Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

China visas for UK nationals living in Thailand

chris2004

I am considering a trip to China next year. I have a UK passport but live in Thailand permanently on a retired visa. Is is easy to get a visa to enter China? Can this be done on line or via the Chinese Embassy in Bangkok.

It shouldn't be a problem. I visited for 5 days in May from the USA without any issues.  Obtaining the Visa was painless but I used a service and mailed them my documents.  

Thanks for the information. I see you have to supply an airline ticket and hotel reservation BEFORE you can get the visa. I hope there are no visa problems otherwise you are stuck with a ticket/hotel you can't use.

When I applied they made it very clear to apply for Visa first, but just detail your plans of travel.  

For foreigner living in Thailand they ask proof of fund for living in Thailand (bank statement...)

And if you work : workpermit

For foreigner living in Thailand they ask proof of fund for living in Thailand (bank statement...)

And if you work : workpermit

Yes I think I remember something about that from my failed attempt at getting a business visa in Bangkok. I had a non-immigrant visa so it wasn't a problem. The OP is on a retirement visa so he should be OK on that front. I failed as they also require fight and hotel bookings. If you don't have them they will not give you a visa. If you go to apply go very early or expect a long wait.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

When I applied they made it very clear to apply for Visa first, but just detail your plans of travel.  

Different consulates have different requirements. As stated above they wouldn't give me a visa in Bangkok as I didn't have bookings. A couple of months later I got a double entry business visa in Kuala Lumpur without bookings. They would only have given me a single entry in Bangkok. I now have a Chinese residence visa (for work purposes) in my passport.... :GoldenSmile1:

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Just get a travel agent to arrange it for you..never a problem I've found.

• 1 month later...

It shouldn't be a problem. I visited for 5 days in May from the USA without any issues.  Obtaining the Visa was painless but I used a service and mailed them my documents.  

LA,

can you give me the name of the service you used?

back in 2006 in Dubai I got a tourist visa from the Chinese consulate without any issues, same day with some extra payment for the express service. I was not a resident of Dubai and was not asked for a confirmed ticket or hotel reservation.

http://migrationology.com/2011/07/how-to-get-a-china-visa-in-bangkok/

Best site I've seen - many up-to-date accounts by successful applicants and by those whose applications were rejected. 

It is a shame that the person who wrote the article has not updated it. As noted in the comments bookings for flights and hotel(s) need to be submitted with the application.

Archived