IGNORED

Getting TV from the home country

Garzan

I clicked on an ad in FB for a masquerading DNS service called SimpleTV  but I'm not finding much independent information about it. My search on here turned up empty, and my cursory Google search turned up reviews on a hardware device called SimpleTV rather than the software solution.

One of the things that interests me about this, if it works, is that you can make the changes to your router, and the rest of the house can take advantage of it, or you can configure a single device and only that device can use the service. 

Has anyone here actually used SimpleTV or SimpleVPN? Does it work for getting Hulu, Netflix, Pandora, etc.? I know $8 USD per month isn't going to break the bank if I go ahead and give it a try. However, if someone has already tried it, asking could save me the cost of a massage, (and I can just go ahead and get the massage.) :-)

I use this http://www.unblock-us.com/how-to-set-up/ and have been using it for nearly 2 years on my PS3 without any problems,im in Ireland but i use it for the American netflix as there is more content on it than the Irish one,you get a week for free to try it out so if it doesnt work the no worries ;)

I'm trying out the 'unblock' site, and it's really good. Getting my Samsung Smart TV to work has been hit and miss but I think that is more of a Samsung hardware issue. The computer and tablets work fine.

Sent from my too expensive Samsung tablet.

• 5 months later...

I'm using tv apps like BBCs iPlayer, ITV catchup, Ch4 & 5 and the US stations ABC, CBS and NBC quite well here at Page10 with Tunnelbear and my iPad. Works on Android, iOS, Windows & Mac - $50 for top of the line, unlimited proxies for 3 devices (2 handheld and 1 desktop) and proxies from US, Canada, Australia, UK, Germany, France and Japan - all in. Very good!

I'm using unblock-us perfectly fine in Thailand, setup my router to use it.

Works great, but i get a new IP from 3BB every day, so i use some app for my Android phone to automatically update the IP.

Had some issues where Unblock tried to spoof my location for Amazon, for some strange reason and resulted in a 404.

But besides that, works great. Using for AppleTV's on Netflix and a Roku player as well.

babydollsaddict.gif

Archived