IGNORED

Chinese Tourists Used GPS To Catch Thief

Pattaya Daily News

pdn023.jpg
Police capture iphone thief using GPS after he stole the iphone from 2 Chinese tourists. The thief was talking on the phone arranging to sell it while the police homed in on the GPS signal and arrested him.

pdn03PATTAYA – November 11, 2013 [PDN]; At 2.00 a.m. Pol. Capt. Chaleaw Boonkhoom (investigation police on duty of Pattaya city police station, Chonburi province) was notified that a Chinese couple were robbed by 2 male teenagers who drove passed them on a motorbike and snatched their bag. Ms. Wang Memg Ni (the wife) said her bag contained cash and an iPhone. The robbery occurred in the middle of Soi Bua Khao.

After the police was notified they checked and found that the GPS signal was in the area of Soi Chalermphrakiet 15, central Pattaya so a police team together with the victims rushed to the area.

When the officers arrived the GPS signal disappeared so they waited and staked out the area, then they spotted a suspicious looking teenager the police team approached him and searched him. They found the iPhone was in his back pocket of his trousers. When Mr. Liv Yuan and Ms. Wang Memg Ni saw the mobile phone then they confirmed it was theirs .
The police detained the thief, he was identified as Mr. Narong Phimkaew, aged 26, address 204 Moo 2 Tambon Wang Takhien, Amphur Khao Saming, Trad province. He confessed that he had stolen the phone together with his friend Tom. He said he was going to sell the iphone but the police caught him before he had chance too. His friend Tom and already escaped into the night. The police detained Mr. Narong (the culprit) and he will be prosecuted according to Thai law.

Advertise

Print This News Print This News

Type : Crime News
Story : Samart
Photo : Samart

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article

For all the stick the BiB get for enforcing traffic laws, they can be pretty impressive at this stuff sometimes.

For all the stick the BiB get for enforcing traffic laws, they can be pretty impressive at this stuff sometimes.

The Chinese couple activated the free app "find my phone" that comes standard on iPhone and ipads if you activate it, then went and showed the police, all the BiB had to do was go where Apple showed them to go......nice to see them solving a crime and catching the thief, but not really impressive on their part.

The Chinese couple activated the free app "find my phone" that comes standard on iPhone and ipads if you activate it, then went and showed the police, all the BiB had to do was go where Apple showed them to go......nice to see them solving a crime and catching the thief, but not really impressive on their part.

It got them to the area, but it was already switched off, so they had a bit to do still.

The Chinese couple did well to get them to go looking.

Anyway, I was generalising - sometimes I find it surprising how quickly they can find these Thai guys, especially considering they all look the same.   :hello09:

It got them to the area, but it was already switched off, so they had a bit to do still.

The Chinese couple did well to get them to go looking.

Anyway, I was generalising - sometimes I find it surprising how quickly they can find these Thai guys, especially considering they all look the same.   :hello09:

yeah i gotcha... they did a good job getting them....

but i often wonder.... maybe they find these thai guys quickly because they are repeat offenders that the cops have arrested several times and released before

Ah the pointing, all is well in Pattaya. Pretty impressive work by the BiB

pdn023.jpg

yeah i gotcha... they did a good job getting them....

but i often wonder.... maybe they find these thai guys quickly because they are repeat offenders that the cops have arrested several times and released before

Dunno repeats. grasses. street knowledge or whatever but the speed with which they have someone all fessed up and pointing at the evidence and or the body just seems awesome compared to farangland sometimes.

Then they still have time to check for IDPs 555.

Its amazing what you can do when you have a go, so why can't they find dodgy jetski operators and drug pushers on beach rd?

Archived