IGNORED

Robotic Parking Garage at Bali Hai

furryman

Have you folks seen this?

Thailand’s first automated parking garage is expected to open in November at Bali Hai Pier, offering storage of cars and, eventually, boats.

Using a computerized-elevator system by Simmatec Robotic of South Korea, the 735 million baht garage will offer 407 parking spaces on seven floors. Three hydraulic “Transo Devices” will lift cars into and out of spaces. Each car must be shorter than 5.2 meters long, 1.9 meters tall and weigh no more than 2.3 tons. Vehicles also must measure no more than 13 cm. from ground to engine.

http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/robotic-parking-garage-set-to-open-in-pattaya-next-month-31196?ref=pmci

So now we know what they tore up the nice park for down at the Bali Hai end of WS. A giant automated parking garage where almost no one wants to park anyway. Usually with stuff like this I figure, "up to them TiT whatever", but this one just really struck me as the most ridiculous money sink ever. Why not put one of these at one of the malls where people actually want to park? Or build it to hold stacks of giant tour busses that will be idling on the streets and blocking access to this lot anyway?

I love this place for the madness, but sometimes even I am stunned by the depth of it.

Always wondered what they been building there, heard it was a carpark, can't help but think its a massive waste of space, shoulda been a hotel with that location

she asked "do you lub me?" i replied "i lub fucking you!"

• 3 weeks later...

And how many Thai's or Farangs will know the specifications of their vehicle

You're correct, nobody, but really all it means is any car up to and including the larger 4WDs in Thailand will fit as long as you have lowered it to about 2 inches ground clearance or raised it by a foot! (as some Thais do). They have pretty simple pics at the entrance to advise you and only something really out of the ordinary will be a problem.

VR

• 1 year later...

Latest news on the car park. Wonder how they'll get the cars out when the inevitable breakdown of the mechanical lift occurs. 

http://pattayadailynews.com/automated-car-park-finally-ready/

00218.jpg

20 March 2015 :: 07:03:42 am 109 views100015

Automated Car Park Finally Ready

An automated car park in Bali Hai Pier which was started in 2008 and finished in October 2013 is finally ready to be used after it received heavy criticism by local people.

PATTAYA – Recently [PattayaDailyNews]; Pattaya officials had been allocated by the government about 738 million baht in 2008 in order to construct an automatic car park which can hold 400 cars in Bali Hai pier.
However, it had been completed in October 2013 and was still not ready to open which caused a lot of criticism among local people. Later, Mr.Itthipol Khunpluuem-mayor of Pattaya- explicated that it would be handed over to a private sector to get it up and running within 1-2 months.

Mr.Wutthipol Charoenpol-chief of Pattaya- revealed that MP Meg Co Ltd will be taking over the project and he had authorized the operator to manage the building.

0039.jpg 0049.jpg

The cars will be driven into the car park then the computer system will take the car to a selected floor, therefore the staff need to be professional to take care of the system.

The system is now 100% ready and you can use it form the 16th – 22nd march for free and the building will be closed for cleaning after the free trail. Korean professionals will be taking care of the system when the building officially opens on April 1st. Drivers will have to pay 30 baht an hour and the car must not be over 2.3 Tons, 190 meters in width, 5.20 in length, 1.90 in height and an minimum of 13 cm off the ground.

Mr.Quttipol revealed that they expected about 50% of the tourists who travel to Ko Larn island will use the car park. Also the operator will have to pay 350,000 baht a month rent to Pattaya city hall.

Archived