IGNORED

TG Visitors Visa for Canada

up2usexyman

Anyone had any luck obtaining a Visitors Visa for your TG to come to Canada. Applied last year and got denied. Want to try again but looking for some tips.

I talked to some Visa companies and they wanted about 40,000 baht. Some have given up on even trying to get Visa's for Canada.

All tips and advice appreciated.

Hello my friend. Everything I have heard anywhere, from anyone suggests that Canada is one of the most difficult couontries in the world to get a TG into for a short term stay. We accept Jamaican murderers and drug lords but apparently TGs are off limits. I think they fear that the Canadian taxpayer is likely to try to rip off the government somehow. This of course would affect their promotion, raise and retirement plans should it ever be found that they are respopnsible for approving the visa.

In reality I think the person in charge of the Canadian visa section in Bangkok is a born again Christian with an axe to grind. Unfortunately I have also been told that the appeal process in Canada is both lengthy and innordiantely expensive. Judging by the cost of other government services in this country, which should be covered under the tax dollars we contribute every year, I believe this to be true.

Nothing is impossible surely it looks difficut i agree.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

• 2 weeks later...
Hello my friend. Everything I have heard anywhere, from anyone suggests that Canada is one of the most difficult couontries in the world to get a TG into for a short term stay. We accept Jamaican murderers and drug lords but apparently TGs are off limits. I think they fear that the Canadian taxpayer is likely to try to rip off the government somehow. This of course would affect their promotion, raise and retirement plans should it ever be found that they are respopnsible for approving the visa.

In reality I think the person in charge of the Canadian visa section in Bangkok is a born again Christian with an axe to grind. Unfortunately I have also been told that the appeal process in Canada is both lengthy and innordiantely expensive. Judging by the cost of other government services in this country, which should be covered under the tax dollars we contribute every year, I believe this to be true.

so were fuct? This sucks!

Anyone had any luck obtaining a Visitors Visa for your TG to come to Canada. Applied last year and got denied. Want to try again but looking for some tips.

I talked to some Visa companies and they wanted about 40,000 baht. Some have given up on even trying to get Visa's for Canada.

All tips and advice appreciated.

Its been a few years, but I had no problem getting a visa to Canda fo my current wife prior to being married. Told them she was my fiance and were going to visit my parents. Just fill out the paperwork. Make sure she takes her famly papers and anything else they are currently asking for. Bank books with balance good to show its not long-term.

Your big problem is if you even fly over the US she needs a US visa. That we could not get. Try the Air Canada flight that leaves from Hong Kong so you avoid the US.

You can download the requirements from the webste.

Khun Ken

Life is Short! Eat Desert First at the "Y"

Just went though this painfull process. Mine got turned down earlier this month also. Sent everything they asked for even a letter of invitation from me, stating I was covering all of her expenses here & would be sending her plane tickets to match dates on her visa once she was approved. Also included T4 & last paystub showing income for year to date to show them I make enough money to cover her expenses & she still got turned down for not having enough money in her bank account. What a bunch of crap!!! Even tried to talk to someone at the Embassy in Bangkok about her case, but they wouldn't because we didn't send a letter stating that I was representing her. "Privacey Act". Government bureaucracy at it's finest. :Buddy1: Am going to try again when I go there in October. This time I'm going to the Embassy & talk to someone face to face. Maybe like KhunKen said, have to say she's fiance instead of girlfriend.

All in all, I find it to be typical service we get for our tax dollars. As one of the highest taxed countries in the world we sure don't get our monies worth. Dealing with our government is like banging your head against the wall, it only feels good when you stop. :D

THAIVISAFORUM will have helpful advise .

Thai Visa Express

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

so were fuct? This sucks!

welcome to the shit club! i can't do the same in amerikaah either.

is a little 92 pound thai girl going to do something horrible that we need to keep her out of the country? come on!

Basically, Canada Border Services morons are jealous you are getting blown by a pretty girl half your age and they can't get a bj even from fat nasty falang "women" wearing hockey sweaters.

hmmm :)

Thai Visa Express

Yes, a very painful process!

But here is how I got my TG to Canada on a tourist visa:

First time she went to the Embassy in BKK, showed them a completed application, payed the fee, but was refused a tourist visa. Mentioned she had a boyfriend in Canada, blah, blah, blah. The 'older' lady who interviewed her would not listen to any of it. REFUSED

I then talked to a couple of expat Canadians who are married to TG's for advice. Basically, if the embassy staff have any sniff that she is working in a 'Bar' you can forget it. Likewise, your TG will have to show that she has a 'job' to go back to in Thailand.

