IGNORED

Lost sim card

yobbo

If you lose your sim card. Is it possible to get a new one with your old number. I'm with True Move. It was going to expire sometime next year.

DATY champion of Pattaya,

• 4 weeks later...

Asked about that in a shop when I lost a 1-2-call sim and as long as the number was not registered, I couldnt get a replacement sim. Had to buy a new sim with a new number.

If you lose your sim card. Is it possible to get a new one with your old number.

Yes, but IF and only IF you registered this number to your name before.

I made it with my 1-2-Call Number: went to AIS office in central beach festival,

and gave them my phone and my Thai driving license (passport would be ok too).

They entered my name & references in their computer for the SIM in my phone.

Now if I lost it; I just need to show an ID document to get a new SIM with same number :)

Asked about that in a shop when I lost a 1-2-call sim and as long as the number was not registered, I couldnt get a replacement sim. Had to buy a new sim with a new number.

I don't recall ever registering it but when I lost my phone (1-2-call) my girlfriend got me a replacement sim with my old number intact. Even had the original credit still on it but lost all my saved numbers.

Like many things in Thailand it probably depends who you ask. Not sure if there is a time limit involved though? 

Edit. Sounds like I must have registered it but don't recall, pardon the pun!

Archived