IGNORED

Truemove SIM and Shop

enquisitive

I thought I would post my experience with my Truemove H SIM card in case it helps others.  I've used True before for data access and it seemed to work fine in Bangkok, Pattaya and Chiang Mai.  I've usually bought a SIM at the airport and they've got it all working for me, however this time I arrived by land.  I tried to buy a True SIM from one of the stalls I found at Mo Chit bus station in Bangkok, however they were only promoting the contract / pay monthly SIMs.  Fortunately, a man at one of these stalls gave me some advice and I bought a Truemove H SIM from a 7-11 with enough credit to add the iSmart 299 package (which is 299+tax so is 321 baht).  This includes 100 minutes, 500MB internet and unlimited True WiFi.  It is valid for a month, no free SMS as far as I am aware.  The chap was willing to help me, but I only had 5 minutes left until my bus to the holy land of Pattaya so I decided to activate the internet package on the bus.

The SIM worked fine, but the activation of the internet package by dialling a code on the leaflet failed and gave an error in Thai script.  I suppose I could have called the help line, but I ended up visiting the True office in Pattaya.  This is located very near the Tukcom IT Centre and Kasikorn Bank on South Pattaya Road.  This is not too far to walk from Pattaya Second Road.  For some reason I seemed to struggle to find the location of Tukcom on Google Maps at the time, but now I've just looked I have found it fine.  And can see it and the True shop on street view, perhaps it was only a problem due to trying on the slow wifi connection on my phone!  Anyhow, they spoke reasonable English and were very helpful and got this working - the lady asked for the phone number and typed it into the computer and then putting the code in again worked.  It's probably worth being aware of this shop as I know it's not always easy to sort things over the phone with language difficulties etc.  I'll try and attach a photo.

This package seemed ok for me and I had no further issues, only used it in Pattaya and Bangkok Airport.

trueshop.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Archived