IGNORED

Russian Diver Missing At Sea

Pattaya Daily News

pdn212.jpg
A Russian man who was celebrating his honeymoon with his wife went missing while diving off the coast Koh Rin Island.

SATTAHIP – November 22, 2013 [PDN]; At 2.30 p.m. Ms. Suwimol Malaiyart, aged 41, who is the director of Ik T. Under Co., Ltd., and lives at 338/9 Moo 12 Tambon Nong Prue, Amphur Banglamung, Chonburi province, notified Pol. Col. Chonnaphat Nawaluck (Superintendent of Sattahip police station) that Mr. Karen Gapoyan, aged 50 a Russian tourist went missing while diving around the south of Koh Rin island, Tambon Bang Sarey, Amphur Sattahip, Chonburi province, she asked the police for assistance in searching for him.

pdn3pdn4

Ms. Suwimol Malaiyart (the director of Ik T. Under Co., Ltd.) Revealed that the company operates a diving business and on November 21, 2013 there were 47 Russian tourists all of them were divers had been transported by boat named Ik T. Under 1, to the dive site at the south of Koh Rin Island. The boat departed from Balihai cape, Pattaya at 8.00 a.m. and arrived at the dive site at 10.30 a.m. The first group of 7 divers dived together with the dive instructor for 55 minutes at the depth of 6 meters and once they surfaced and checked the numbers of divers he found that 1 diver was missing, it was Mr. Karen. Then all the diving instructors dived together to look for Mr. Karen. They also notified the sea rescuers to search for him but they couldn’t find him so they notified the police.

Pol. Col. Chonnaphat Nawaluck (Superintendent of Sattahip police station) said that from inspecting the history of Mr. Karen, the officers found that Mr. Karen came to Thailand to celebrate his honeymoon with his wife Mrs. Galina Telichkina, aged 57, they only got married on November 16, 2013 and arrived in Thailand on November 20, 2013.. From Mr. Karen’s background, he doesn’t have any congenital disease and had a good state of health he was also a very experienced diver and had dived 159 times before. On the incident day he also wore his own equipment set of respirator. The police will coordinate with the Royal Thai Navy and the sea rescuers to search for this missing diver.

Advertise

Print This News Print This News

Type : Community News
Story : Nattaphummint
Photo : Nattaphummint

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article

I hope I am not being cynical, very experienced diver, in a not so difficult dive location, using his own equipment disappears presumed dead.

Fake life insurance claim perhaps??

And the BIB will get the percentage...

Hmmm, something not quite right there!!

Heard a lot of stories about Russians and Scuba (and Vodka).

Hope everything turns out for the best though.

159 dives - gets lost at SIX metres and drowns. That is extremely weird.

Yes... You can emergency surface safely in a few seconds from that depth....

Hmmm, something not quite right there!!

Heard a lot of stories about Russians and Scuba (and Vodka).

Unfortunately, yes. These big groups of tourist dives are to be avoided IMO.

I hope I am not being cynical, very experienced diver, in a not so difficult dive location, using his own equipment disappears presumed dead.

Unlikely, can take decades until a missed person is declared dead.

Have to see a picture of his wife to decide :)

His wife is 57 not sure how old he was , anyone can have a heart attack.  However at 6 mtrs WTF where was his BUDDY Diver.

I notice there was a group of 7 however good drills would be to set 3 of them together. 

Altho the " stated" dive plan would seem to be 6 mts I wonder what the actual depth of the dive area was !!!!!!!!!!.

And how was the current !!!!!.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Archived