IGNORED

Jomtien Dreaming...

33 Cannon

I love Pattaya but sometimes I like to get away from the madness in the daytime and relax a little.This was always easy in Bangkok as you can walk 5 minutes from Soi Nana and be walking around people who have never even heard of NEP real fast.Pattaya is so crazy this can be a challenge.Jomtien is the answer.Last trip I spent a couple of different days down there.Got there at 10 a.m. and didn't head back into Pattaya proper until about 7 p.m. What fun and what RELAXATION.Walk the beach.Sit on the beach.Eat a leisurely meal.More lounging on the beach.I walked all 9 miles of the beach and then back.Caught a killer foot massage on a quiet Soi 7.I would really appreciate any anecdotes about chilling out in Jomtien........any out of the way places of interests or restaurants especially.

I'VE BEEN TO THE FUCKING MOUNTAINTOP !!! :Party3:

Heaps of ex-pats live in Jomtien for reasons you mention (Pattaya in the daytime is a hassle and Jomtien is pleasant).  For quiet night out at a bar or restaurant, playing pool or listen to a band its got plenty of those too.  The a few nights a week pop over the hill for the madness of Pattaya that we all love - its defo the way to go for me.

always stay in jomtien,chill out on the beach ,cheap bars in soi 7 ,and the market,get a baht bus 10bht later on or a moto taxi if busy 50 bht Walking Street,lk metro 70ish

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Jomtien, is good, no presser there,if you want to quite day, Pattaya is for playing ha.

I think there is a big Norwegian restaurant on Thappraya Road.It's on the right side as you walk toward the beach.Anyone tried it?

I like to stay in Jomtien.

No hectic and more calm than Pattaya. Good to relax, and cheaper. Lots of (new) condos.

And not really far to go to the melting points in Pattaya!

:24:

I live in Jomtien and really I would like to keep Jomtien a secret. It is provides me with the opportunity to manage my relationship with Pattaya. on my terms.  Not great place for the two week millionaires but great for longer term visits.  

I live in Jomtien and really I would like to keep Jomtien a secret. It is provides me with the opportunity to manage my relationship with Pattaya. on my terms.  Not great place for the two week millionaires but great for longer term visits.  

No....it's a great place for the two week millionaires.

yep, good place to relax a bit if you have been hitting it hard for the last week or two in pattaya. Besides if you miss Pattaya it is only a 20baht bus ride.

• 2 weeks later...

I moved to Jomtien for the slower pace from Pattaya. You can even walk from Patts back home if you are not too pi**ed.

• 1 month later...

jomtien are the best place for relax and good food and marked too better beach pattaya are for nighttime fun

jomtien hafe good cheap condo and apartment

Some great restaurants in Jomtien, Akvavit Beach Rd. Cafe Ritz Jomtien Complex Maggs Restaurant Threpasit Rd L,Arc Jomtien Complex Brunos Thrappaya Rd, to name just a few of many

Some great restaurants in Jomtien, Akvavit Beach Rd. Cafe Ritz Jomtien Complex Maggs Restaurant Threpasit Rd L,Arc Jomtien Complex Brunos Thrappaya Rd, to name just a few of many

that is true very good but not cheap restaurant

but jomtien hafe it all so just injoy your stay in jomtien

I think I have written enough about Jomtien. Its fucked, don't go there please, stay on Beach Road Pattaya.

Thats right , Jomtien looks alot the way Pattaya looked in the early 2000's 

All it needs is a good supply of freelancers along the beach..

why jomtien so fucked i stay jomtien long time it is the best place in pattaya when you want relax

beach mush more clean and not so busy with bad thaiboys and sex and drugs ok i know when sun go down there come out but daytime it is the best please to relax

sorry jomtien are not like pattaya

mush better if you dont only come for drinking and sex

why jomtien so fucked i stay jomtien long time it is the best place in pattaya when you want relax

beach mush more clean and not so busy with bad thaiboys and sex and drugs ok i know when sun go down there come out but daytime it is the best please to relax

sorry jomtien are not like pattaya

mush better if you dont only come for drinking and sex

sshhhhhh!  Jomtien is "fucked"  best nobody think of going there. Stay on LK Metro, Pattaya Beach Road, Soi Buakhao, Soi anywhere....

I wish I could remember the name of the Italian restaurant on Beach Road in Jomtien.  I eat there almost every day when I am in town.  I love the madness of Pattaya but Jomtien is where I spend most of my time when in town.

• 4 weeks later...

Have stayed both in Central Pattaya and in Jomtien. Jomtien wins hands down anytime for a relaxed way of living. There are loads of girls available if you Desire. Good selection of bars and restaurants. Also, as already mentioned you can jump on a baht bus and go into Pattaya for a mad night out. So to me we have the best of both worlds.

• 1 month later...

Its the best of both worlds. Better beach and peace. But just over the hill from the madness. I love it here

Have stayed both in Central Pattaya and in Jomtien. Jomtien wins hands down anytime for a relaxed way of living. There are loads of girls available if you desire. Good selection of bars and restaurants. Also, as already mentioned you can jump on a baht bus and go into Pattaya for a mad night out. So to me we have the best of both worlds.

Where might one find these loads of girls in jomtien?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

There are probably a few hundred in the enormous beer bar complex.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Opposite the top of Sois 5 and 7 in Jomtien. Rhompoo bar complex.  I think also the bars on the main road into Jomtien such as Country Road and others are worth a look.

I still prefer bars/gogos/clubs in Pattaya. Jomtien is my chill out zone.

Archived