IGNORED

best carrier for smartphone

poco loco

Know. there are several carriers in Thailand.who has the best service ie.no dropped calls and data speeds.Also what should I expect to pay for moderate phone and data usage.   many thanks

Always liked TrueMove - I tend to get unlimited internet for a period, a goodly number of SMSs and very little more. 

ive always had DTAC

internet is ok..lots of people recomend true move

can you move to true move and keep the same number?

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

• 2 weeks later...

My short experience with Thai phones and data.

I started with Dtac and as I make monthly short visits I chose a 200baht plan and it worked fine with my old blackberry (used as my traveling phone) and the speed and connection is OK. An additional note on Dtac if you pay 50 baht you can keep the number for one year instead of topping up each month. The other thing with Dtac is the queue at the airport; I went to the office in South Pattaya "Big C" Sukhumvit Road between South Pattaya Road and Thep Prasit and they were very helpful.

As my company phone is an iPhone and my company mail is on it and therefore a SIM (small type) problem I bought an AIS POCKET WIFI AIS 21.6 MBPS 1,499baht at Tesco Lotus; top up at the airport (less queuing for AIS) for 7 days 120baht and you have your own hotspot to use internet and data on your own phone (you can 5 users). So now I only use my blackberry as a local phone.

Hope this info helps.

Guys, is there a Dtac centre which sells the sim cards and various packages in Pattaya? If so, where? Thanks.

Archived