changing dates on tickets

MintyCock

Just found out that I may need to change the dates of my tickets with Qatar Airways due to work commitments. As I booked through lastminute.com they said I would have to pay £45 admin fee to them on top of £100 for a change. So if I changed the outbound and inbound together it would be £100 otherwise £200.

So potentially £245 to change dates :unsure: .

you should always read the small print before purchasing a ticket! on some ticket types, you cant change return til you get to your destination; on some, you cant change if the ticket class is not available even though the ticket is amendable!

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

Just found out that I may need to change the dates of my tickets with Qatar Airways due to work commitments. As I booked through lastminute.com they said I would have to pay £45 admin fee to them on top of £100 for a change. So if I changed the outbound and inbound together it would be £100 otherwise £200.

So potentially £245 to change dates :unsure: .

alternatively, you could try contacting qatar directly & see what they say? :D

Ary ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

"I kikiyat everything, I never kikiyat boom boom!"

lbfucker.gif

alternatively, you could try contacting qatar directly & see what they say? :unsure:

That is what I thought but haven't managed to get through to them. Lastminute said that they would refer back to them as they are in effect handling my booking so the £45 will have to be paid. I'll see if I can get QA to sort me out a deal.

Last year I had booked through Last Minute on an Emirates flight. My ticket was non changeable / non transferable however whilst in LOS I decided I wanted to stay an extra week and went to the Emirates counter at the airport and they managed to change the ticket for me at a cost of around £100. If I were you go straight to Qatar as that £45 charge from Last Minute is bullsh*t.

Last year I had booked through Last Minute on an Emirates flight. My ticket was non changeable / non transferable however whilst in LOS I decided I wanted to stay an extra week and went to the Emirates counter at the airport and they managed to change the ticket for me at a cost of around £100. If I were you go straight to Qatar as that £45 charge from Last Minute is bullsh*t.

They said that I could change it with Qatar (reluctantly) without incurring their £45 charge only on the inbound flight but not on the outbound flight. Was on hold for 35 mins and didn't get through to them today.

• 2 weeks later...

I have worked for an airline consolidator and it is true you would need to go through the agency/operator who issued the ticket to change the outbound departure date and pay their fees upon top the penalty charged by the airline.

Basically my advice would be if your going to book online give them a call before entering your 16 digits and get them to tell you the conditions of the ticket regards to penalties for date changes/refunds etc - there maybe a similar fare available which is fully refundable and has no charge to change the inbound departure.

£45 admin charge is steep though, the fcukin wakners!

Edited by nelson

When I book a flight I check the price going through an agent and directly with the airline. If the prices are about the same (which is normally the case) I book directly with the airline. This means that if you need to change your dates you don't have to pay their fee.

I have a flight booked for my GF to come to Australia next week with Thai. Because of a change in my employment I had to change the date she flies back to Thailand. I got her to contact Thai and change the return flight. I was expecting to have to cough up some more money but they didn't have a charge to change the dates. It is an eticket so maybe that makes it easier.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 3 weeks later...
alternatively, you could try contacting qatar directly & see what they say? :D

Qatar are animals when it comes to customer service.

They have a real cute trick they change your ticket type on confirmation if you book on line this changes the terms and conditions and kicks in high costs...

Wouldn't fly Qatar again even it was for free, boy do I hate this airline...