IGNORED

Page 10 Room Safe

sigram

Apologies if this has been covered before i have done a search but cant find anything specific. I am staying at Page 10 for my first visit and was wondering if anybody had experience on security here particularly the room safe.

By no stretch of the imagination am I a new traveler although new to patts and i would be taking standard security precautions i would take anywhere on the world but have read one or two horror stories recently about room safes.  Could anyone tell me for example is the safe size in Page 10 large enough for a laptop?

As always thanks in advance for any answers/comments guys.

Stayed here many times, safe is a bit smal, may fit a netbook. I leave my tablets and laptop out, touchwood never had any problems. In my experience a very safe hotel but I still use a milockie on the safe for passports etc, and lock away valuables in suitcases when I have company.

IF YOU STAND FOR NOTHING, YOU WILL FALL FOR ANYTHING

babydollsaddict.gif

Can't remember anything concerning about the in room safe and having stayed there several times before, never had any concerns with safety In general there. Having said that, you would be naive not to take the standard basic precautions like what you would do in any hotel

I could not fit my lap top in there but did not have any problems leaving it out

I was able to fit a 14 inch laptop in the room safe at Page 10. If you need the dimensions of the laptop PM me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I fit my Dell 15 inch laptop in the Page 10 room safe. You have to open the door fully and place it in at the right angle (that's what she said) and it will fit. 

babydollsaddict.gif

Stay there 1st last week . The security is great and the room safe is quite large as mention above.

Stay for 5 nites and have no prob. They almost call u to confirm the all clear b4 they return the lady's ID card.

Is great can't fault it.

My m8 has stayed there many times & has left his laptop on the desk in his room & had no problem.

One time he called me to meet him in his room before going out but reception stop me at the front desk & ask if i could wait for him downstairs....pretty good security IMO. 

I was able to fit a 14 inch laptop in the room safe at Page 10. If you need the dimensions of the laptop PM me

Thanks for the offer although i've decided i'm on holiday and not working so am going to leave the laptop at home and manage with the ipad to get any info while over there.

Just a footnote, so to speak, but make a photocopy of your passport I.D. page. Then put your wallet & passport in the safe when you head out. Only take the cash you'll need for the nights fun, and the photocopy with you. This advise was passed on to me a while ago, and has always worked for me. Enjoy yourself!

Stay there 1st last week . The security is great and the room safe is quite large as mention above.

Stay for 5 nites and have no prob. They almost call u to confirm the all clear b4 they return the lady's ID card.

Is great can't fault it.

How do they almost call you?

That is a way of saying they don't call you, isn't it?

I always bring my own safe

Weighs 75 kilos (full of money)

I glued on two straps

That way I check it in as hand luggage

Go on try it

Stayed here many times, safe is a bit smal, may fit a netbook. I leave my tablets and laptop out, touchwood never had any problems. In my experience a very safe hotel but I still use a milockie on the safe for passports etc, and lock away valuables in suitcases when I have company.

I'll second the milockie. Adds some security to room safes to protect from the "opportunist" thief which is pretty much all I care about. Get a decent padlock for it though.

How do they almost call you?

That is a way of saying they don't call you, isn't

He obviously just missed a word out i.e. "almost always call".

I'll second the milockie. Adds some security to room safes to protect from the "opportunist" thief which is pretty much all I care about. Get a decent padlock for it though.

A friend had one and I was a bit disappointed with the plastic casing. If you want a good sturdy lock (all steel) with something "extra", this is his lock (and now mine...): Kabrus Alarm Lock, with a built-in 110db alarm!  

516bHjclmJL._SY450_.jpg

Standard key lock, heavy-duty steel casing and loop - it gives you 7 seconds to insert key and turn, otherwise it squeals like a muther...enough to frighten away even the more adaptive of criminals. When on, batteries last about 6 months... I use it with my pacsafe bag (the loop is a tight fit but once the plastic gives it's easy) and keep it in the safe. They can try to get in, but then they can't take it. You can hear it down the hall IN the safe as well; it's that loud. 

Page 10 is definitely one of the better hotels regarding security I have stayed in around Patts. As previously mentioned they are very careful and diligent with who goes up to the room. I have also managed to fit a 14 inch laptop in the safe with passport and other valuables as well. Never had a concern with the cleaning staff there although standard precautions need to be taken.

S'n'D

A friend had one and I was a bit disappointed with the plastic casing. If you want a good sturdy lock (all steel) with something "extra", this is his lock (and now mine...): Kabrus Alarm Lock, with a built-in 110db alarm!  

516bHjclmJL._SY450_.jpg

Standard key lock, heavy-duty steel casing and loop - it gives you 7 seconds to insert key and turn, otherwise it squeals like a muther...enough to frighten away even the more adaptive of criminals. When on, batteries last about 6 months... I use it with my pacsafe bag (the loop is a tight fit but once the plastic gives it's easy) and keep it in the safe. They can try to get in, but then they can't take it. You can hear it down the hall IN the safe as well; it's that loud. 

Many thanks for pointing this out. Much appreciated.

Archived