IGNORED

The Patcharat Hotel - Soi Buakhao - 500 baht - Review

up2u2

The Patcharat hotel

Soi Buakhao Intersection of Soi LK Metro

Area.jpg

Girl friendly, ID check (if staff at reception)

Room B4

Cost: 500 Baht per night

Total: 2000 Baht (4 Nights)

Deposit: 500 baht key deposit on arrival

Check in: Saturday 31st August 2013

Check out: Wednesday 4th September 2013

Total Stay: 4 Nights

Booking: Walk in

Website: Not known (Do not confuse with Patcharat Resort Pattaya)

Email: [email protected] (?not sure site does not open?)

Phone: 038 425 093

Features:

Basic room with free WiFi (fast reliable connection), ensuite shower / bathroom. Aircon, small fridge, wardrobe, small computer / makeup unit, NO room safe but safety box in reception area to lock valuables away, No cable

Fantastic location right smack bang in the middle of Pattaya opposite Soi LK Metro on Soi Buakhao. Directly across from Sugar Sugar Ago Go and The Funhouse Ago Go (formerly Club Blu Ago Go). So in easy walking distance you have Soi Chaiyapoon, Soi Honey, Soi Lenkee, Soi Dianna and Soi LK Metro. Easy baht bus all the way to Walking Street. Getting back is a slight hassle. Baht Bus up Second Road get off at Mikes Mall and walk up Soi Dianna to Soi Buakhao.

Details:

It was the best of times it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness. Well not really, I have just always wanted to start a review that way.

It was quite by chance that I stumbled upon The Patcharat hotel. I was wandering about Soi Dianna and saw “Room 650Baht” as I walked in to check it out I glimpsed some signage “Sawasdee Pattaya Hotel” Well I took off like a startled Brush Turkey towards Soi Buakhao.  Memories of my stay at Sawasdee Siam shithole on Soi Buakhao still haunt me.

Other than ‘walk in’ it is a little difficult to book a room as I can’t find an online presence and I am not even sure the email address functions as the site doesn’t load. At 500 baht per night for a standard room including WiFi it suited me perfectly. No Cable channels, No in room safe but you can put your valuables in quite a large locker in the reception area.

Easy walk to Family Mart and 7-11 on the corner of Soi Dianna and Witherspoons Bar is just a few doors down from Soi Chaiyapoon for all the Live Sport you want to watch. Plenty of Laundries on Soi Chaiyapoon.

It is Thai run so don’t expect 5 star service. No ‘joiner fee’ and BG ID check if someone is on the front desk.

Some may be aware that crooked things drive me nuts. I may be borderline OCD. Pretty well straight away I felt something wasn’t quite right about the room. It was about an hour into my stay when it became patently obvious what was generating my unease.

I give you exhibit A:

IMG_7528.jpg

Somchai has had a crack at ‘home handyman’.  Lord Buddha give me strength. Nothing unusual about a Towel Rack screws being ripped from the wall. Easy fix, remove rack locate wall studs and refit.  Somchai has just bent one side of the rack down half an inch and rammed some self tapers in not even bothering to fill and paint over the original damaged holes. Fairdinkum!

Wrap up

If ‘location’ is important then Patcharat hotel is right in the centre without all the noise. Rooms can be way off Soi Buakhao. I wouldn’t break a leg to book but it is a nice to have it up your sleeve if you need a place to stay. It was clean tidy and daily room service. If something I really liked wasn’t available I would definitely check in again.

IMG_7345.jpg

IMG_7346.jpg

IMG_7347.jpg

IMG_7348.jpg

IMG_7349.jpg

IMG_7350.jpg

IMG_7351.jpg

IMG_7367.jpg

IMG_7352.jpg

IMG_7353.jpg

What on earth is this ?

IMG_7354.jpg

IMG_7368.jpg

IMG_7361.jpg

IMG_7524.jpg

What the!!!! Who is she and where are her shorts>? Crikey. Oh hold on I remember. Sorry about that.

IMG_7355.jpg

IMG_7357.jpg

IMG_7358.jpg

IMG_7356.jpg

IMG_7359.jpg

IMG_7360.jpg

IMG_7362.jpg

IMG_7363.jpg

Room B4 looks out over a small Courtyard

IMG_7375.jpg

Security lockers near Reception

IMG_7547.jpg

IMG_7555.jpg

This Money Exchange near the entrance had pretty good rates.

Thanks for presenations , Will recommend to mates who are looking for cheap hotel. I am sure they would be happy to book em. Good locations in the middle of everywhere.

Plenty of photos too which is always good,gives you a general feel to the place.

Nice very complete review.   Basic room but clean is the number 1 check for me.  nice to have a backup like this if you need it or want to just do a stop off when not wanting to take her home...

well done

cheers

bert

Pattaya's dead.  You read it here1st.

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

I really appreciate it.

Patcharat hotel is really a 'walk in' situation as it doesn't seem to have a Web presence that I can find.

The business card has a website www.patcharat-resort-pattaya.com but it doesn't seem to be online.

As the email address is linked to the website I expect that will not work either.

The property has a second wing past the courtyard so I assume it has a ton of rooms.

The forward rooms overlooking Soi Buakhao may be a little noisy as basically you are looking straight down on the Sugar Sugar Ago Go girls cleavage across the road.

At 500 baht I think it is a good backup hotel.

Got a room in soi lengkee for same price, big room had balcony, guest house had bar & plenty of ladies a very good time was had by all

Got a room in soi lengkee for same price, big room had balcony, guest house had bar & plenty of ladies a very good time was had by all

Don't hide your light under a bushel rug.

Name website photos please

thanks for the review -how many rooms do they have in the establishment and how was the bed .(not your bedmate -she looks nice) .lol..it is definitely the most important item in any room booked in pattaya..j

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

Hi JABL

At a guess I would say 20+ rooms because it goes right back off the street and you walk through that courtyard to more rooms.

Good point about the bed mate. I should rate the bed firmness. I will put it on my list.

Bed rating: Soft - Firm - Thai rock hard

I would rate the bed Firm.

The BG was Ta from Dicks Bar. In the Beer Bar Complex on Soi Dianna next to Papayagogo.

Sorry guys I just scrounge around the Beer Bars, no 10/10 Hi So stuck up Go Go girls for me. Ta was fun. Played games with her for about ten minutes and then it struck me she hadn't said a word, not a sound so "Khun Tchu Arai" and straight away she indicated she was deaf and mute. BF'nd her in one nano second. Terrific night with her.

Thanks for the question on bed hardness. Will have to remember to add that info because there really is big contrasts in bed firmness in Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got the current number of this place? I'm using the one provided and it's invalid. Thanks 

Lee

Hi Lee

Off their business card

038 425093

038 427306

May have to get someone to drop in if those don't work lol

The forward rooms overlooking Soi Buakhao may be a little noisy as basically you are looking straight down on the Sugar Sugar Ago Go girls cleavage across the road.

I've read this several times and I still can't find a down side to that.

Thx for taking the time for posting the review

I have walked past this guesthouse hundreds of times over the last few years

Never taking any notice as you do

The rooms look pretty good value and very clean

Good to know if I am looking for a cheap clean room

++ great location

Does sound like a good back up........taking into consideration the high peak season which I suppose is from 15th DEC to 15th Jan which coincides with my travel dates.

I hate my boss. DAMN !

Archived