IGNORED

Pension Value

Parkwahn

I will be 52 in April and can stop work and take 1500 a month pension, should I work for more years or pack it in now and live in Los.

The money will be the only income I have , what would you do ?

I will be 52 in April and can stop work and take 1500 a month pension, should I work for more years or pack it in now and live in Los.

What currency are you talking about? I would assume GBP but can't be 100% sure.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

If that is US S I' d work longer and boost that to at least 3k/mnth, min. Just IMO.

Take the pension - you could drop dead tomorrow. £1500 p.m is plenty out here.

Be scene and not herd.

Take the pension - you could drop dead tomorrow. £1500 p.m is plenty out here.

For me, it wouldn't be enough. I think cost of living is 1/4 to 1/3 of living in Europe, but maybe you want to travel sometimes to your old country? And don't forget, medical costs will probably go up a lot when you get older...

I also would want to have a good house or condo here, not just a studio apartment. Plus a car, a motorbike, a good TV / DVD / music system etc etc

If I had a net income of EUR 2500 I might do it.

Men want to fuck many women. Women want to fuck the best provider. Only in the paysex scene both goals are met.

Lets hope it's not baht! lol

For me, it wouldn't be enough. I think cost of living is 1/4 to 1/3 of living in Europe, but maybe you want to travel sometimes to your old country? And don't forget, medical costs will probably go up a lot when you get older...

I also would want to have a good house or condo here, not just a studio apartment. Plus a car, a motorbike, a good TV / DVD / music system etc etc

If I had a net income of EUR 2500 I might do it.

We are talking about B95,000 coming in every single month whether you spend it or not. A very nice house or condo can be had for B20,000 p.m or less which still gives you B2,500 per day to live on. For most expats this is more than enough as you soon settle into a quiet routine and don't go out every night as it gets boring, believe it or not.

Be scene and not herd.

Thanks for the advice, I may make the move you only live once :P

I'd rather be there than in Feltham! :D

I'd rather be there than in Feltham! :)

I am a bit worried the money wont be enough, I suppose I could cunt back a bit :P

I am a bit worried the money wont be enough, I suppose I could cunt back a bit :P

Will the pension grow with time to off-set inflation? If not it could be a lot tighter in 10 or 15 years.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

You mean cut back on cunt? :Agree1:

Be scene and not herd.

dont know what currency it is so lets say is US dollars, because thats worst case right now.

$1500 = $44, 631 baht a month.

You are 52.

It depends on your life style. Renting a really nice place is 15,000 baht a month. That leaves $29k baht left over.

If you eat Thai, your money will last you longer since food is cheap. If you eat western, its going to be expensive. I would eat Thai.

Own a car? I wouldn't. Not in that shit traffic.

Boom boom muck muck? Of course. But I doubt youd be going to gogobars like a vacationer. Or if you do, not every night.

I think if you move to Thailand, you have to adapt a simpler way of thinking...ie...a simpler life that doesn't requires 100,000 baht a month. You wont be going nuts there every single night and eventually, you'll learn how to get chicks for free.

So yes, I think $1500 is enough, if you life simpler. If you want a mercedes and a big condo overlooking Patta/BKK, well, keep working for 10 more years.

You can live a nice life-style here on 2,500 baht a day (I manage on much less but am not a big drinker) The booze and the women are your biggest expenses after rent. However, at only 52 you have to think what it would be costing in 5-10 years. why not keep working, take some leave without pay or holidays to keep the fever going and give it another 5 years or so.

You can live a nice life-style here on 2,500 baht a day (I manage on much less but am not a big drinker) The booze and the women are your biggest expenses after rent. However, at only 52 you have to think what it would be costing in 5-10 years. why not keep working, take some leave without pay or holidays to keep the fever going and give it another 5 years or so.

Sorry guys meant cut not cunt :P Well I will work 2 more years and save more ... but If I die before then I will be blaming the board members :o

Park: Not sure how much is enough. Will be doing a 3 month test run starting in October and staying until mid January. Wanted to do it over the holidays to help me better understand what I will need. I will be 63 by the time I get back and have a pension of approx 66000 THB/month will see what happens. Regardless of what you decide, good luck.

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Park: Not sure how much is enough. Will be doing a 3 month test run starting in October and staying until mid January. Wanted to do it over the holidays to help me better understand what I will need. I will be 63 by the time I get back and have a pension of approx 66000 THB/month will see what happens. Regardless of what you decide, good luck.

Thanks Wolfy, lets see how you get on I think given I am not a big boozer I may be ok the thing is I always spend more than I budget on Holidays... :)

£1500 = about $3000 so he more than satisfies that requirement.

Parkwahn - £1500 = over 90,000 baht per month, i think this is plenty. Good luck.

Your Main concern money wise is Meeting the requirements for a Thailand Issued Visa..A retired Visa is a Minimum 65,000 Baht a Month if your single..This is the MINIMUN amount..If you meet these requirements then you can live here easily..No returning to your country to get another visa..No Border runs for new stamps..Just get your Thailand Retired visa and live happy...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf