Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Flying thru Dubai?

Scumbag

For some reason this came to mind earlier today and thought I would post about it to warn those travelling through Dubai, and probably other countries in the region. I remember a couple of years ago I heard a story about a British women who had problems in Dubai because of drugs. I remember the story well as not long before I had travel through Dubai with a rather large amount of the drug that caused her problems as I was travelling to Pakistan to take part in a climbing expedition.

The drug was got caught for was codeine. Apparently the stuff is highly illegal there. The story went that she had a problem with her travel documents (presumably her passport) and they tested her for drugs by a blood test. They detected codeine in her blood but didn't find any in her possession.

I think she spent a couple of months in jail there while things got sorted out. The codeine had been prescribed to her by a doctor in the UK. She got a letter from the doctor stating such. The authorities where still not willing to let her go easily. Anyway it got sorted in the end but it caused her a huge amount of inconvenience.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

One guy got caught with a little bit of weed stuck on the bottom of his shoe. Fucking ridiculous!

Couldn't be Codeine, its available in UAE.

I've lived in Middle East for a long time, they would come down hard on the usual narcotics but otherwise they are tolerant of Western decadence. Now Saudia Arabia and Iran are a different story, but nobody in their right mind transits through there. Dubai in particular is too keen on the tourist buck to make waves. Security in most Middle east airports is pretty low key with unskilled imported workers lounging at the scanners. For obvious reasons, these airports are pretty low on the terrorist radar.

One guy got caught with a little bit of weed stuck on the bottom of his shoe. Fucking ridiculous!

Yep and they got 4 years which is the standard sentence!

DJ Grooverider got jailed there a few weeks ago for having less than £10's worth of weed in his pocket!

You think that's crazy..read this: http://www.cafonline.org/Default.aspx?page=15112

"The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has reportedly jailed a Swiss national for four years after three poppy seeds were detected on his clothing in searches for restricted substances.

All the man had done was eaten a bread roll at Heathrow airport before flying to UAE, but poppy seeds as well as some over-the-counter medications can automatically attract a four-year jail term there."

Aâ™  If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Bloody hell i am of to live there in about a week ?

Couldn't be Codeine, its available in UAE.

I've lived in Middle East for a long time, they would come down hard on the usual narcotics but otherwise they are tolerant of Western decadence. Now Saudia Arabia and Iran are a different story, but nobody in their right mind transits through there. Dubai in particular is too keen on the tourist buck to make waves. Security in most Middle east airports is pretty low key with unskilled imported workers lounging at the scanners. For obvious reasons, these airports are pretty low on the terrorist radar.

oops my memory has failed me a little. Maybe I 'm getting old!! It was codeine but she was carrying some. Here is a link I just found. I probably should have gone looking it before posting... :rolleyes: The article describes the case I am talking about in the last section. It also reports that cases Esco and adiggity posted about.

Tourists warned of UAE drug laws - BBC

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 5 weeks later...

Valium or Diazapan my doc gives me this to fly helps me sleep is that illegal.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

i would guess not az because its derived from opium. Best check first mate.

Without a family a rich man is very poor

Tried to buy some Siang Oil at airport .4 in a pack only 120 baht.went to pay ,asked me for boarding ticket ,found i was going to Abu Dhabi ,and then said i could not take it there ,which i thought was strange ,