IGNORED

One way ticket to bangkok or not?

Hi guys,

In may im moving to los for a long time.

So has anyone ever come in to los with a one way ticket?

Any problems if u get at bangkok with a oneway ticket?

You need a roundtrip ticket i think to even enter the country, or at least an itinerary showing a departure date for somewhere else.

a one way ticket is almost the same prices as a two way, i got a two way, so when i go home on holiday it will be cheaper,

with my ticket i was allowed to have it 6 months ahead, and it will cost 35 to move it when i get nearer the date.

I have been told if you have a visa, any visa other than the visa on arrival you can get by with a 1 way ticket. Next time I arrive in Thailand it'll be on a student visa. For now I have bought a 1 way ticket but I'm seriously thinking of getting a return 1 way that is refundable and canceling it once I am in Thailand.

a one way ticket is almost the same prices as a two way, i got a two way, so when i go home on holiday it will be cheaper,

with my ticket i was allowed to have it 6 months ahead, and it will cost 35 to move it when i get nearer the date.

at the moment i can get oneway ticket at air berlin from dusseldorf to bangkok for 325 €

2way is about 800 €

but then again i will have a return ticket in case it dont work out for me out there.

I have been told if you have a visa, any visa other than the visa on arrival you can get by with a 1 way ticket. Next time I arrive in Thailand it'll be on a student visa. For now I have bought a 1 way ticket but I'm seriously thinking of getting a return 1 way that is refundable and canceling it once I am in Thailand.

Then I think you were told wrong. All entries require a return ticket or proof of forwarding on travel.

It is rare for you to be checked at BKK but some airlines in your own country will not let you board without a valid return as they are aware of the regs and know they will have to fly you back if you are refused admission.

I have only heard of this actually happening ONCE and that was to ME - an Air France flight some years ago.

Whether you get checked at BKK or not is debatable. I have never seen it but have heard and read about it happening.

As a previous poster says a return ticket is usually about the same price as a 1 way so why take the risk.

You always have the fall back too if you need to get home for an emergency. Make sure you buy a ticket that allows you to move the dates so if it expires and you dont fly you just move it forward another 6 months.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Hi guys,

In may im moving to los for a long time.

So has anyone ever come in to los with a one way ticket?

Any problems if u get at bangkok with a one way ticket?

How long is a long time? If you have the one year multi entry O visa then it won't be a problem as it would be unreasonable for you to have a 12 month validity on your flight ticket. This is why they ask for details of a sponsor on the application form - someone to bail you out should you run out of money. If you were doing the 30 day visa then you would most certainly need to show the return ticket at both ends.

Be scene and not herd.

• 3 weeks later...
at the moment i can get oneway ticket at air berlin from dusseldorf to bangkok for 325 €

2way is about 800 €

but then again i will have a return ticket in case it dont work out for me out there.

From what I've been told it's the airline that can hassle you on this matter, it seems it's possible to reject someone who can't garantee they will return (or will financially be able to return) when the visa expires.

I've been doing some reading about this subject as I tend to make a long visit to Thailand myself, I remember someone saying you can arrive without onward tickets if you go to the Thai embassy buying a one-year visa..though I'm not 100% sure rules change if you get a one-year visa (something I must also sort out for myself).

€ 325? That's a price I most definitaly am willing to pay! :P I've been doing some reading about European flights to Bangkok and Air Berlin seems to be one of the cheapest airlines to fly with.

BTW: Flying from Dusseldorf beats Amsterdam in the future as there will be a 45 euro tax (june 1, 2008) on all (long distance) flights to "save the planet from air-pollution".... :mad:

Edited by e-disco

When I went to BKK with my one year type O visa I was fine with a one way ticket, was never asked when I was leaving or anything.

When I wanted to come back I got a flight for 14,000 baht.

yeh should be ok, but i think you need a visa, u can get one from the thai embassy in hull somewhere

30447168zh0.gif