IGNORED

need to find new room bytomorrow, weekly rental for now...

sukatoro

hello friends, new to both this forum and Pattaya but have been living in Thailand for the last 7 years (mostly down in Patong), finally have gotten fed up w/ the nightmare Patong is becoming due to rampant over development and ready for a change... showed up here w/ the wife in tow yesterday and have decided we want to stay. so...

...were currently over at the Mosaik apt's at Day Night soi 2 and S. Pattaya st... i can tell already this isn't really my side of town, too quiet and too empty at night. we are checking out at noon tomorrow and i have no idea where to hit next, but have decided the next place will be for a week... to be honest i am a bit lost. Pattaya is *way* more far-flung than Patong, and i just don't know where to even start looking. we would love to find a room to rent in an older "thai style" building w/ a balcony on 2nd/3rd floor facing a street, close to active nightlife/bars/restaurants and not priced into the stratusphere. web searches have left me even more lost w/ a myriad of choices, and agencies that i suspect are tacking on a hefty percentage above what the real going rates are.

from some recon i did earlier it seems i don't want to be any farther from the water than close to 2nd street, access to Walking Street i can either give or take as it just reminds me of Bangla fitted w/ more neon and more perambulators (although i did enjoy hanging out at the AngelWitch last night)... we don't need anything opulent or huge, nor do we want a fan-cooled hovel... internet is a must, but we are big fans older buildings and being on the second story w/ a balcony/terrace where we can relax and "people watch" (no blowguns, jing jing!). did i read earlier in this forum that there are some apartment buildings that happen to be close to an "Eden Club"?

any advice, pointers, insight or ridicule would be most welcome friends, the clock is ticking for me and even though my wife sleeps now she won't be a happy camper if when she awakens i don't even have a semblance of knowing where to head w/ baggage in tow.

btw, did i read correctly that there is an Eden Club here now, and domiciles in close proximity..? ;)

I'm staying at the jasmine hotel on soi BJ off Walking Street.

wireless internet is free, the 850 baht a day room I have is

resonably quiet, has a balcony with 2 chairs and a table. Not

much of a view unfortunately from my balcony.the room okay

though and has a kitchenette in the room so you can make simple

meals, No pots or pans but dishes, plates, silverware included.

The electric remains on all the time so you can keep the room

cool while your out although I turn everything off since the AC

cools the room down in a few minutes.

Only complaint is the towels which are not very absorbent, probably

made from some synthetic material.

www.jasminehotel-pattaya.com

Rotsaruck :)

Edited by kw59

thx for the input friends, after a good amount of helpful chat from other members via the ShoutBox i decided (at almost 6am, lol) that i want to be around where 'the stereo' is located, also Jasmine Mansion and The Rock i think... no luck booking so late though, any other honorable mentions around this same locale friends? hitting the sheets now, but will check right when up for any new input. appreciate all your time friends, thx again..!

:)

Galaxy Suites has rooms available now. Galaxy is located on Soi Diamond, just off Walking St with easy access to 2nd Rd. We have free WiFi, in-room safe, king size bed. Send me a PM if you want to book.

Daylight was something God made so that life was not one endless party.

Nutosf

Hey kw59,

Have you had any issues with the hot water at the Jasmine? I heard somewhere else that the hot water is sometimes spotty, which I can imagine would be an annoyance.

I'm staying at the jasmine hotel on soi BJ off walking street.

wireless internet is free, the 850 baht a day room I have is

resonably quiet, has a balcony with 2 chairs and a table. Not

much of a view unfortunately from my balcony.the room okay

though and has a kitchenette in the room so you can make simple

meals, No pots or pans but dishes, plates, silverware included.

The electric remains on all the time so you can keep the room

cool while your out although I turn everything off since the AC

cools the room down in a few minutes.

Only complaint is the towels which are not very absorbent, probably

made from some synthetic material.

www.jasminehotel-pattaya.com

Rotsaruck :D

Hey kw59,

Have you had any issues with the hot water at the Jasmine? I heard somewhere else that the hot water is sometimes spotty, which I can imagine would be an annoyance.

good point, it 's tepid to cool mostly. the tap water is lukewarm in the day

no doubt the storage tanks on the roof get heated by the sun.

The shower has one of those scarey looking instant heat things right in the

shower. the power light dosen't seem to be on but the "ECB" (electric circuit breaker?) light

has been on but i've had a few hot showers.

I came here from a cold climate so it's not bothering me too much.

hey friends, got hooked up w/ Keith and Andy today and am happily surveying the landscape from the penthouse room at Stereo as of now... thx to everyone who spent their time so late w/ me on the ShoutBox this morning... greatly enjoying this side of town more already.

now, if i could only spot a nice slim panda-eyed princess over here soon... ;)

again, many thx to all here in the fora, hope to make many new friends here soon... to be honest, people seem much friendlier here in Pattaya compared to Patong, and i say that as someone who has lived mostly in Phuket for the last 7 years, and have only been here 48 hours. take that for what you will..!

Pleasure to help mate... now get yourself round to Hell Club round the corner for some afternoon fun followed by a cool beer at Lloydies bar!

wow hardman... tour guide *AND* psychic! i am duly impressed..!

I aim to please.

Hey Sukatoro,

Did you contact Stereo through their website or did you show up there in person? I ask because I emailed them 4 or 5 days ago about staying there later this month, and they never replied, not even to say they were booked and had nothing available.

hey friends, got hooked up w/ Keith and Andy today and am happily surveying the landscape from the penthouse room at Stereo as of now... thx to everyone who spent their time so late w/ me on the ShoutBox this morning... greatly enjoying this side of town more already.

now, if i could only spot a nice slim panda-eyed princess over here soon... ;)

again, many thx to all here in the fora, hope to make many new friends here soon... to be honest, people seem much friendlier here in Pattaya compared to Patong, and i say that as someone who has lived mostly in Phuket for the last 7 years, and have only been here 48 hours. take that for what you will..!