So what do you do?

Get your TG to go to a legitimate business (non bar) to get a letter of employment - restaurant, hotel, travel company. Most of these girls know the owner of a legitimate business, so it shouldn't be a problem. Fill out the visa paperwork, get her to go to a travel agency and get a refundable return trip ticket to Canada, and get a letter of support from you indicating you will be responsible for her in Canada.

Sound complicated .... welcome to the bureaucracy!!

She will then have to go to the embassy, pay the fee, then get interviewed by a Thai national .... thats right, a non-Canadian citizen. OK, I will digress here. The Canadian embassy .... well who am I kidding, most embassies in BKK are completely corrupt. They will accept bribes (some expect them) to help the flow of paper. The average BG is not sophisticated enough to talk her way around the staff, so they are sometimes preyed upon. The 'older' lady I mentioned is notorious. She terrorizes the average BG that walks in, somewhat intimidates them ... trying to ferret out what their real reason for going to Canada is. In any case, if your BG gets one of the 'nicer' interview staff, and she has the three things I mentioned: employment letter from a legitimate business, return ticket, and support letter, there should not be a problem .... unless your gal gives a less than convincing interview.

Thats it, you are at the mercy of non-Canadian staff for this type of thing. Thais can no longer apply for Canadian citizenship from BKK because even the Canadian government knows how corrupt things are in BKK. All the citizenship/work visa applications go through Singapore now.

In the end, my gal got a 3 month tourist visa (even though her ticket was for a return in 2 months). A buddy of mine did exactly the same thing I did the second time, and his gal got through on the first attempt.

The lady who interviewed her the second time also mentioned that had I gone with her to the Embassy in BKK, she wouldn't need the ticket upfront, and the fact that I would accompany her would be an indication of support. So, if you are in LOS, you can go through the process with her and it will be quicker with less hassles.

Oh yeah, lots of airlines go direct from Asia to Vancouver and Toronto, no need to go near the US . My gal went on EVA.

Cheers,

Stiffy

Thanks Stiffy to hear that things can work out. That was my plan to go to the embassy with my TG when I'm there. I figure it has to be better to talk to someone in person. Glad to know it will help immensely.

Stiffy, I just noticed that this was your first post. Great , informative post. Congrats on busting you cherry. :):wub: Hope to hear more from you.

• 9 months later...

Well lads, eventually got a Visa. In the end I went through the Foreign Worker Program. Got her a job in Canada and went from there. We are back in Thailand now and return to Canada in March. Just secured a 10yr Multiple Entry Visa for the US too.

One thing I did do was grill the girlfriend with all sorts of questions (who, what, where, when and why stuff) over and over to get her prepared for her interview. She hated it but it paid off in the end.

She speaks english very well too and told me she could hear the other girls being interviewed. In the Canadian interview the whole interview was conducted in English as it was a requirement of the job. She also had to write a couple paragraphs about herself in English.

It's no wonder so many don't get Visa's. Her are some of the things she overheard:

Why do you want to go to Canada - visit boyfriend

Where does he live - don't know

What does he do for work - don't know

How long have you known him - 3 months maybe 6

What do you do - own shop

How long have you owned shop - not sure

How much do you make at the shop in a month - don't know

In the US Embassy it was a similar type of questioning

Why do you want to go to the United States - holiday

Where are you planning on going - don't know

How long are you wanting to visit - not sure

You said you are planning on going to Las Vegas, why - don't know

Do you know anyone there - no

Do you know how much it costs for a flight to there - no

How much for a hotel - don't know

It was recommended that we apply for the US Visa in Thailand versus Canada. When I first enquired about it Canada there was a 43 business day wait for the interview at the US Consulate in Vancouver. In Bangkok it was only a day.

I also wrote a couple pages about what we were trying to do and why. She said the interviewer read through all the information I provided and asked a couple questions about what I had stated.

For the US Visa we did the internet booking and paid for the pin number and visa fee at the Post Office. That worked very well. Don't show up more than about 45 minutes before your appointment as they will just make you wait anyway. One guy I met had an 11am appointment and he got there at 7am hoping to get in early and they told him he has to wait. Had an option of taking the interview in English over Thai and she took it. She then got an American interviewer who also spoke very good Thai and could read it very well too. After reading what I had provided and a few questions he said the Visa would be in the mail in about 3 days. Well, the interview was on Monday morning and the 10yr multi entry Visa was in Pattaya Wednesday afternoon. I was very impressed by it.

