IGNORED

Happy Inn - Bangkok - 600 Bt - Review

up2u2

Happy Inn

Soi 4 Bangkok

1.jpg

Only noticed this when I did the Map. If you slip down Soi 6 it is a quicker route to Nana BTS. Must remember that next visit.

Room 404

Cost: 600 Baht per night (Actual 590 baht per night)

Total:  1200 Baht (Actual 1180)

Check in: Monday 25th September 2013

Check out: Wednesday 27th September 2013

Total: 2 Nights

Booking Via Email: [email protected] (Contact: Naree)

Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/%E0%B9%87Happy-Inn-Sukhumvit-Soi4-Room-for-rent/350136835064277

Deposit: Nil

Joiner Fee: Nil

BG ID Check: Yes

Features:

Lift, good Aircon, Older style TV, ensuite bathroom / shower, open clothes wardrobe, small bar fridge, soap, ashtray. Handy Family Mart and 7-11 across the Soi. Ground floor is an Internet Shop and Check In desk.

No jug, coffee, tea, WiFi, Cable TV, only one power point.

Details:

Booking was an easy process via Emails which were returned with confirmation in a timely manner. No deposit was required. On arriving I couldn’t help but notice the room was SMALL and I mean SMALL. I was thinking to lie down and stretch out I would have to open the window and dangle my feet out. Swing a cat? Not bloody likely, you’d kill the poor thing.

The good thing is you cannot wake up and get out the wrong side of the bed. Well you could but you’d hit your head on the wall.

It did cross my mind that in some poorer Countries ten people would live in this room and with a functioning ensuite they would consider themselves wealthy. It also crossed my mind with all those people in one room how on Earth do you get a shag! Bloody kids everywhere, her parents and grandparents it’s got me beat.

I went into a panic when I realised there was no WiFi. I have to be connected at all times in case a friend emails me..................well actually, to be honest I don’t have any friends but what if someone decided to be my friend and emailed me and I was not connected for 3 days. Fortunately I had my Mobile WiFi Dongle handy so plugged it in. To answer your question, no ‘friend’ emails yet but I’m not dead yet so it’s all good.

I did notice the sheets were badly worn but business is about cutting overheads so I expect they are going to use those sheets till one day they put them in the washing machine to find when they open it the sheets have dissolved. The important thing is they are clean and fresh. Although one night I did have a fight with the sheet when I got my toe stuck in a hole.   Bloody hell I nearly did an anterior cruciate ligament trying to get my damn toe out.

I am borderline OCD and crooked things can potentially set off an episode but everything seemed straight in the room and surrounding environs. However!!

I give you Exhibit A and B

IMG_6961.jpg

IMG_6959.jpg

Notice anything?

Correct, you’re in Room 404 but have to press Floor 5 in the lift.

Bloody Somchai’s had a crack at installing lifts. Lord Buddha give me strength. Seriously the building only has four floors so it is not as if you have to take your sandals off to count past 10. So you get in the lift, room 404, you press 4 OH SHIT!!!! no no no five! five! OH BUGGER too late. No offense Somchai but your an idiot.

Wrap up:

Happy Inn was just that. The staff were great, easy booking process. No joiner fee and BG ID check in place which is good especially if you are using free lancers. The room was small but adequate for me and the fact is location, location right on Soi 4 a short saunter to Nana Plaza and I did have some company one night and she couldn’t care less about the room. If WiFi is important you will need to bring your own or the ground floor is an Internet shop so you can check in online there if you like. A great little hotel if you’re just in BKK for a few nights of fun. Would I book in at Happy Inn? Sure I would.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Only one power point but you don't really need to plug the TV in.

20.jpg

I may have broken Rule 4. There may have been a little 'disorderly conduct' on night one.

21.jpg

The Check In desk is way up the end of the Internet area. The 'Happy New Year' banner is a nice touch I thought.

22.jpg

I always stay at the Swann inn2, opposite side a little bit further down the road, it's good to learn about an alternative.

