IGNORED

Mobile Data Settings for Android

blackhat

Last year, I was able to just replace my foreign SIM card with a DTAC or AIS SIM, and mobile data would automatically work fine ONLY after I enabled Data Roaming (which I have off by default).

It seemed strange, but I figured it was some sort of side effect of my foreign carrier's Android OS modifications that didn't play well with foreign SIM cards (I've already paid to unlock my SIM).

This year, I needed to go to Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names, and manually add an APN.

While the User manuals for AIS mentions that you can setup internet config through www.ais.co.th/3g.  The settings link on that page seems to time-out for me...

I don't see any mention of Internet settings on the DTAC SIM User Guide; although, when you insert the SIM, I got a mixed Thai & English message saying that I could access www.dtac.co.th/trinet/setting and watch the video explanation. (basically, just set the APN to www.dtac.co.th).

I really wish they'd put a quick overview in the User Manuals, since I'm usually trying to do this config in the taxi from the airport.  Heck, why point you to web pages when you're not able to access mobile data?  They should put the config settings in those SMS messages that they keep sending me... sigh...

Anyway, just hoping this helps someone...

Here are the details for Dtac:

Name: DTAC-GPRS-WEB

APN: www.dtac.co.th

Port: 9201

MCC: 520

MNC: 18

Authentication type: PAP

APN type: internet

All other settings are <not set>

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Archived