Tips - provide about a 2 page brief about yourself, relationship and why you want the Visa. Try to use point form as the whole interview process is only about 5 minutes. The other 3 hours is just spent waiting around for your turn. If her English is good enough ask for the interview in English. I went with her but wasn't allowed to go in with her so had to wait outside the whole time. No where to sit except at the bus stop. I really didn't have to be there at all except for moral support when she finally came out had she been denied.

Notes about the Canadian Embassy - If you want Immigration Info/help they are only open Monday to Thursday 7:30-10am. The Immigration side won't take money, you have to bring a Bank Draft, Money Order, etc. However the Passport side will take money. If you want Passport Info/help then that part is open 9am-noon Monday to Friday.

If you are going to get a Marriage Affadavit you have to go to the Passport side. It costs 1,400baht and takes about 5 minutes, once it is your turn. You only need to bring your Passport and money. You don't need anything from or about the TG. If you get the form there and fill it out it's easy but they ask for two references and their addresses so make sure you know that. Family members were fine for references.

You then need to have the Marriage Affadavit translated into Thai. There are a few places right around the Embassy. One was 500baht another was 600baht but 900baht if we wanted it done in a couple of hours. Neither could do it right away. It's a very simple document. After you get the translation you then have to proceed to a Thai government office and have it legalized. Well this is quite a ways away. Half ways across the city. You can take the Skytrain part way and then taxi it from there. There is a charge of 800baht for this legalization process. So 500 to translate plus 800 to legalize it plus skytrain and taxi fares it all adds up. On top of that it would be doubtful that you would get it back that day anyway.

Tip - Go to the closest translation office - Bangkok Business and Secritarial Office. 5/6 Saladaeng Rd. Silom Tel: 0-2266-531 Give them your Marriage Affadavit and let them do the rest. They will express mail it to you when it's all said and done for 2,200 baht total. Well, there's 1,300baht of fees in there plus when you add up Skytrain fares and taxi fares plus you waste the whole day waiting around, just spend the 2,200 baht and go home early.

Good luck.

• 3 months later...

Hey up2usexyman great post, i was thinking of trying to get a tourist visa or work visa for my TG, she does work in a bar but not a service bar. She does have a bank account but doesn't have steady money going into it (she is only 19 and been working for less than a year).

I have a Thai company that I opened to purchase my condo so I could say she works for that company but do I have to show pay stubs?

What qualifications were required for her job in Canada, did she need any special schooling? I have a couuple different componies here and could easily put her on payroll for a month just to get her here??

I thought about the getting married route and I am not ready to do that yet, just lost a shitload from a divorce here and don't want to go throough that again.

Thanks for the post and any help!!

Gman

My fiance (then girlfriend) came to Canada last year for a month. As previous posts said, Canadian Immigration are very, very tough. My fiance does not work in a bar, she had her own beauty supply/face massage shop in Pattaya, and holds title to the furniture shop her mom runs in their home village (father left it to her in his will when he died). I had sent her a letter of invitation with all my personal/employment data on it, as well as copies of my birth certificate and passport (to prove Canadian Citizenship). Letter stated that I would be paying for airline tickets, as well as lodging, food and all expenses while she was here. She had to take in original copies of business papers (title to the businesses, etc) as well as proof of income from businesses (bank statements, tax records). Also had to provide essay on how we met and how our relationship developed (I wrote, but phrased it like she speaks), and she also printed off and took in many emails exchanged between us and pictures of the two of us together. Of course, it goes without saying that she had the visa application and fee as well. Took her a couple of trips, as on the first trip she did not have all the documents, and they asked for some additional info in the interview. But, after she had all the documents and info they required, she was granted the visa in about one day.

Of course, the story did not end there. When she arrived in Vancouver, she was grilled by immigration for two hours, and they called and interviewed me for 20 minutes over the phone (I live in Saskatchewan and she was getting on another flight in Vancouver to fly here). She was so upset, she was crying when she finally got out of the interview....but at least she was here!

Im actually doing an application shortly.

Thai Visa Express

Thanks for the info, I might try it when I am there in August, i can figure out all the paperwork stuff, my big concenr is my TG's lack of english, but i will try, got nothing to loose.

Thanks!!

So how is your TG adjusting to Canada? is she bored silly or has she made friends??