IGNORED

Having To Scroll Some Post Horizontally

john2028

Sometimes when viewing a PA post I find I have to scroll the page horizontally. Is this due to the settings the BM sender is using? It even happens browsing the web on occasions. I always ensure I view at 100%.

Cheers.

John

Sometimes when viewing a PA post I find I have to scroll the page horizontally. Is this due to the settings the BM sender is using? It even happens browsing the web on occasions. I always ensure I view at 100%.

Cheers.

John

Can you post a link to an example entry where you have to scroll? Also, what browser & size are you reading on? 

Can you post a link to an example entry where you have to scroll? Also, what browser & size are you reading on? 

I am using IE10, and as mentioned, I am reading at 100%

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/170049-past-pattaya-tourist-guide-1982/#entry2352969

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/169534-freds-fascinating-adventure-2013/page-5#entry2353007

I will be interested to know is these links behave the same on your PC.

It only crops up infrequently so I do not suspect my browser,

Cheers

John

I am using IE10, and as mentioned, I am reading at 100%

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/170049-past-pattaya-tourist-guide-1982/#entry2352969

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/169534-freds-fascinating-adventure-2013/page-5#entry2353007

I will be interested to know is these links behave the same on your PC.

It only crops up infrequently so I do not suspect my browser

No, it's on my IE install also (I'm still using IE9, but just to check my programming). 

But it only happens with IE - no problems with Google Chrome, Apple Safari or Firefox. Basically, IE isn't following industry standards when rendering the image - it's supposed to be 100% the width of the box it's contained in but the box is collapsing in IE so the Image can't tell how wide the box should be, so instead it's showing itself at the full size. 

If you're using IE10, you're probably tired of hearing this already but consider Chrome or Firefox - modern, standards compliant browsers - Chrome is famously faster and doesn't leak memory and crash/seize like Firefox does. Plus everything just looks right in it. 

fBinj20.jpg

(width edited as you'll still see a superwide image - doh)

Which of course leads to this...

uHAe9ic.jpg

Hi Woofiee. Thanks for your always expert advice. I will probably give Chrome a try. Pity about IE10 as I am familiar with it, and a bit long in the tooth to learn a new browser. If I do switch to Chrome, would I have to re-install my numerous bookmarks, or is this done automatically?

Could I revert back to IE10, if I don't get on with Chrome, or possibly have both installed, side by side?

The screen shot of the correctly formatted page looks great, by the way.

Once again many thanks.

Cheers

John

• 1 month later...

@Woofiee

Hi there.

I finally got around to downloading  Google Chrome, yesterday, and it is working perfectly.  No more need to scroll horizontally etc.  It also cured some other problems that  I had, on the Web,  since recently upgrading to IE11.

Thank you once again for your usual expert help.

Cheers.

John

@Woofiee

Hi there.

I finally got around to downloading  Google Chrome, yesterday, and it is working perfectly.  No more need to scroll horizontally etc.  It also cured some other problems that  I had, on the Web,  since recently upgrading to IE11.

Thank you once again for your usual expert help.

Cheers.

John

No worries, John. Computers are like the new religion - too many people rely on the gods for divine help. I like playing the atheist, running around with help and facts, reminding them that God is Dead. It's my thing here.  ;) 

Archived