Welkom Inn.jpg

Girl Friendly - ID Check – 24hr Security guy

Room 5

Cost: 700 Baht (+FREE Wi-Fi)

Total: 2800 Baht

Check In:  Tuesday 27th August 2013

Check Out: Saturday 31st August 2013

Total Stay: 4 Nights

Booking:  [email protected] (Contact Daniel)

Deposit: No booking deposit required but must confirm booking via email one Month before and one week before to keep your booking locked in. 500 baht Key deposit required on arrival.

Features:

Medium sized room, filtered Aircon (excellent cooling), ensuite shower and bathroom, stocked mini bar fridge, free WiFi included (fast & reliable connection0, newer style in room safe, Older style tube TV (cable channels Fox News, BBC News, Aust TV, Sport, Aljazeera  etc), no lift (not required), Restaurant, ST Bar attached, Beer Bar Complex right next door, soap, daily room service early afternoon.

Although located in North Pattaya Soi 3 it has a ST Beer Bar attached and a Beer Bar complex right next door full of BG’s and Drinking Street Beer Bar complex on Second road is a short walk. Getting to WS, LK Metro or Soi 6 precincts is easy as catching a Baht Bus to and from.

Details:

This was the first time I hooked up with a sidekick, BM’er cc7up was staying here so I thought why not meet up and check out The Welkom Inn. Great decision it was good to have someone to chat to and hang out with. Booking was easy simply email Daniel your dates and he will get you sorted. I stayed in a standard room and it was absolutely fine. There is a Restaurant with excellent food and service. Also your own slice of Soi 6 paradise conveniently attached. Alex from the Rockhouse Soi LK Metro tells me it is referred to as ‘The Belgium Consulate’. If you’re just dropping in for a ST your 300 Baht BF includes a ST room at the Welkom Inn. Also if you find something you like at the Beer Bar Complex right next door you can book a ST Room at the Welkom Inn for 300 baht. Absolutely BRILLIANT!

The room was comfortable and the room safe was perfect as it fitted my small Note Book in easily. I do like this style of Aircon too because it filters the air.

Tumble out of your room for a nice breakfast at the Restaurant with cooling fans and a shady canopy of trees and leafy vines or sit at the Bar area and have a coffee or drink and a chat with the staff

The Staff are quite unique. We needed another coffee and the girls were huddled together having a chat and something to eat and we called out and were told to ‘wait minute’. Very funny. Good for them I thought. The funniest thing ever one of the girls asked me ‘what you do now’ I said ‘I think I go Bar get girl’. ‘Why you do!’ she snaps at me. ‘Because girl tell me I young handsome man and sexy and want Boom Boom me’. Well the girls all rolled their eyes and shook their head in disapproval but this one thought she could take no more. ‘Okay you not young you old, you not handsome you ugly and you not sexy and BG not want Boom Boom you, want you money and you, pointing to cc7up, you talk too mutt!!!!!’  Well laugh, I near fell off my chair. Even the guy sitting having breakfast some distance away was laughing. I asked her ‘I think you my ex wife’. Absolutely hilarious.

Definitely no sign of Somchai. I think Daniel may have spotted him on site and chased him down Beach Road yelling "Sacrebleu and don't come back MOFO!!!!!"

Also the cutest little Squirrels (Golok) come wandering around the canopy. If you leave a little fruit out for them they will come down and have a feed. You have to be patient though and they are pretty sneaky. Chat away and don’t pay attention and the little buggers will nick the fruit before you spot them.

IMG_7339.jpg

Big Bushy tale and little whiskers

Wrap Up:

I would book early and lock in your room with Daniel. It really is a relaxed oasis in Pattaya with the Restaurant, Bar, ST Bar and Beer Bar complex at your doorstep. Well thought out and it all comes together really well. It wasn’t a big deal getting to and from Drinking Street, Soi 6, LK Metro or WS precincts. The WiFi was fast and a reliable connection, food and staff were great , Would I book again. YES!! And have locked in a week next March.

IMG_7259.jpg

IMG_7260.jpg

IMG_7261.jpg

IMG_7262.jpg

IMG_7263.jpg

New style digital room safe and fits my small NoteBook

IMG_7264.jpg

Aircon has filter system so eliminates smoke smell

IMG_7265.jpg

IMG_7267.jpg

IMG_7268.jpg

IMG_7275.jpg

IMG_7274.jpg

IMG_7269.jpg

IMG_7270.jpg

IMG_7271.jpg

IMG_7272.jpg

IMG_7273.jpg

IMG_7325.jpg

'The Belgium Consulate' ST Beer Bar

IMG_7326.jpg

IMG_7327.jpg

Undercover restaurant area

IMG_7328.jpg

IMG_7329.jpg

IMG_7330.jpg

IMG_7333.jpg

IMG_7336.jpg

IMG_7340.jpg

IMG_7343.jpg

IMG_7548.jpg

Parking for Motor Scooter

IMG_7549.jpg

Just next door is the large Beer Bar Complex for some night time entertainment

IMG_7276.jpg

Great tasty breakfast and fast service

Nice review outdoor areas look good. Are the short-time rooms the same as the ones for nightly stays?

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

Thanks Baldman

The covered and outdoor eating areas are perfect to have a meal or a drink. Very relaxing.

