IGNORED

Patong beach any advice.

Crocket

Hi

Staying a few nights in Patong Beach, before coming up to Pats.

Any advice on Bars, Gogos, Mongering, is it all on Bangla Rd, is it's with the effort, or do I save the coin for Pats.

20 sleeps to go.

The most of the action is on Bangla , pretty easy to navigate , most popular is Tiger.

Some of the Bars along Bangla , like Kangaroo , P-One , Moon etc can be fun

Soi Seadragon are where the GoGos are , beware of touts trying taking you to some of them , Suzy Wongs and Devils Playground are tout free , but they are nothing on the Pattaya GoGos.

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Patong sucks. I used to like it and go all the time. Gone downhill hugely since the tsunami, but you've got to see for yourself. You can get a hotel in Koh Chang or Samui on the sand for 1/2 the price of one in the hills a mile away in Patong. The rest of the island is OK though. You might want to rent a bike an investigate it. The tuk tuk drivers are assholes & want 100B every 100m.

Sounds like it's going to be a quite few days, be well ready for pats

Ta

Sounds like it's going to be a quite few days, be well ready for pats

Ta

I doubt you'll find it quiet ... Plenty to keep you occupied , loads of great trips to do in the daytime as well

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Patong is good, but nowhere near as good as pattaya. there a couple of week ago myself. hollywood is the club all the girls go to, loads of young girls looking to be took home, lots of freelancers on the street aswell if you dont fancy going clubbing it.

loads of good bars, but i would say it is about 20% higher prices compared to pattaya. 

you will have a great time

I do both most trips as i like both places. A few days in Patong is all you will need. A tour or something in the day is good as the bar action is pretty much a night time affair. Loads of massage shops there if you like that. There is loads more to do non mongering wise but the mongering has less options and is a tad more expensive. You can still get some hot Fluff in Patong though so you will be fine.

This is in the wrong section though.

Sorry wrong section I know. Admin can you move.

Patong sucks. I used to like it and go all the time. Gone downhill hugely since the tsunami, but you've got to see for yourself. You can get a hotel in Koh Chang or Samui on the sand for 1/2 the price of one in the hills a mile away in Patong. The rest of the island is OK though. You might want to rent a bike an investigate it. The tuk tuk drivers are assholes & want 100B every 100m.

:Agree1: Couldnt have said it better!

Everyone has the right to my opinion

Agreed that tuk tuk prices are out of control there but Patong is great. Yes girl and drink prices are higher but Phuket is more naturally attractive than Pattaya. Pattaya doesn't anything like the sorts of trips that can be done in Phuket.

Patong beach itself is not nice to get into but find to chill out on a sun lounger. There are plenty of other beaches nearby that are better though. Paradise beach, laem sing, Karon, kata ect

If you are looking for a happy massage try soi Kepsap it not full on as soi 6 but the girls still drag you in almost all the girls offer a happy ending a few hundred baht more than Soi 6.

At night time I usually go to the One Bar nice hot staff dont ask for drinks but I usually buy a few because their not asking can be barfined but I havent done so yet.  After 12.30 its a good time to leave and go to the Tiger club it make Insomnia look hard to pick up. Just sit at at table and all the girls come to you I had to excuse myself and say I am going to the toilet just to get away sometimes. Dont know if if picks up after the gogos or bars close as I haven't lasted more than a hour there before taking someone home.

Patong is what you make of it I think... Patong beach, does truly suck, but there is some lovely eye candy to be had there... and some bloody horrors as well...  As someone said earlier in the thread, try some of the other beaches, they are truly very very nice....

Patong, itself, isn't anything special...  It is a typical tourist town, with all that entails.  But you can have a blast there.... Sure, it is a bit more pricey than BKK or Pattaya, but it has a pretty decent vibe in my view.

Most of the nite life is centred around Bangla.. so it is pretty easy to get around.... and find what you are looking for.  The bars on Bangla itself, are generally pretty big and rowdy places, but are fun... great for people watching.

Soi Sea dragon is the place for go go's.... they are ok.... and as stillearly said, BEWARE OF THE TOUTS.  A simple no, will see them off.. don't engage them more than that (unless of course you want to), because you will get stung unmercifully if a tout takes you to a joint...

