IGNORED

utapao taxi service

stefano77

Landing next week at Utapao. First time i use this airport and dont want to be cheated.

any information about taxi rate (we are 3 pax with light luggage) to central Pattaya?

Thank you in advance

Chers

you are far better booking a pattaya taxi on the net to be waiting for you.not a lot cheaper than bangkok airport expect to pay 800-1000b.

I don't believe it actually, as Banchang to Pattaya is at least 600b, and Kilosip (Utapao) is about halfway to Pattaya from Banchang.

up to you

In Jan 2013, I paid 900bt, from LK Metro, after my 1st two quotes were both 1000bt.  I was surprised at the cost, as it was only a 40min journey.

This info is from 2012, but the closest I found:

http://www.1stoppattaya.com/getting_here/airport

"the amount should be no more than 300 baht"

Good luck with that price.

Fares similar to the Bangkok airport run can be charged as there is much less chance of a return trip for the driver but you should be able to get a bit lower fare.

Pretty sure there is a mini bus service for maybe 250 baht but as there are three of you a taxi would be a better option.

Good price, if I'd had known it wasn't a cheap trip, I would have checked around 1st as well, rather than just asking on the morning I wanted a taxi   

• 1 month later...

Mr T will pick you up from the surface of the moon if you give him enough notice, i'd trust him to pick me up from anywhere, he has never let me down.

Taxi 101 if u ask me, rely on the trusted taxi's and Mr T is one of the trusted people with me.

I flew into Utapao last week. The taxis were asking 800B and the mini bus vans were asking 250B. These were the prices at the taxi stand.

I took the mini bus van at 250B, but since I was the only passenger I got a cheap taxi ride to my hotel

Who's flying into Utapao these days? Just charters for International and domestic to ... was it Samui and Phuket?

Sure I read about some flight to Siem Reap.

Archived