IGNORED

Why is it so hard for Thai citizens to get a tourist Visa to U.S?

dynasty10

I don't get it, I'm willing to have several Thai girls come visit me but they all say "need visa for US, too hard." So I look up the criteria and unfortunately I come to the same conclusion, chances are extremely low for Thai citizens to obtain a tourist visa, see for yourself:

Unfortunately, it can be difficult for Thai citizens to successfully apply for tourist visas.  Tourist visa applicants will not receive a visa unless they can convince immigration officials that they will return to Thailand after their visit.  To convince the visa officer that you plan on returning to Thailand, you will need to produce evidence that you have strong economic and social ties in Thailand which suggest you will return.

To successfully apply for a B2 tourist visa you need to produce documentation that shows you have enough money to finance your trip and enough community ties in Thailand to suggest you are likely to return. There are no specific financial requirements. If you plan on spending three months in the US the visa officer will expect you to have saved more money than if you are only planning a three week trip.

Showing significant property in Thailand, such as deeds to land or a title to a car will help your application.  If you are enrolled in school or have a steady job this will also help.  If you are leaving your spouse or children behind in Thailand, this will also be good evidence that you will come back.  Remember to bring documentary evidence with you to your visa interview.

There is no specific formula that will make an application successful.  The decision on whether to deny  or grant your visa lies with the visa officer conducting your interview.  If he or she believes you, your visa will be granted.  If he or she thinks you are hiding something or lying, he or she can deny your application even if you produce lots of evidence. The first step in the B2 tourist visa application process is filling out Form I-160 online.  Be sure to write down your Application ID so you can continue your application if you are disconnected or need to take a break.

http://www.siam-legal.com/us-visa/us-tourist-visas-for-thai-citizens/

U.S. that terrified of Thai citizens never returning back, human trafficking, Thai immigrants, etc.? I believe that if the Thai citizen who intends to apply for a US Visa has a reputable and background clean sponsor/boyfriend/friend/etc that said Thai should be allowed to get a visa. What do you think PA? I love America but western women drive me insane and after my lease is up I'm down grading from my current condo and moving  into a cheaper place so I can go back to regular trips to Thailand.

Mr. International:

Trip report #1

Trip report #2

Trip report #3

img0547aa.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest, the requirements seem fair. They are based on a risk profile of that nationality, that is the evidence of past experience shows that that group is more likely to overstay or beach requirements like working when they shouldn't.

To be honest, the requirements seem fair. They are based on a risk profile of that nationality, that is the evidence of past experience shows that that group is more likely to overstay or beach requirements like working when they shouldn't.

+1 agree 100%

..........................Love your Thai neighbour..................................

...........If you been to Pattaya, you have visited Heaven .............

......................Mongering keeps the life in you.............................

Agreed on all accounts, it just seems unfair for us Thai lovers who live halfway across the planet from LOS.

Mr. International:

Trip report #1

Trip report #2

Trip report #3

img0547aa.jpg

Agreed on all accounts, it just seems unfair for us Thai lovers who live halfway across the planet from LOS.

I totally understand the frustration but the requirements are by no means insurmountable. I'll bet lots of US BMs have managed to get a girl over. In fact I think a few have posted about such visits. I hope you have good luck with your girls getting over.

Because most of these relationships are farang/bargirl and work out fine as long as the partners are NOT together .

When together not seldom these relationships end after a few weeks/months and the government don't want these

girls to end up in prostitution in their country .

The US Government is kidding itself with this "fortress America" approach.

They are discouraging ordinary, and lucrative, tourism.

US immigration is degrading enough for those with visas...

...long lines, compulsory fingerprinting, nazi style officials etc.

Take a look at the Mexican border guys.

There's a regular flood of illegal immigrants coming across every day.

Oh what, am I disagreeing with everybody again?

No change there then :)

Seems it is just as hard to get one here to Aus... 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Many of my students get visitor visas for the US.  However, there is no American 'boyfriend' involved; they get the visa on their own merits.  I think if a relationship is involved there are more reasons to suspect that the girl may overstay. Genuine tourists can get US visas, as long as they have the finances and a job or university place to return to.

