IGNORED

travelbag scam

paulashley

has anybody else had a problem with travelbag?

just a warning last year i booked a flight london to bangkok  price 502 pounds through there website next day they rung me said it should be 520 pounds so i paid it

well just booked my flight with them in march with eva 552 and they sent me email saying it should be 579 its still bloody listed as 552 

my phery is if they did this to everyone its a total con

ring them up and ask for a refund and book with another agent

another option ask them to implement their price match which they offer

west east are selling seats for march with eva for £551

Booking flights directly with the airline is the recommended way, rather than through 3rd parties.

Booking flights directly with the airline is the recommended way, rather than through 3rd parties.

Nonsense.

Using a reputable travel agency can save you money and can handle issues faster than dealing with someone on a phone.

The key being reputable whereas most people try to squeeze 11 cents out of a dime and go to some unknown internet entity to save two bucks then get pissed off afterwards.

I fly refundable first and business class and still use a TA for those bookings.

Nonsense.

Using a reputable travel agency can save you money and can handle issues faster than dealing with someone on a phone.

The key being reputable whereas most people try to squeeze 11 cents out of a dime and go to some unknown internet entity to save two bucks then get pissed off afterwards.

I fly refundable first and business class and still use a TA for those bookings.

Gotta agree with you here, I have used net flights many times, never had an issue, except for when they thought the payment hadn't gone through because their website had an issue. Called me first thing in the morning and double checked my E-ticket had been issued which it had.

If you use a something like skyscanners you will see amazing offers from ticket agencies you never heard off. I then google the agency to find reviews about it. Travelbag don't have a good reputation... often asking for extra money and hard to get refunds.

Another suprise was Opodo... I thought they were reputable but apparently there are 200 complaints with the UK Office of Fair Trading because Opodo don't book your seat then say you failed a "random security check". Of course this is complete BS they are just selling seats they dont have.

I have used Westeast Travel and Netflights.com recently, both have been reliable.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

Use skyscanner as a tool to compare prices find the lowest quote for your dates, going through booking pages on 3rd party website.

get to payment screen. Print out or take screenshot, Go to or phone flight centre they will price beat by a pound.  

Job done

Be well Dave

[URL=[url="http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html%5D"]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/baby-dolls-addict.html][/url][img]http://www.babydollspattaya.com/images/babydollsaddict.gif[/img][/URL]  

Not ALL third parties are rip off merchants-I recently booked through Travel Trolly aka Southall Travel for a Swiss Air flight-saved £28 :GoldenSmile1:

Westeast and Southall for me in the last few trips... Both were cheaper than on Qatar's own site...

Westeast got me £519 on Jan 7th Man - Bkk... I paid more than that 4 years ago!!! (and great service too)

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

I always book with Ebookers. Never had a problem with them

Me to. i even got a 75% refund back from them on a flight i had to cancel, even though by rights i wasn;t entitled to any

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

I had the same trick played with me on 3 attempts at booking with them.

I make the booking via their website, then get a phone call the following day to inform me that they are unable to offer me this ticket at the original quoted price.

It always ends up between £25-32 more.......WTF!

From now on I never book with them, prefer to use ebookers or netflights even if it shows up a few quid more on skyscanner.

Eva Airways excellent service.

After you booked ticket,  you go to the airport, and make a reservation for whatever seat you want.

Great service by EVA here in Amsterdam.

+31 (0)20 - 575 9166  and [email protected]

They never let met down, Just love them, they are Excellent.

EVA Air 747-400 AMS schiphol Airport.jpg

I am like Switzerland in WO2.

ha ha i just phoned travelbag they just quoted me 599 pounds silly twats

even tho on there webite still says 552 

will book through e bookers me thinks

just avoid travelbag

ha ha i just phoned travelbag they just quoted me 599 pounds silly twats

even tho on there webite still says 552 

will book through e bookers me thinks

just avoid travelbag

what happened then !

have they given you a refund , 

what happened then !

have they given you a refund , 

i initially booked with them(ie gave them payment details etc) but before sending me an eticket they emailed me to say the price increased to 579 i emailed back and said no

then rung them this morning was quoted 599 so booked with e bookers no problems 

Archived