IGNORED

Displays fonts in threads have gone bold

Mr Reo

Don't know if anyone else is seeing this but the regular text font for display of text in all thread content seems to have gone to bold by default. I have tried on two separate computers with different browsers on each and they are exactly the same. There now seems to be no difference between bold and regular. I first noticed on my own TR where I use bold titles for chapters. At the moment all the text looks the same.

Am I alone or has something changed ?

You are certainly not alone, the same is happening in my laptop as well, in fact all the content headers have have gone bold.

................................................................................................................

I thought it was just me and was trying to work out what I had done....lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I like it , makes reading posts easier .

I like it , makes reading posts easier .

Me Too.

Strike another blow for the Seniors, or those visually challenged (read Blind Cnuts for the Politically ok).

You are not alone. Am I the only one who prefers it this way, it's easiest on the eyes for sure..

You are not alone. Am I the only one who prefers it this way, it's easiest on the eyes for sure..

NO! You are not the only one. My eyes are very pleased with it. Much more eays to read for me and my old worn out eyes :SoWhat1:

Everyone has the right to my opinion

I thought it was just me and was trying to work out what I had done....lol

So did I - untill i found this topic. If it has been don on purpose it is really a good improvement imho (but as a mod you should know about i shouldnt you Scumbag :GoldenSmile1: )

Everyone has the right to my opinion

Agree that it does make things easier to read but has unfortunately spoilt the presentation of my TR a little as the bold titles now look exactly the same as the text content....

I can get over this on the later posts by increasing font size or using caps for titles but the older posts are not editable now.

My suggestion would be to keep the bold text if people like it but to ensure that the bold button still does something to differentiate text when used.

Currently this is normal text

And this is bold text

Kev

Hi. I come in the "Board Forum/Issues" because of this font problem,

and find this topic. So :

- good point : it does not come from my computer

- bad point : more than 1 days and still not fixed

I hope it's just a mistake and it will be back to normal soon  :)

Very uncomfortable to read the forum in bold...

Does seem to be an 'issue' rather than an upgrade!

Interesting that people mainly seem to like it. Personally I like it on my tablet and phone, makes it easier to read but don't like it on the larger screened PC.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Interesting that people mainly seem to like it. Personally I like it on my tablet and phone, makes it easier to read but don't like it on the larger screened PC.

Agreed - I don't care for it, and I'm surprised people do. Interesting that in the editor, things return to normal weight: 

font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; color: #222; 

but go batshit-bold in the ".post-body" display portion of the page (inherited from strong.bbc, line 60) 

strong.bbc {
font-weight: bold !important;
}

!important is always a dangerous thing to use - I'd only put it in to fix the problem, then spend all my waking hours trying to find the main css problem so I can take it out again. It's the duct tape that holds up the bumper, !important is...

Perhaps if the default body font was a tiny bit larger - 15px instead of 14px, and if there was a more comfortable line-height like 1.35em, then it would be easier on the eyes and better on the screen. I think for tablet use I'd even boost it to 16px. 

Pepe it's perfect , keep it like this ...

I can get over this on the later posts by increasing font size or using caps for titles but the older posts are not editable now.

If you speak nicely to a mod they may give you VIP status for a few days which would allow you to go back and edit all the earlier posts, titles. I was once given this privilege to amend posts in my first TR,  Now i'm not one for mentioning names  but .....

(anagram)    -   seyves                               :Whistle:

Stevie

I was wondering why everybody was yelling at each other... :Think1:

THAT'S CAPITALS ;)

I prefer it as well :)

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Is this just chrome? My LG phone had a font and chrome issue a few weeks back as did all the LG phones. Wonder if this is a Chrome only problem. 

There is an unclosed <strong class="bbc"> tag before the "Manager Paul's Birthday Party..." link at the top and it's causing everything below it on the page to go bold.

Other ads in that section has a closing </strong> tag after them, so it's likely a minor code error.

(edited to add detail)

Just people doing business.  Naked.  With Buddha.

Buy imodium before you need imodium.

Is this just chrome? My LG phone had a font and chrome issue a few weeks back as did all the LG phones. Wonder if this is a Chrome only problem. 

I'm on Firefox so it's not a browser issue.

Archived