Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotel Dania - Soi Buakhao

jpmelville

Hello,

Has anyone stayed in this hotel? Located near the Soi Buakhao market and Pattaya Tai. Rooms seem to be in good condition and pricing is from 700bht(room w/o balcony) to 1200bht (penthouse or suite). They also have good looking pool area behing the hotel. In the ground floor there is also the restaurant.

They offered us those suites as they said normal rooms are fully booked.

http://hoteldaniapattaya.com/english/

Any comments or experiences will be appreciated.

Never seen this place before,it does look a nice place with decent looking rooms.One thing I didn't see on their website though is if there are in-room safes,its little things like this that can make the difference for me,if they do have them I would put it on my list of possibles for next years trip without a doubt.

I managed to get some answers from the Finnish forum. There is safety boxes in the rooms. Also there is someone in the reception during the night time so I guess they collect the IDs.

I managed to get some answers from the Finnish forum. There is safety boxes in the rooms. Also there is someone in the reception during the night time so I guess they collect the IDs.

Thanks , its quite difficult to get info on this place and yet it looks ok , ive emailed them hopefully get a response soon.

Thanks , its quite difficult to get info on this place and yet it looks ok , ive emailed them hopefully get a response soon.

I got the replies pretty quick and this time I actually understood more than a half of what they replied as the owner is from Denmark.

I sent an e-mail yesterday and got one back today,so it does seem they send prompt replies.

Yes i asked the safety box question so thats one requirement ticked off.They also do not take credit card payments,cash only,and they want a deposit of one nights payment,dont know if this is upon arrival or not.

I booked for a week in a suite. They did not mention about the deposit. Have to make a review after I'm back home.

How I found this hotel? It's the next unit from Tina's Suite which I was staying last time and I saw the pool area from my balcony. Also got some sandwiches in their restaurant for the breakfast.

I booked for a week in a suite. They did not mention about the deposit. Have to make a review after I'm back home.

How I found this hotel? It's the next unit from Tina's Suite which I was staying last time and I saw the pool area from my balcony. Also got some sandwiches in their restaurant for the breakfast.

When are you going?It would be great if you could write a review when you get back,it would be a big help to hear someones first hand expierience,i could make a more informed decision then.

I've stayed there befor. Only some rooms have safes otherwise it is a safety deposit box behind front desk. Only accessible to around 8 pm. Girl friendly and they do ask for iD. Pool is nice. Was told they r going through renos so could b noisy. Great location

• 2 months later...

Ok, let's summarize our stay in hotel. Owner is a nice chap and we felt very welcome at the time of our arrival.

Our rooms(suites) were really big and in good condition. My room was in 3rd floor and facing Soi Buakhao and Action Street bar complex. No disturbing noise from the street. Suite have remote controlled huge fan in the ceiling above the bed. I didn't need much AC but used the fan in the low speed instead. There was safety box in the wardrobe. 2 flatscreen TVs. One facing the bed and another one in the living room.

I have seen good reviews of the smaller rooms too but the poolside rooms seem to be very small. Room cleaning every day, if you get yourself out till 3pm. You can also request only the new towels if you have the "Don't disturb" tab in your door.

hotel has a pretty big restaurant with pool table. We tasted some thai- and western food. All the food was good. Breakfast(not free) was not so tasty. You pick some items from the coupon and staff collects the coupons and you will get the stuff you chose. Better to go somewhere else for the breakfast. Many brekkie options near. Restaurant staff was very nice and helpful.

Rastaurant has a happy hour 9am to 15pm. SangSom 35bht, Chang 45bht and SML 60bht etc. They also serve drinks to pool area. Most of the customers in the hotel were older Danish folks. They liked to start drink beer in the morning by the pool and continued till noon. 

Pool area was nice and clean. They have 5 sunbeds in the deck and also provide huge towels for them. Sun shining to deck til noon but also you can sit in the shadows if needed.

Night porter spoke very little English but the she collected BG IDs and always tried to help if there was some problems.

I can easily recommend this hotel anyone who likes the location. Very easy to go everywhere as the baht buses go both directions. Soi Buakhao market is only maybe 300m away. Market is going on Tuesdays and Fridays. Great and very cheap place to buy clothing stuff. Laundry, pharmacy and Family Mart just couple of feet away.

Bars in the area are pretty much dead and Rehab ago go hammered down but couple of minutes with baht bus to LK Metro...

Sorry about the bad quality pics.

Bedroom

IMG_10641.jpg

Livingroom1

IMG_10661.jpg

Livingroom2

IMG_10631.jpg

Pool area

IMG_10671.jpg

Thanks for the review,it does look a really nice place,i wouldnt have even known it existed if you had not started this thread back in november.

thanks for the review. great area to live imho. there is a really good finish/thai bar only a few meters away called farang pub always busy

thanks for the review. great area to live imho. there is a really good finish/thai bar only a few meters away called farang pub always busy

Yes I know. I had a plan to BF the BG I spotted last trip from Farang Pub. But she was in the very long time agreement. Found an another bird instead. 145cm/35kg full of delight. See my trip report later.

Last trip I BFd the another BG from there. Just a gold but now gone somewhere else. Farang Pub has a interesting mix of Thai and Finnish. All the crazy Finnish shots there and very good times. They always wai you and say "Sawadee krap" when you come back for the drinks. Very friendly and cosy. They really will be looking you after. Go there if you live near.

• 6 months later...

My friend stayed here couple of weeks last month. Quality is still the same.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend stayed here couple of weeks last month. Quality is still the same.

Thanks for your review, you say Rehab is hammered down do you mean demolished, and was there any construction taking place , near  enough to be disturbing, did your friend mention at all.

Thanks for your review, you say Rehab is hammered down do you mean demolished, and was there any construction taking place , near  enough to be disturbing, did your friend mention at all.

Rehab was hammered down already in January.  I think someone said there is the open air beer bars in that unit now.

• 3 weeks later...

Rehab is now open beer bars. Not busy. Although a few yards

south of there is an alley on the left that leads to

the road that Le carre blanc is on. About a 5 minute

walk straight towards the radio tower on that road

to get there. Worth the walk.

• 2 weeks later...

Better view of the pool area. Pool area gets sun about from 10am to 4pm. Building in the right contains the poolside rooms.

daniapool.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My friend is living in Dania again for 3 weeks. Same level of service(awesome) and the room prices are still the same. 700bht for the small room and 1200bht for the suite or the p e n t h o u s e room. No brainer as they have a pool+ sun loungers with towels, free wifi and the nice restaurant. The location is good for LK Metro and Walking Street crawlers. Baht buses go for both directions of Buakhao. Go there or be square :D

Archived