IGNORED

Volume for video compilation

LaughingBoy

Does anyone know how to compile a multi file music video compilation and get the volume to be at the same level so I won't be constantly adjusting the volume. I've heard of Sound forge, but is there anything like that for video. All input would be much appreciated.

With Aiseesoft Platinum I think you could merge all the VDO then edit the volume to whatever % you want.

I haven't tried it though.

Any video-editing program would enable you to individually adjust the sound level of every clip.

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

I download from youtube individual Arias from operas and put a compilation on a DVD and also have this problem of having to adjust the volume for different songs when playing back. Usually the concerts are louder than a stage performance..

Real Player (free) allows you to trim parts from the beginning and end of a piece. Useful for removing a 5 minute standing ovation at a live performance.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Does anyone know how to compile a multi file music video compilation and get the volume to be at the same level so I won't be constantly adjusting the volume. I've heard of Sound forge, but is there anything like that for video. All input would be much appreciated.

Most upper end video editing programs will offer something called "normalize" for the audio section upon import. Normalize is a function that will bring the audio up or down to a fixed point (0 db gain, the spot between green and yellow on a mixer).  This option is usually in the section where you choose audio import options like "mono/stereo", compression, and bit ratio, etc.  If not there, it might be an F/X filter you can apply to a timeline.  

Bit of advise though with normalize: the video should be pretty close in the first place.  If not, normalize, just like manual audio adjustments, will bring in noise (hiss) for really quiet audio and will not fix any audio that is already clipping pre-import.  You may not want to normalize certain video where you want to preserve delicate sounds.  That being said, it is a quick and easy fix for most projects.  

Archived