Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Using LINE application in Thailand

BogeyPro

I just downloaded the LINE app.  As a newbie, I have a question.

If I take my iPhone (with AT&T carrier) to Thailand, and start using LINE for text, calls, etc., it is really free? 

Thank you.

If you use Wifi, it is free. Don't use your internet plan in Thailand (unless its in your phoneplan). Don't know about the calls, I use the app "viber"

Call with Line go through internet,as evrything on it.  Line dont work without a connexion.

But your line account is linked to a phone number for exchange the contact.

You can still change the phone number to use a thai sim with internet if you have registred a mail before, but that not very pratical.

Personnaly i use a double sim phone, so i can add any local sim card for the roaning data without have to reset my line phone number everytime.

And its make no problem to add new thai friend on line, since if you have their line phone number its will add them without need to give them your line phone number (except if they have set the option to not allow people to add you)

Thank you both very much for your answers!  Much appreciated!

Recommend putting in Thai sim, so you can use Internet and LINE etc anytime without wifi... 3G package is about 450baht for 1 month 1GB, on 12call pay as you go sim..

This is details I used last month, best get a TG to call service centre and ask for English speaking person to call you back to confirm set up -

1 2 Call Internet Package 3G 1gb then low speed

*777*992*216111#

*139*3# check package

Or go in any 12call Shop and they will set up for you.

or any place, you buy your sim. Just ask and they set it up for you.

Get a Thai sim card for sure,  Tukom will unlock your phone and lock it again when you head home.

Get a Thai sim card for sure,  Tukom will unlock your phone and lock it again when you head home.

not necessarliy.. they couldn't unlock an iphone I brought with me to use there...  

If they unlocked my phone, I certainly wouldn't want to re-lock it before leaving the LOS. I am pretty sure they wouldn't have the tools to lock it like the provider at home does.

not necessarliy.. they couldn't unlock an iphone I brought with me to use there...  

Did that iPhone have a SIM slot?

Did you look for one?

up to you

If they unlocked my phone, I certainly wouldn't want to re-lock it before leaving the LOS. I am pretty sure they wouldn't have the tools to lock it like the provider at home does.

Did that iPhone have a SIM slot?

Did you look for one?

yes, it was some special at&t model or some such horseshit, they could not unlock it...  and if you unlock a phone under contract, it can get you in some sort of trouble...  I think you have to buy health insurance if they catch you...

Yes, that's correct.  With AT&T, you can only unlock your phone after your two year contract has been fulfilled.  I just upgraded from the 4s to the 5s, by trading in the 4s for a us$200 credit.  I got the sweet new 5s Karadshian Gold one for net cost of like $50.  

But they got you for another two years.

Yes, that's correct.  With AT&T, you can only unlock your phone after your two year contract has been fulfilled.  I just upgraded from the 4s to the 5s, by trading in the 4s for a us$200 credit.  I got the sweet new 5s Karadshian Gold one for net cost of like $50.  

But they got you for another two years.

ya, I have four phones and a micro cell and a tablet...  pay about 325  a month, and am locked in for ever probably, haha!

Archived