I'm a fan of your contributions Up2u2, they are well written and documented and somehow they always seem of interest to me.

thx and keep on the good work

cheers,

Andy

Great room report !!

For a night or 2 perfect.

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

Great informative and detailed review up2u2 as usual

Not bad for the price, good location

BTW : no bugs???

Thanks all for the generous feedback guys.

Swan Inn 2 sounds ideal andy. I am sure I saw it in my travels because i remember the name 'Swan Inn' is a fun name for a hotel.

I am going to research a bit further with Guest House / Basic hotels on Soi 4.

For guys just up for a quick visit from Patts or guys who have slipped the leash I think they are ideal accommodation places.

First time a picked up a Freelancer. She was very nice. The thing that freaks me out about picking up freelancers on Soi 4 is there is so many LB's and a lot of them are absolutely gorgeous and it makes it hard to pick them.

Great reporting Up2u. Just one thing, I'm trying to convince myself your not a time traveller. I refer to your check-in, check-out dates. I sense a certain freelancer will be experiencing unexplained vaginal sensations this coming Wed. night hahahaha.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Great reporting Up2u. Just one thing, I'm trying to convince myself your not a time traveller. I refer to your check-in, check-out dates. I sense a certain freelancer will be experiencing unexplained vaginal sensations this coming Wed. night hahahaha.

Hi Steve

Thanks mate. Your right I stuffed up the check in / out dates.

Should be August not September.

• 1 month later...

outstanding report..I think I may check this place out. I saw it on my last trip. good location and seems not too horrible! Spend little money in Bnagkok and get better value for good hotel in other place!

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

I just sent a request to book room 404! See what happens! Any safe in the office or anything?

Hi 'sexy baldman'

Sorry about the dates in this report. I was a little focused on my 2013 trip and put incorrect check in / out dates.

I am sure they have security boxes in the Foyer. I was travelling really light so just kept things securely in my bag locked up. Of course with FL always take your wallet too the shower with you.

Have a good trip mate

I just checked my Foyer photo.

Looks like safety boxes in the Foyer with double key entry locks

HappyInnSafes.jpg

hey yeah lockers...cool...will bring my padlock. I am planning to be there 24 and 25 November...after that i will post some updated pics of the room {assuming I get that one]...could be a cool thread to have many people who stayed in the same room. ha ha especially if it went on for years! Room 404!

cheap Charlie place , ok for one night if passing through  

No problem butler I will keep my cheap charlie hotel / Guest House reviews to myself in future

Good report as usual but for such a small room and no Wifi etc makes me think many rooms around this price in Pattaya are a very good deal as most are much bigger, free wifi, better location, etc etc etc.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Good review as always, location is great but I'm not tempted at all to stay here :).

I stayed at Omni Tower in Jan 2013 on the same road, was pretty good

I am looking forward to my stay..I like these small local places...I have a good vibe from my correspondence with themand I walked past this place last time ....I am checking in at midnight so I hate to spend to much.,,,might top off my experience with a Nana car park take away  ......lets see if I am so positive after my stay!

I appreciate the report, but that is one shit looking room! 

bed, fridge, ac, tv, good location...ticks all my boxes. In Philippines most places had window style a/c ...i'm lucky to have low standards, perhaps! I only plan to stay 2 nights... I have stayed in some really nice places for 500 baht...like in Chiand Rai

Respect to you! I wouldn't stay in such a room even I would get paid for it. Location is great but the hotel itself looks horrible to me, sorry.

Cheap and cheerful.

I still wonder the logic of staying somewhere bottom level cheap when for not much more you can get some really nice places.

That's the good thing about Bangkok - all accommodation is great value compared to other large cities.

bed, fridge, ac, tv, good location...ticks all my boxes. In Philippines most places had window style a/c ...i'm lucky to have low standards, perhaps! I only plan to stay 2 nights... I have stayed in some really nice places for 500 baht...like in Chiand Rai

''Sexybaldman'' it's a great little room as long as your legs aren't too long. lmao

The only prob with the FL's is there are so many LB's.

• 1 year later...

Archived