Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Inhaling Laughing Gas Balloons Could Be Fatal

Pattaya Daily News

b2.jpg
The widespread use of illegal balloons containing laughing gas among tourists at entertainment venues have become very popular especially in Pattaya , Phuket , Koh Samui and Khao San Road, Soi Nana. Local vendor selling these illegal balloons can be found everywhere .

Recently child and women welfare police officers arrested vendors selling laughing gas balloons in Walking Street in front of Tech Go Go pub. Sales person selling these were laughing and selling this and it has become a very popular attraction for local and foreign tourists.

People inhaling this gas will feel a little tipsy for about 5 minutes. This is like a drug because it is addictive and it has become very popular in Pattaya.

This became very popular at first in Koh Samui and Koh Pangan and slowly started to spread in Pattaya and tourist areas in Bangkok such as Soi Nana and Khaosarn Road. Vendors claim that anybody that inhaled this will feel a sense of high. These balloons have been bought by the Russian supplier, who supplies to these local vendors.

Leaflet in Russian language shown children inhaling this and feeling euphoric. The prices of these are sold at 120 baht, and on average these vendors are able to sell about 50 to 80 packets each day.

Mr.Montri laodi, a pharmacist at the Banglamung Hospital Chonburi, claims that nitrous oxide the gas used in the balloons are generally used in surgery and dentistry for its anesthetic and analgesic effects. Long-term effects of inhaling this gas could lead to dementia. In the past there has been a case where a man inhaled an overdose of this gas which resulted in a shock.

According to Medicine Act 2510, it states that nitrous oxide is a forbidden substance could not be sold or bought at any local shops or vendors. It needs to be authorized by doctor. Vendors who illegally sell these balloons would face upto 5 years jail and a fine of Bt10,000 as punishment.

Moreover, these balloon gas has been smuggled and has become very popular and sells at a very good price to tourist. However, the police are now arresting vendors selling these illegal laughing balloons which could be addictive and an alternate to drugs if left to be sold in public.

Advertise

Print This News Print This News

Type : Society
Photo : Internet

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article

I agree with the last couple of sentences.. The police are cracking down and arresting vendors and people on this now...big time. Becareful

I agree with the last couple of sentences.. The police are cracking down and arresting vendors and people on this now...big time. Becareful

And imagine what the Thais are cutting the gas with.

Farts perhaps?

I for one wouldn't inhale anything from a balloon on Walking Street.

But then,I don't "live on the edge dude".

And imagine what the Thais are cutting the gas with.

Farts perhaps?

I for one wouldn't inhale anything from a balloon on Walking Street.

But then,I don't "live on the edge dude".

I used to work in a speed shop year ago and we had one customer trying to do this shit.  Claimed his dads NOS system had a leak they were trying to find.  Came is a couple of times and bought just $10.00 worth more than once.  We told him we would only do a full fill on the bottle and that was that.  That story really has little to do with what I was going to say!! :Blah3: 

The problem with NOS is that there is Pharmaceutical grade NOS as you would find in the dentist office and then there is the 'industrial grade' which is much cheaper (and much easier to get) and may have some impurities in it.  That's what you sell for the hot rods and high performance industry.  Which do you think the Thai's are going to buy? Tourists are to trusting! (or just stupid!) :Think1:

Archived