I didn't use the ST rooms but my understanding is they are just small basic rooms set aside for ST's only.

You can book the rooms off the street if you want just 300 baht at reception or if you BF one of the girls from the 'Consulate' the room is included in the BF.

Nice review outdoor areas look good. Are the short-time rooms the same as the ones for nightly stays?

no,the st room are smaller and without fridge and TV..btw who need tv in a st room?

had breakfast many time till last year,add some carbo and protein before giving it to Ning ass.

no,the st room are smaller and without fridge and TV..btw who need tv in a st room?

had breakfast many time till last year,add some carbo and protein before giving it to Ning ass.

lmao stefano a little to much detail there mate. Poor Ning

How much time do you get for the 300B ST. Room?

How long do you need satyr? lol

A couple of hotties in the Consulate and some absolute cuties in the Beer Bar Complex next door so I don't think you will need to long.

• 2 weeks later...

Daniel will actually answer your emails :Clap1: unlike some places, it is a nice and friendly place, quiet also.

If you prefer something a little more home like as apposed to the high rise condo nonsense, you'll be very happy here, I do miss the pool but in a pinch you can go across the street and use the one at Sabai Lodge.

They often have waitresses looking for husbands, :Hug1:I know 2 that are now married.

You may have a good point there Socal.

Daniel is very efficient on the emails. He is also French so can communicate in French as well.

That is probably why I like it because it is just so comfortable and peaceful and the staff don't give you that phony hotel service stuff. Down to Earth and real.

Good tip on the Pool at Sabai Lodge. Thanks

Another great review!

I've been there for the first time some 20 years ago, it was another owner then and i could be wrong but we always called it 'In De Welkom'. Last time we paid it a visit too, ate in the restaurant and visited the beerbar after. Should stay there sometime, nice rooms.

Great review m8....thxs for sharing  :Grin3:

Daniel is very efficient on the emails. He is also French so can communicate in French as well.

He is a french speaking belgian, not that important of course.

Great review!

I've visited the bar but not the rooms there. 

If they had a pool then I would consider staying there in the future. 

Is there a 7/11 or a Family mart on that street?

I always seem to be doing a late night visit to these places  so it would be convenient to have one close. 

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

He is a french speaking belgian, not that important of course.

Thanks TinTin I assumed he was French my mistake thanks for the correction.

So would Daniel be the 'Consul-General of the Belgium Consulate Soi 3 Pattaya'? lol

Great review!

I've visited the bar but not the rooms there. 

If they had a pool then I would consider staying there in the future. 

Is there a 7/11 or a Family mart on that street?

I always seem to be doing a late night visit to these places  so it would be convenient to have one close. 

Hi 999 there is a 7-11 marked on the Map towards Second Road. Socal suggested you can use the Pool in Sabai Lodge right opposite.

I would often pay the higher rate for a hotel with a Pool and never use it so I kind of crossed a Pool off my list of musts.

Great review mate.Spot on.

Also,

There is a pharmacy just around the corner at the top of Soi 3 after the 7-11 and to the right on 2nd Road.

At the bottom end of Soi 3 around the corner to the left on Beach Road is a money exchange

The 'Welkom Inn' is about half way between Beach Road and 2nd Road

on Soi 3.

• 10 months later...

This a good place for food. I have never had a bad meal there; and the staff are always polite and helpful. I stayed there for a week in March 2010, and found the rooms to be clean and functional. But as usual the drinks and snacks in the mini-bar are over-priced. When I removed all the drinks from the fridge and replaced them with my own purchased at the nearest 7-11, the maid took all my own bottles out the next day and put the hotel drinks back in!

One tip: if you have a room there you can avoid the 300 baht ST fee by just giving any girl you fancy your room number. Then leave the bar and wait for her to follow you up and knock on your door 5 minutes later. I don't suppose the management approve of this tactic, but as the girls are all freelancers they are free to come and go as they like.

Of course if you don't like playing 'home games' then the ST rooms are functional and clean.

• 4 weeks later...

Do they charge for the second joiner(2girls) in the loom?

i love pattaya

Great report and pics!

Stayed there my first three trips and really enjoyed the relaxed vibe.  Food OK and a very pleasant place to eat.

Back then they had a pool and some poolside rooms and you could also exit via Soi 2 which was convenient since some empty baht busses turn on Soi 2 instead of going all the way down to Dolphin Roundabout.  

If you can still cut through to Soi 2 then paying to use the Sabai Lodge's pool is a good option.

There are/were two rooms with a balcony and one of them has an excellent view of the courtyard.

From the pics, it looks like some remodeling was done and adding inroom safes is a good idea as back in the day I had to use the hotel safe.

Belgian Embassy is an interesting place, much larger than a Soi 6 bar, open from around noon to 8, though things might have changed.

Ladyboy Review Forum http://www.ladyboyreview.com

Still don't get the answer?

My information is VERY old, as I haven't stayed there since 2003.   At that time there was no ID check and no joiner fee for multiple girls. 

Ladyboy Review Forum http://www.ladyboyreview.com

• 2 months later...

Thanks to the OP for the review, and other reviews he's done.

Looking at the website, prices here are about the same as at the Sabai Lodge. If you wanted to stay in this part of town, any reason to choose here instead of Sabai Lodge?

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Archived