Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Governor Bans Selling of ‘Baraku’ and ‘Sisha’

Pattaya Daily News

pdn286.jpg
Now the Chonburi Provincial Governor strictly forbids Pattaya entertainment spots to sell ‘Baraku’ herbal liquor and a tobacco type product known as ‘Sisha,’ (used in water pipe smoking), so if anyone violates this ban, local officers will arrest them immediately.

PATTAYA-October 29, 2013 [PDN]:.- At 12.30 a.m. Mr. Sakchai Taenghor, the Amphur (Chief ‘Sheriff’ or Administrator) of Banglamung in the Chonburi Province, mobilized forces of more than 50-Territorial Defence officers together with officers of Excise Department of Chonburi , plus a police team from the Pattaya Police Station. Jointly, they inspected entertainment spots that were smuggling and selling herbal liquor or addictive stimulant tobacco, such as the types known as ‘Baraku’ or ‘Shisha’ (used in water pipe smoking), which commonly used in places all around Pattaya City and elsewhere.

Mr. Khomsan Aekkachai, (the Chonburi Provincial Governor) has commanded the officers of Amphur Banglamung to announce the ban on selling (or having in possession to sell) the addictive stimulant tobaccos or herbal liquors, such as the types known as ‘Baraku’ or ‘Shisha’ (used in water pipe smoking). These are sold in many entertainment spots all over Pattaya ad this operation is in accordance with the ‘Liquor Act’ of 1950 and the ‘Tobacco Act’ of 1966 and by issuing.

From inspecting in the entertainment spots in area of Walking Street in South Pattaya, which is an important tourism point in Pattaya, they found that most of the entertainment spots agreed to cooperate. However there are some shops still smuggling in these items to sell to the customers, so initially, the officers have warned them and also made records of their violations. This may have developed from a recent incident where a Japanese tourist was drugged with ‘Baraku’ and other substances, then robbed.

However, in spite of not wanting to cause unnecessary trouble for anyone, government officials will be strict in using the new regulations, so therefore Amphur of Banglamung will liaise with the Excise Department of Chonburi and other related organizations, such as the local police in the area. They will strictly and regularly inspect, so if they find anyone violating the new bans, the officers will decisively prosecute and submit the information to the Chonburi Provincial Governor to close these premises immediately for a 30-day period.

Advertise

Print This News Print This News

Type : Community News
Story : Samart
Photo : Samart

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article

These things smell like shite and make who ever smokes them smell the same, places to avoid.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

These things smell like shite and make who ever smokes them smell the same, places to avoid.

Yip. I'm glad they are banning them. What next... girls wearing Burkas..

you must have one messed up sense of smell if you think shisha smells bad.

Mr. Khomsan Aekkachai, (the Chonburi Provincial Governor) has commanded the officers of Amphur Banglamung to announce the ban on selling (or having in possession to sell) the addictive stimulant tobaccos 

cigarettes with even worse "addictive stimulant tobacco" are for sale in every 7-11 and family mart..... the likely reason shisha is being targeted is because someone in the gov isnt getting their cut of the profits

Is it still against the law to smoke inside bars and clubs that was another law that was past here in Thailand but now everything is just like it was before the new law?

Did it get repealed or just swept under the carpet like every other law that is past everywhere the law's here are not enforced.

Another example:

I have seen sometimes in amazement as the police stop the traffic to allow the students to come out of school's 95% of them that are riding motorbikes don't wear helmets, don't look old enough to have a driving licence, and are riding 3 up on the bikes all of which are against the law.

How can the police just ignore this when they are riding right past them if they don't learn at school they must think the laws are just there for others how can they expect them to ever obey them .

If there was a farang there doing any of the above he would get a ticket for sure. TIT?

I will miss Shisha, such a better alternative to smoking cigarettes... now clubs will 'really' stink because people will be lighting up cigarettes instead.

Its my belief some of the BMs happy to see the back of Shisha will be missing the days of Shisha as they walk teary-eyed through another cigarette smoke filled bar

Could be just another way to put up the rent/ tea money... in any case, I for one will enjoy the fresher air for a while anyway...

...Using the force, one bar at a time

Fxxx the Governor. I'm going to Laos to eat opium. Not smoke it, eat it. I know people.

Let's smoke some hash! Fxxx that. And cough my lungs out. Better to eat it.

I know I'm a slave and the govt owns me and dictates what I may or may not ingest.

FUCK the Government. And their mothers too.

I'd be amazed if it wasn't still in Soi16/Covent Garden/Marine Plaza, but the Tourist Police were patrolling WS in force and there was zero Shisha in Tony's Shisha place opposite Simon Beer Bar complex.

Zero customers too.  :Think1:

Archived