Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Simons Fish Bar Jom Tien

penconfellang

Main Road in from Pattaya side just after the sharp right hand bend if your going in , or just beofre the left hand bend if your exiting Jomtien back to Pattaya - you can't miss it.

• 1 year later...

After posting a report a while back regarding the level of service at Simon's Fish & Chips in Jomtien,.....I am now very happy to report of the very good, efficient, and pleasant service my friend and I had there just a week ago.

A few months ago I had vowed not to patronize the place because of the poor service...in spite of the fact that I LOVED their Fish & Chips. This time my friend came into town and wanted me to join him there for dinner.

I reluctantly agreed, and I was elated to find that the service was excellent.

So, I now HIGHLY recommend this establishment for Fish & Chips. The Cod is excellent! It's among the best I'VE ever eaten.

I've been told there are other good dishes also, but as yet I haven't tried them. Perhaps I will.

Take a baht bus over into Jomtien, and as you pass the 'Manuman' statue and make a sharp turn to the right, look at the businesses on the right-hand side of the street, and you will see the Simon's Fish & Chips sign. Enjoy !

sorry , have to disagree was nowhere like best in town

Is the cod fresh or frozen? :D

H.

"I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one." Jay Z, 99 Problems, The Black Album

sorry , have to disagree was nowhere like best in town

Uh,....Ok,..so,....in your(humble?)opinion..just where IS 'the best place in town'...blueboy0510 ???

Uh,....Ok,..so,....in your(humble?)opinion..just where IS 'the best place in town'...blueboy0510 ???

Here we go again - that's always the question.

Simon's, for all the criticism and flack he gets, can still provide the best English Style Fish & Chips in Pattaya/Jomtien, but sometimes he doesn't. It's always OK, generally good and sometimes excellent. At 315 baht for the large cod loin, including mushy peas it's too expensive for many, but when it's excellent it's good value.

If you start yet another debate on which is the best then you have to take into account fish species. If Dory and other local fish qualifies as "English Style" then OK but you have to make an allowance re price. If not, then most of the others are ruled out. Then there's mushy peas, which not all of them do.

A lot of people like Neeroy's at 99/124 baht. It can be variable but it's good value.

The Bowling Green is quite good.

Pig & Whistle used to be good but last time I went they're doing something odd with the batter - like maybe pre-cooking and then re-battering and cooking like some vans used to do in UK. Anyway it's like concrete and not much fish inside but a big meal.

Sea Side Soi 7 is good but salad instead of mushy peas

etc etc etc

The link above is very old "news", but I believe it is still up for sale.

Edited by mickba

• 4 weeks later...

There’s a place overlooking soi Bukow market ,the market that sells clothes . Thinks its called butsys very nice fish and chips mushy peas or normal ,I always get gravy with it thinks that’s free , I think about 150 baht nice fish not cod but local sea fish really nice and big , large Leo about 55 baht . Best one iv had for the money ! good place to people watch too...(mainly bar girls looking for clothes he he he !!)

I have always found the fish and chips at Simons to be at worst "quite OK", most of the time to be extremely good, and at best to be exceptional.

The English chips bring back comfort food from my childhood and that makes them extra special.

I find the LOCAL fish to be far superior to the "Icelandic Cod". I suspect that this is to do with the long freezing of fish from Iceland as opposed to little to no freezing of local fish makes the big difference.

On the pricing front, I suspect that keeping the cooking oil in top condition is a costly exercise, and I certainly commend them on that - I have NEVER had a meal where the oil was even remotely in need of changing.

The customer interaction is not the best - BUT - it is inline with what you expect from many local establishments. Never been bad enough to negatively influence my dining experience.

I see the place is up for sale, and I hope the new owner can keep up the same standard - particularly on the chips.

Imagine if the new owner could cook Fish and Chips as well the current one AND had interpersonal skills - this would be a killer business.

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.

I have always found the fish and chips at Simons to be at worst "quite OK", most of the time to be extremely good, and at best to be exceptional.

The English chips bring back comfort food from my childhood and that makes them extra special.

I find the LOCAL fish to be far superior to the "Icelandic Cod". I suspect that this is to do with the long freezing of fish from Iceland as opposed to little to no freezing of local fish makes the big difference.

On the pricing front, I suspect that keeping the cooking oil in top condition is a costly exercise, and I certainly commend them on that - I have NEVER had a meal where the oil was even remotely in need of changing.

The customer interaction is not the best - BUT - it is inline with what you expect from many local establishments. Never been bad enough to negatively influence my dining experience.

I see the place is up for sale, and I hope the new owner can keep up the same standard - particularly on the chips.

Imagine if the new owner could cook Fish and Chips as well the current one AND had interpersonal skills - this would be a killer business.

Where did you see iy up for sale? any idea how much it's going for?

Where did you see iy up for sale? any idea how much it's going for?

If your siting in the front area (smoking section I guess) and looking out onto the road , there is a sign on the outermost column to your left.

No idea of the price.

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.