IGNORED

Tequila Reef Soi 7 Freaky Friday Buffet Official Thread

tequilareef

Pattaya Buffet All You Can Eat October 18, 2013

Tequila Reef Restaurant located on Soi 7 just 60 meters off Beach Road is proud top announce the start of our monthly "Freaky Friday Buffet" in Pattaya as well as Angeles City. The gorging of delicious food starts at 5:00 PM on Friday October 18, 2013 and ends around 9:00 PM.

The buffet itself is only 395 Baht or 295 per child and that includes a free frozen margarita or local drink of your choice. 

The Friday October 18, 2013 buffet includes:

Our Famous Bar-B-Q Pork Ribs

Blackened Chicken

Build your Own Taco and Fajita Bar

Taquitos

Burritos

Mexican Refried Beans

Mexican Rice

Potato Salad

Cole Slaw

Mixed Green Salad

Assorted Fruits

All your favorite fixings

Hope to see you all there this coming Friday. 

Here's the October 2013 Pattaya buffet promo:

Freaky-Friday-Pattaya-October-2013web.jpg

If you are not in town this month but are planning a trip to Pattaya in the near future, here's are schedule for the next 6 months or always check out website at http://www.tequilareefpattaya.com for other special events including our famous All You Can Eat Turkey and Ham traditional American buffets for Thanksgiving and Christmas coming in the next couple months.

pattaya-buffet-schedule-2013-2014.jpg

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

The text says 365 baht, while the banners say 395 baht.

Doubtless a good deal for those who eat  a lot!

Buffet starting today at 5:00 PM guys look forward to seeing some of you there. Cheers!

Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

• 4 weeks later...

Guys in the interest of not spamming the board I've made this thread the official Tequila Reef monthly Freaky Friday buffet thread. As a reminder, this month's buffet is this Friday, November 15th starting at 5:00 PM. Here are some photos from last month's feast (Sorry a couple of them are crap):

20131018_165323.jpg

20131018_165335.jpg

20131018_165345.jpg

20131018_165355.jpg

20131018_165404.jpg

20131018_165414.jpg

20131018_165425.jpg

20131018_165434.jpg

20131018_165533.jpg

Also don't forget about our All American traditional Thanksgiving turkey buffet coming up on November 28th, 2013. More details on that can be found on our website here - http://www.tequilareefpattaya.com/promotions.html

20131018_165323.jpg

20131018_165335.jpg

20131018_165345.jpg

20131018_165355.jpg

20131018_165404.jpg

20131018_165414.jpg

20131018_165425.jpg

20131018_165434.jpg

20131018_165533.jpg

Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road

This is excellent value for money, I went to the last one.  Very good!  Is Blue label a local drink? lol

This is excellent value for money, I went to the last one.  Very good!  Is Blue label a local drink? lol

You would ask that question. For you Blue Label is quadruple the normal price

Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road

Been a while since I was in TR. Food looks good, see you Friday.

See you there your buying !

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

Thanks guys buffet starts in an hour and a half. See you there!

Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road

Well, I hate to make negative posts, but I feel that relating Pattaya experiences -- good, bad or indifferent -- is what the board is here for.

I swore off Tequila Reef years ago. I loved the place when I first moved here. Ate there a lot. Then the quality of the grub started taking major hits in the downward direction.

I saw this thread and thought to myself the following: "There is a lot of effort going into promoting this buffet, so it will surely be well supervised and executed. I see one good review in this thread. Yes, only one, but it's a good one. It starts at 5pm and the GF works 9 to 5, so we will get there about 5:15 and the food will be fresh and hot."

Man, was I wrong. I waited for the GF's Thai food to show up at the table, so I guess I went in to hit the buffet about 5:25.

Things like the chimichangas were already very long in the tooth (old and soggy). Everything was cold. The quesadillas, although cold, were very tasty. I bet if they were made fresh, they would be awesome.

The ribs were cold and a tad chewy, but otherwise tasty. Again, if made fresh they would probably be very good.

I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

It's the same old Pattaya song: Concept versus execution. Great concept, horrible execution.

I have just saved you 395 baht.

I think I was sitting behind you.

Only thing I enjoyed was the Margareta.

Last visit on a normal night I raved about an excellent meal.

But last night same as you for barely warm soggy food

Papadoc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

When I was at home I was in a better place.

Alas, we travellers must be content.

When I was at home, I was in a better place.

Alas, we travelers must be content

I have just saved you 395 baht.

Damnit, and I was so looking forward to it.

I can get good Mexican food around home, so I can give it a miss.

up to you

Thanks for the info guys, the pictures made it tempting looking but 10 strikes are you're really out. I've had so many bad experiences there over the years I just give up.