If you are wandering around through the day, and some hot Brit bird (usually) starts a convo with you... IGNORE HER... she will more than likely be trying to sell you time share.

The tuk tuks ARE pricey..... easy solution... don't use them....  either walk or grab a moto bike guy.... Patong itsef isn't big, so walking isn't a problem....  Or ideally, have  a TG with a bike.

Getting from the airport is a taxi job, or you may have organised transfer with your hotel....  They have recently raised the fares for the meter taxi guys, and it is running somewhere near 700 baht these days. A limo will be about 800 -1000, depends on your haggling skills.  To get back to the airport, you will need your hotel, or girl, or yourself to organise a car to take you back... the meter guys cannot pick up in Patong.

Be careful with LD's in Patong, they can quickly get away from you (I know 555), and they are not cheap.

I reckon you can have a great time in Patong, at the moment it is going thru a fair bit of reconstruction, and it will be very interesting to see what the end result is.. at the moment, I still love the place

Thank fellas only 7 sleeps, Bangkok, Patong, Krabi, then it's blow out in Pats.

Some great tips, cheers.

Crocket

Theres also a shuttle bus from the airport for under 200 baht that drops you off at your  hotel. It may take a extra 20-30 minutes longer then a direct taxis depend if you are first off or not saves about 500 baht. It just depends how fast you want to get to the hotel.

As people have said before there are nice beachs Kata and Karon but the tuk tuk drivers charging up to 400 baht to take you there is a little hard to take when its well over 5 time cheaper in BKK.

Is the 20B bus Patong -phuket town< >karon still running?

Is the 20B bus patong -phuket town< >karon still running?

It was last time I when to Karon beach about 18 months ago takes a long time over a hour maybe see a little of Phuket town (nothing special) before transfer to Karon.

I didnt feel like catching it back so got a tuk tuk managed negotiate a 300 baht return but would only go to the outskirts of town my hotel was that side so it didnt matter.

Well arrived in Patong been here 2 nights. Compared to Pattaya it's not even on the the score card.

The Bangla Rd area is a concrete Jungle with massive plastic tigers everywhere, so many new bars being built all looking the same.

There is just not the same atmosphere in the bars and gogos, some of the gogos in the new Soi off Bangla are depressing the girls dancing like zombies, don't get me wrong a few are, well can I say entertaining. NEVER ever I have I watched fish, buggies, and a fucking big frog come out a of a girls pussy all still living.

Drinks in the gogos ( singha tiger chang etc ) vary 150 - 300 been asked for 500 a bottle just walked out.

Barfines in gogos around 800 -1000 and for a non looker 2500 - 3000 short time.

Getting around is daylight robbery, no baht buses, robbing tuk tuk drivers will not turn on the motor for less than 200 even for a short trip down the sea front 200, a full run down Beach Rd Is 20 bht and 3 times as long.

You need plenty of cash here

Soon be in Pats, people complain but it's got a lot going for it, for me it rocks.

Told ya. Patong sucks ! I love all the families checking out the hookers, punters, & ladyboys on Bangla (like it's fucking Disneyland). Hard to walk 2 blocks without bitch slapping an Indian tailor. The miserable cocksucking tuk tuk extortionists. Check out Railay Beach in Krabi. If you're staying in Ao Nang take a longtail around the point. Also there's some beer bars in Ao Nang where the main drag does a hard L. They're in an alley on the R near Ao Nang Villa.

cheers wacky it's still better than work at home, will really appreciate PATTAYA with all it's faults. yes check out Aonang bar keep all informed....

I am currently in Patong myself the cost of happy massage seems to have gone up wanting 1000 baht just for bj but I had chosen the hottest ones.

Both had side jobs where they get that kind of money one dancer and the other in a soapy didn't feel like negotiating I just went for in for massage.  

Been to the Tiger Club so far and had a few 1000 baht long times about too try my luck somewhere else maybe Hollywood.

• 3 weeks later...

When in Patong be sure to check out Tai Pan nightclub at the foot of Bangla Road. Electronic dance music, coyotes on stage and tons of freelancers. When the other bars close at 3 AM, bar staff head over to Tai Pan for drinks, dancing and maybe a late night encounter with a tipsy guy. Drinks are a little pricey and some of the dancers push hard for LD but they will take no for an answer. 

Archived