U.S. that terrified of Thai citizens never returning back, human trafficking, Thai immigrants, etc.?

Yes!

up to you

And if Thai citizens don't return to Thailand then what?  You have happy, fun loving, productive people that are willing to pay taxes stuck here in America.  And sorry, but all Thai people will eventually return to Thailand if they can, because Thais love Thailand and love being Thai like fish love water.

On a side note, you can win.  You can get your visa even if you have multiple blocks put on.  $10,000, four or five years, patience, a will to win, and the best US based immigration attorney that you can find, with a record of winning.  Go get 'em.

Simply put: The Southern Baptists want to save us from the evils of guilt free sex. In contrast, the Northern Protestants want to prevent the spread of effortless bargain price sex. They both have the support of the West Coast lesbian Feminists- who love Thai gals, but are terrified of being accused of sexually exploiting a racial minority - which would cost them the support of the Rainbow Coalition. :GoldenSmile1:

I don't get it, I'm willing to have several Thai girls come visit me but they all say "need visa for US, too hard." So I look up the criteria and unfortunately I come to the same conclusion, chances are extremely low for Thai citizens to obtain a tourist visa, see for yourself:

U.S. that terrified of Thai citizens never returning back, human trafficking, Thai immigrants, etc.? I believe that if the Thai citizen who intends to apply for a US Visa has a reputable and background clean sponsor/boyfriend/friend/etc that said Thai should be allowed to get a visa. What do you think PA? I love America but western women drive me insane and after my lease is up I'm down grading from my current condo and moving  into a cheaper place so I can go back to regular trips to Thailand.

Western women drive you insane? wait till a thai girl gets her hooks into you, from insane to bankrupt

Met him on Holiday here and he fell in Love..Went back to the USA and started working on the Visa...Months has Passed..Thousands has been spent and WALA the Visa was Issued..She boarded the Plane and he went to the Airport to Meet his New Love....She never arrived at his airport? Instead flew into NY where she sneered at any propositions of selling pussy for 1000 Baht again....In America someplace but not with him.....You bet she is still a Hooker but not for small Money...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Excellent analysis of the situation. I concur completely.

just aglee to disaglee flee speech here no ploblem

There are 2 main reasons its hard for Thais to get visas. First is a money issue. Because of there low wage earnings they are not likely to return to Thailand once they leave because they can make higher wages in other countries. The other is that most are not that educated so they will need someone to take care of them. To make sure that you will take care of them they want you to marry the lady.

I have first hand information that it isn't difficult to get a tourist visa for US.  As said, there's no said formula and it's down to human judgement and WHICH embassy you go to.  At the end of the day, the embassy staff is basically doing a "risk assessment" on the likelihood of the tourist to return home.  The more reason they have to return home (established career, substantial money in account, owns properties, have strong family and community ties) the more likely they will get a visa.  The more mobile they are (no stable job, no properties, no large saving, etc) the less likely they will get a visa.

The sponsor's background, jobs, and reputation also plays a roll in getting the girl visa.  That is the less you are likely to engage in human trafficking, trying to keep the girl here, and etc then the more likely they will approve.  That is to say if you are single and doesn't work in some high level position at a well known company then your chance diminishes.

I agree.  +1

I totally understand the frustration but the requirements are by no means insurmountable. I'll bet lots of US BMs have managed to get a girl over. In fact I think a few have posted about such visits. I hope you have good luck with your girls getting over.

There was a TR (something like reverse TR?  Let me see if I can find it)

Found it.  HERE.

I respectfully disagree.  The specific one OP is discussing is tourist visa.  And the Thai tourist market just isn't THAT lucrative relative to other country.  You got to do this country by country comparison.  What is the likely tourist income from Thailand compare to say Japan or Korea or UK or Germany?  The more middle class population a country has, the more likely they are to get a tourist visa or no visa requirements (like most of Europe).

If you want to base the criteria on foreign investment in US, I don't think the US government is worry about that.  And there are many other types of Visa (outside of tourist) that facilitates that.  And I have plenty of experience in seeing those gets approved easily (e.g. B-1, H1B1, J, H-1B, F, M).  B2 isn't the only way.

