IGNORED

Can you recommend..

dawsonuk

Hi Everybody

As the title suggests, I live in central Pattaya and have seen many Korean Restaurants - but I have never tried any of them or heard anybody talking about them.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Dawson

Beware the MonoBrow

• 3 weeks later...

I, too was looking for some decent korean restaurants. There are a couple near Carrefour on Pattaya Klang (towards Foodland), one on soi 5 + beach rd (called Full House, i think) , few near sabailand, and one on Pattaya Nua , right next to Fairtex. Ive only gone to the one next to fairtex and it was pretty good.. Couldnt say it was outstanding but it was good enough...good service too.

Im sure there are more out there but had trouble finding them myself and not many of the locals knew about them.

Must try the Korean BBQ pork (bul-go-gi)

• 4 weeks later...

I highly recommend han-woo-ro restaurant. Its in the dragon complex next to Soi Six. Between beach and 2nd road. Best Korean food in Patts IMO.

large sig = small penis

Hi Everybody

As the title suggests, I live in central Pattaya and have seen many Korean Restaurants - but I have never tried any of them or heard anybody talking about them.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Dawson

a girl took me and a friend to a thai bbq place right above soi 2- walk up soi 2 toward 2nd road, cross 2nd road and go up maybe 300 ft. its on the right.

dont think it was koren, but same same with the bbq on the table. some really damn good food. 100 baht a person, for f's sake. (thats amazing!)

I had some really good korean food................in korea!!! :P

"This little incident on the aeroplane throws into relief my single status, that at times leaves a gloomy space of frigid loneliness and a craving for intimacy, a hollow within that echoes a quiet desperation when in the silence of those cold grey London nights and which I felt all the more keenly in some of those moments in LOS when a lack of true intimacy is apparent in the financially fuelled sexual congresses of the P4P scene. However, these are only in moments of weakness and self pity and would not impel me to find sustenance in a need fulfilling relationship ……….Hell!!! If I were to be given a choice, I’ll take the often pseudo short-term romance of the P4P scene over the risk of the insidious death of marriage"

-Alleycat

MySpace Countdown Clocks

• 2 weeks later...

This is from the Fairtex place...

Eaten there twice... would go again...

281881-206.jpg

... and

Tried another place...

Koreana on Soi 1

It was servicing a couple of Korean tour buses... so how bad could it be???

Pretty good too...

281881-207.jpg

281881-208.jpg

281881-209.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I like a good Korean meal from time to time too.

Some good looking food in the pics in the above.

But I don't see any soju. Do these places have it? Is it outrageously priced?

Edited by jasonbalmer

I've been eating at Korean places since 1996. Used to be only about 4 but as all things, the number increased with the number of tours. Have lived in Korea twice and speak a fair amount, what's my definition of a good place??

They have the sit down style tables, it shows a traditional style and with Koreans eating (at least dinner)it isn't a quick affair. Lot's of side dishes, kimchi which is fresh, not sour. Charcoal grills are better than gas for your khalbi. Soju-the liquor, should be chilled and if only one choice, not just Jinro. Chamisol or Green are way smoother. Pajun, the Korean pancake should have some sea food in it. The Sang gyupsal shouldn't be just bacon. The soups should be boiling when they bring them out or cook them in front of you. Goju-jan, the hot bean paste, should be out. Fresh large leaf lettuce for "creating" your sandwich of meat, rice, condiments. At the end of the meal, a spicy cold tea, or fresh cold fruit. Why all the cold stuff?? Because good Korean tends to be a bit spicy.

And attentive KOREAN staff. Maybe not the actual wait staff but at least the receptionist/owner.

In Bangkok they have a entire plaza, Soi 15 and some very good places. Alot of famous Koreans eat there.

Pattaya, I've eaten at everyone of the places posted above. My current favorite is on second road in the complex the disco Thin is in. The Soi just past Soi 6 and all the ST bars, on the right. Already posted Han wo. The owner was the number one female bowler in Korea. Her husband isn't in Pattaya and she runs the place. Her niece, is attending one of the Int'l schools and speaks good english. Two floors, tables below, traditional seating with charcoal upstairs. This is the place I turned on many Thai ladies to the pleasures of Korean food and soju. My current lady now asks for Korean immediately when I vacation. It is so much better than only eating Thai. It also by the way led to her trying other food and she actually now likes Mexican and Western. The Korean was the step towards trying new stuff. She flew into Pusan once and we only ate Thai twice in 4 days. And no Somtam!!! Yes, it's possible. If they turn up their noses, order a soup with lots of seafood and they usually like that.

There is also a new one behind the new Hollywood disco, behind Big C which is part of a hotel. Forgot the name. The second road up from the disco, the left which cuts to 3rd road by Pattaya Sports Club and the driving range, instead of the dangerous intersection. It was pretty good. Out door style seating next to a swimming pool. Jomtien has a few on the left about 100 meters up after you turn past the Police box corner. The soi has shops and a couple places to eat if you are over there and too lazy to go to Pattaya.

Only thing I haven't found is kae goggi. In Korean it is very expensive, the meat is usually boiled first, then cut into thin slices like sashimi and placed on a pile of chives which are steamed. Eaten especially on the longest day of summer with the thought it promotes sweating = cooling. Later there is a delicious soup and if you are the guest of honor, you get the testicles and other parts. :D

I've had it in Bantan, near Nawa up in the Sakhon Nakorn area, but the meat isn't very good and just BBQ'd.

Hope that helps, nothing better than eating with friends and sharing some soju together.

BJ

Edited by bjsanook

TG took me to Han wo once, the food was great. Most important of all, I'm now hungry after seeing the pics of all the Korean food pics above.

Only thing I haven't found is kae goggi. In Korean it is very expensive, the meat is usually boiled first, then cut into thin slices like sashimi and placed on a pile of chives which are steamed. Eaten especially on the longest day of summer with the thought it promotes sweating = cooling. Later there is a delicious soup and if you are the guest of honor, you get the testicles and other parts. :D

hi, thanks for your good report about korean restaurants... do you know what KAE GOGGI is??? its dog-meat, expensive in korea... i wonder, that they dont offer it in thailand, as thai people also eat fried insects or even cockroaches. Dogs are enough in the streets, but also healthy???

Entrox,

Yes, I know exactly what it is. I meant I have not been able to find a Korean place in Thailand specializing in dog meat. Snakes, yes, dog no. In Korea as stated it is very expensive and not a common outing. I've had it roughly a half a dozen times, mainly in mid summer when it's hot. Beside it's supposed cooling ability it is also thought to promote virility and push the male children thing. Ha!! The Asians think everything will make their dicks work better!

I've eaten it at a house twice in a small village north of Sakhon Nakorn where it is popular. I think the whole amount was less than 300 baht worth of meat. The meal in Korea was 200,000 won, roughly $200.00 US at the time.

If you are up in north Isaan ask the girl to try some. Then tell them that if the moon is big that night you might have to do a little howling and she'll have to provide a certain style of love making for you, they think this is hilarious!!

BJ

Edited by bjsanook

• 2 months later...
a girl took me and a friend to a thai bbq place right above soi 2- walk up soi 2 toward 2nd road, cross 2nd road and go up maybe 300 ft. its on the right.

dont think it was koren, but same same with the bbq on the table. some really damn good food. 100 baht a person, for f's sake. (thats amazing!)

These are great meals to share. We eat this often back in the U.K.

I willtry to find this one, sure there must be many as they are a popular type of venue all over Thailand.

KOREAN, meatballs are the dogs bollocks :P