I would think a Fajita bar would be the way to go. As long as the meat is hot, the tortillas are warm, and there's plenty of sour cream and other condiments, no problems.

up to you

Gentleman, first of all I would like to thank all you guys for attending as we really had a packed house last night. Secondly and most importantly, we appreciate all feedback good bad or indifferent. Those of you who know me personally can vouch for my fair, friendly and professional nature.

I am not interested in making any excuses for the obviously cold or barely warm items some of you have seemed to experience but only making solutions to these apparent problems. We started this buffet concept in Angeles City 3 years ago in August 2011 and it has been very successful. With that said, we decided to do it in both of our locations this year as we've had many guys ask the question, "Why aren't you doing this in Pattaya?" This is only the second time we've done this particular buffet spread in Pattaya so possibly this might have a slight bearing on the issues stated above but again, this is not an excuse for cold barely warm offerings.

With that said, I will be making some personal adjustments to ensure better quality control for future Mexican buffets. We do a lot of catering for these specific items and to be honest, we've never received complaints along these lines until now. I'm thinking we did not have the right amount of heat set for the chaffing dishes to ensure the food was properly heated. I personally was there last night observing things and spoke with several people who seemed very happy with the price, presentation and quality of the food. I wish I would have spoken with you guys and fixed the problem on the spot as I really care about customer satisfaction above anything. 

I truly appreciate the fact you gentleman took the time to bring this to my attention as without this knowledge I cannot fix the problem. Expect personal private message expressing my deepest apologies. Thanks so much for your honest reviews. 

Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road

I would think a Fajita bar would be the way to go. As long as the meat is hot, the tortillas are warm, and there's plenty of sour cream and other condiments, no problems.

That's actually a really good idea and the easiest for a Thai staff to execute. Keep it simple.

1. Fajitas.

2. Soft shell tacos.

3. Ribs.

4. Mexican rice.

5. My potato salad (not Tequila Reef's, which is terrible.)

Awesome and well worth 395 baht for all you can eat.

I have been involved in commercial kitchen design for close to 15 years. The sterno/chaffing dishes are barely passable for catering but inadequate for a restaurant buffet. You really would benefit from using a steam table style unit (and they even come with sneeze guards). As mentioned above, offer a few less dishes but excel at the ones that are offered

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys buffet this Friday December 13, 2013 at Tequila Reef on Soi 7 just 60 meters off Beach Road. We have been doing buffets for many years going back to our Bourbon Street in Bangkok days back in the 1980s and 1990s so I believe we know a little bit about making them successful, with that said adjustments have been made. All your comments are greatly appreciated.

Here's the promo for this month's pig pig out:

Freaky-Friday-Pattaya-December-2013.jpg

Not to be forgotten is our annual All You Can Eat American Style Christmas Turkey buffet with all the trimmings. More information on that can be found here:

http://www.tequilareefpattaya.com/promotions.html

Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road

• 1 month later...

Hello guys buffet this Friday January 17, 2014 at Tequila Reef on Soi 7 just 60 meters off Beach Road. Last month's turnout was amazing with no complaints as we made a few adjustments. Again thanks for your comments. Here's the promo for this Friday's buffet:

Freaky-Friday-Pattaya-January-2014.jpg

Also do not forget our annual Super Bowl Breakfast buffet on Monday morning February 2, 2014 with doors opening at 5 AM. For complete details, please check out our website here - http://www.tequilareefpattaya.com/promotions.html

Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road

• 2 weeks later...

I eat at the Tequila Reef in Angeles City all the time and the food is very good.  

When I was in Pattaya last year, the best Mexican food was at Tequila Reef.  

I felt the food quality was much better in Pattaya vs AC. 

Better check that date for the Super Bowl thing. February 2 is a Sunday.

I'm pretty sure he means Monday morning, February 3.

Better check that date for the Super Bowl thing. February 2 is a Sunday.

I'm pretty sure he means Monday morning, February 3.

The Super Bowl 2014 can be watched in Pattaya at Tequila Reef with doors opening at 5:00 AM on Feb 3 along with some pools to make the game more interesting. Check here for details - http://www.tequilareefpattaya.com/promotions.html

Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road

• 4 weeks later...

:Clap1:I like Tequila Reef, but not much competition for Mexican food in Pattaya. Mikes is good too. But both need to work on salsa. Need better tasting, spicy, hot salsa.

They have good salsa at the lower restaurant at Centara Grand Mirage Resort. Also would recommend the chicken quesadilla's there. Quite good and come with decent hot salsa, avocado sauce, sour cream, and jalapeno peppers. Taco's pretty good too, but they put the meat on the top instead of the bottom, so it falls out, like the lettuce should do. 

Archived