I've traveled many countries.  US isn't "on a different level" when it comes to immigration check point.  MANY countries has additional check.  For example, HKG and China immigration they check your body temperatures as well.  ICN (Korea) do both photograph AND TWO fingerprints.  BKK takes a photograph.  Again, the immigration custom here in US isn't "overreaching" comparing to some other countries.  You should try North Korea. :-) 

In ALL of my experience through custom here at US (100+ re-entry), I can not remember one incident where it took more then 30 seconds at the counter or the official asked me anything other then "where countries have you been to on this trip?"  "what's the purpose?"  And the answer is an one word answer from me.

Now that's a different story for my friend.  He gets the royal treatment.  But then again, one of the product he sold was found in an Iraq insurgent bomb making shop that was raided by the marines.  I am guessing that might have something to do with him getting the special treatment.

I agree with you on the Mexican border.  We are land lock and it's a LONG border.

Many of my students get visitor visas for the US.  However, there is no American 'boyfriend' involved; they get the visa on their own merits.  I think if a relationship is involved there are more reasons to suspect that the girl may overstay. Genuine tourists can get US visas, as long as they have the finances and a job or university place to return to.

I agree 100%.  When there's a boyfriend involved, it drastically reduces the chance of getting a visa.

5555. i did the exact same thing. "come visit me, ill pay for your ticket" and then the sobering reality.

I'm no expert on US visa requirements for Thais but I doubt that the US requirements are anymore stringent then other developed countries.

Provided that you can prove to them that you are in a serious relationship with the girl and that the sponsor (i.e yourself) is a trustworthy and professional individual, then there's hope.

I'm no expert on US visa requirements for Thais but I doubt that the US requirements are anymore stringent then other developed countries.

Provided that you can prove to them that you are in a serious relationship with the girl and that the sponsor (i.e yourself) is a trustworthy and professional individual, then there's hope.

From my experience, visa for girlfriend is going to be very difficult.  She's better getting it on her own merit.  That might actually be easier.

Now if you are married to her in her country and you have the marriage certificate translated and motorized, then it's a cake walk.  It would then just be the usual interview and health check bits (and any necessary treatment) before they are allow to come.

I told my lady to apply for the diversity visa. She has no clue of how to do it. I told her I would coach her on how to do it but it seems the whole visa thing just scared the ladies. They hear from others that its hard to do so it intimidates them. So don't expect to get any help from them to complete the visa process without you. Oh I almost forgot. The diversity visa is a lottery visa that people can apply for to come to America. Thailand citizens can apply for this but most of them never heard of it.

From my experience, visa for girlfriend is going to be very difficult.  She's better getting it on her own merit.  That might actually be easier.

Now if you are married to her in her country and you have the marriage certificate translated and motorized, then it's a cake walk.  It would then just be the usual interview and health check bits (and any necessary treatment) before they are allow to come.

I will be applying for my gf to get a tourist visa soon to the US for a holiday with me so I will let you know. She's less than 30, doesn't work, has no funds, no property ... basically on paper no reason to return. Having said that, i was able to get her a visa under these same conditions at first time of asking to Germany after only being in a relationship with her for 18 months, and then to Australia. I'm hopeful that she will get it even for the US. Like with all the other applications, i will just base it on the seriousness of our relationship and my strength as a professional person of good character.

I will be applying for my gf to get a tourist visa soon to the US for a holiday with me so I will let you know. She's less than 30, doesn't work, has no funds, no property ... basically on paper no reason to return. Having said that, i was able to get her a visa under these same conditions at first time of asking to Germany after only being in a relationship with her for 18 months, and then to Australia. I'm hopeful that she will get it even for the US. Like with all the other applications, i will just base it on the seriousness of our relationship and my strength as a professional person of good character.

Good luck to you!

As said in my first sentence of first post there isn't a specific formula, it all comes down to the probability and the embassy staff's assessment.

I am curious to learn that you don't need to be citizen to sponsor someone else's visa.  I assume you are not simultaneously a German, Australia, and US citizen, and therefore you must have gotten her visa as foreigner.  I was not aware you could do that.  I don't have any experience with Australia nor Germany immigration process.  I am only speaking from my experience with US immigration and visa process.

Archived