IGNORED

reviews needed of a few airlines please

bigbill340

Hi all,

Pretty much as above, I would like to know what you thought of China southern, Oman air, KLM, Qatar and Air India when you traveled and a score out of five stars.

Thanks ahead of time

Bill

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would give Qatar 4 stars...up there with etihad

Never been with the others but have only ever heard horror stories about transiting through any Indian airports so it would be a definite No on any Indian airlines

Qatar are pretty good in economy and often voted best in the world up front. Klm are a damned sight better than they were a few years ago and a great plus is Schiphol is a top airport to transit through. Oman are an airline I here good things about if the connections are good. China Southern are, IMHO, only worth fly with is they are super cheap or you have a burning Desire to transit a Chinese airport.

Qatar 4

KLM 3

Air India a 4 and well deserved. Totally unwarranted reputation in my opinion

Oman 4

Not been on the other

I only flew with KLM and evaluation is somewhere between 3 and 4 stars.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

have flown long haul on all of those mention apart from KLM:

China Southern only once, but it was OK, not bad but not great, though no issues I can remember.: 3.5

Oman and Qatar both very good, comfortable, and they are conscious about customer care: 4.5

Air India maybe have a bad rep but from my experience it is deserved. I had a bad experience with them and after being convinced I was just unlucky I flew with them again last year and was not impressed: 2

KLM I have only done short haul on but I'd expect them to give a decent flight long haul: 4

China southern, Oman air, KLM, Qatar and Air India

Not a fan of KLM, every time I rode with them the cabin was dusty and worn out, and I'm not sure I trust any airline with "China" in its name.  Can't comment on the others.

Just people doing business.  Naked.  With Buddha.

Buy imodium before you need imodium.

Thanks guys for some really good info!

I am still torn between splitting the journey up in to two flights or to just go direct?

I like the thought of being able to get out and have a smoke and walk around half(ish) way through the trip, yet I like the thought of just one flight and then in heaven!

All great info here though and be sure I will use it all in my choice!

Thanks again

Bill

Thanks guys for some really good info!

I am still torn between splitting the journey up in to two flights or to just go direct?

I like the thought of being able to get out and have a smoke and walk around half(ish) way through the trip, yet I like the thought of just one flight and then in heaven!

All great info here though and be sure I will use it all in my choice!

Thanks again

Bill

Always take the direct flight if you can.  Even if you split the flight, having a smoke may not be possible.  Think -- if your connection is in another country and the airport doesn't have smoking rooms, you'll have to clear customs just to go outside.  Grab some nicotine gum if you need your fix.

Just people doing business.  Naked.  With Buddha.

Buy imodium before you need imodium.

Hi all,

Pretty much as above, I would like to know what you thought of China southern, Oman air, KLM, Qatar and Air India when you traveled and a score out of five stars.

Thanks ahead of time

Bill

I will pay you not to travel with Air India - they are total cunts and the only solution to Delhi airport is a fucking big fire.......

I will pay you not to travel with Air India - they are total cunts and the only solution to Delhi airport is a fucking big fire.......

I have already ruled them out due to you mentioning before about the level of their service, also a friend has gone and said it was his worst ever flight by a long way!

Thank you for your advice though my friend!

Bill

Always take the direct flight if you can.  Even if you split the flight, having a smoke may not be possible.  Think -- if your connection is in another country and the airport doesn't have smoking rooms, you'll have to clear customs just to go outside.  Grab some nicotine gum if you need your fix.

I would make sure that any country I went through had a smoking room at the airport my friend!

It would also be nice to get out and stretch my legs too!

Bill

Hi Bill, if you book early enough direct flights with either Thai or Eva Airways are only around £50 more and this is the reason i always fly direct.  :GoldenSmile1:  What i would add is to help you through the flight is to pop a sleeping tablet as soon as you sit in your seat as i usually wake up about 1 hour before i land and then ready to party. :hello09: Good luck in what you decide to do.  :Bye5:

Unless the new airport is built now I'd avoid Qatar because Doha airport is shite!  Shame because the airline and facilities/service are great.  My first choice is EVA but not mant cheap deals last few years.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Yeah, Qatar are nice enough in the air, but I would never willingly transit through Doha again unless I'm in business or higher. (You get rather a bit of priority that way.)

Even on the A380?

I was rating all in general.  To be honest I am not much into remembering the type of planes.  

I get on, get comfortable, get my dinner down, with a couple of glasses of wine (with a Tylenol PM) watch a movie, and pass out for 8 hours.   

I get on, get comfortable, get my dinner down, with a couple of glasses of wine (with a Tylenol PM) watch a movie, and pass out for 8 hours.

Ohhhhh how I envy you, you'll never know. I am very fussy when it comes to sleep. I sleep very well in my own bed (a very comfortable bed I might add), but not much else where.

"I get on, get comfortable, get my dinner down, with a couple of glasses of wine (with a Tylenol PM) watch a movie, and pass out for 8 hours."

You liver might thank you if you use a different medication than Tylenol, although I don't know what is the least dangerous medication to mix with alcohol these days. Acetaminophen containing pain killers aren't worth the risk IMO when there are alternatives...but you know best. Enjoy your trips.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tylenol+with+alcohol&oq=Tylenol+with&aqs=chrome.5.69i57j0l5.6729j0&sourceid=chrome&espvd=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

http://www.scu.edu/wellness/topics/alcohol/mixingalcohol.cfm

I really do not know best.  I just know it works for me.  I only take this combo 4 times a year.  I was told to try Melatonin and did, but it doesn't seem to put me in a deep sleep like Tylenol PM. 

Sorry buddy but thats utterly ridiculous and blatantly untrue. New Delhi has an Airport that puts Swampy to shame in just about everything. I will acknowledge that security is tight but I'm all for that.

Have done AI 3 times Via Delhi and fine throughout

I hope this might help some other BMs along the way, but this morning I booked a flight on Qatar after a good review on here and on the web. I think it is the best of both worlds for me as the stopover time is quite short and it was still over £100 cheaper than a direct(not that that had a lot of influence on my choice, but it is a bonus)

I will try and remember to update this on what they were like to fly with?

Bill

Sorry buddy but thats utterly ridiculous and blatantly untrue. New Delhi has an Airport that puts Swampy to shame in just about everything. I will acknowledge that security is tight but I'm all for that.

You must love pointless queues, bullshit bureaucracy and airports that don't take Western credit cards.

I'd rather dine on a plate of tramps shit that fly IA again........

You must love pointless queues, bullshit bureaucracy and airports that don't take Western credit cards.

I'd rather dine on a plate of tramps shit that fly IA again........

Saw a couple posts:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/151986-ba-out-of-lhr-to-bkk-dont-what-a-shit-airline/#entry2173633

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/151416-flights-from-lhr-to-bkk-feedback-from-bms-please/#entry2167884

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/137829-mumbaido-not-venture/page-2#entry2145755

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/137829-mumbaido-not-venture/page-2#entry2143035

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/137861-advice-for-15hr-stop-over-in-dubai/#entry2050374

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/131642-sods-law-and-flights/#entry1988822

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/107114-what-is-the-most-annoying-things-to-you-that-other-travellers-do/page-4#entry1792935

Archived