IGNORED

Gents Seiko Watch for sale

properperson

That's a nice watch. Seiko is probably the best all-round watch maker in the world.

That's a nice watch. Seiko is probably the best all-round watch maker in the world.

Are you kidding me, Seiko the best all-round watch maker in the world? Come on, just think about Breitling,Cartier and within the Seiko price-range i believe TW Steel is much better then Seiko.

Sorry for going off-topic on this one, guess you will this Seiko quite quickly if its for sale 24k in Robinson's

Are you kidding me, Seiko the best all-round watch maker in the world? Come on, just think about Breitling,Cartier and within the Seiko price-range i believe TW Steel is much better then Seiko.

Sorry for going off-topic on this one, guess you will this Seiko quite quickly if its for sale 24k in Robinson's

Yes it is. Seiko is the complete watch maker from budget to high end. No other maker covers this much of the market. Every part if made in-house (unlike Breitling and Cartier, in fact Cartier is a very poor watchmaker and is really a top-end jeweller).

Please show me the watches that Breitling, Cartier etc have for $50, $100, $500, $1000. Oh, there aren't any because they're not all-round watch makers are they, they're luxury only makers. 

Seiko has plenty of $5000+ watches to complete with Breitling and Cartier and others and their high-end movements like Spring Drive and their 36,000 BPH movements in Grand Seiko are pretty much the best high beat movements in the world. Grand Seiko movements kicked all the Swiss makers arses in the big competitions until the Swiss got the hump and banned Seiko from competing. Seiko's testing for their GS movements is more precise and stricter than the COSC testing that Breitling, Rolex, Omega and all the Swiss makers use. 

Try looking at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_Drive

and

http://www.seiyajapan.com/pages/the-history-of-grand-seiko

http://home.watchprosite.com/?show=nblog.post&ti=400106

P.S. TW Steel is utter crap, it's a fashion brand not a watchmaker.

Yep, I had an early Grand Seiko manufactured the year I was born, not yet with a high-beat movement, but in gold. Lovely watch. Wouldn't have traded it for a Breitling. They produced similar dress watches, too.

948486d1359140231-why-doesnt-seiko-do-00

Very nice Grand Seiko.

Seiko is a splendid inventive company, and was the originator of quartz watches, which transformed the accuracy of wrist watches, compared to even the best present day mechanical ones.

The newish Seiko Astron models receive time signals from GPS satellites and automatically set the correct time zone globally, even in the remotest spots. The atomic clocks in the satellites are accurate to one second in a million years, apparently.

Cheers.

John

Archived