Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

British Man Found Dead In Kanchanaburi Province

Pattaya Daily News

Published : September 12, 2013 :: 17:09:52 [ 138 views ]

British Man Found Dead In Kanchanaburi Province

236.jpg
The body of an elder British man was found in a house in Kanchanaburi. Doctors who inspected his body on-scene presumed that he died from a heart failure.

KANCHANABURI – September 10, 2013 [PDN]; Kanchanaburi Police were informed that a foreigner was found dead in a house in Kanchanaburi. An emergency response unit as well as a police investigation team were dispatched to the scene.

At the two-storey town house officers found the body of 75 year-old Kate Lanyon. He reported to have been found on a plastic chairs. Scene investigations do not indicate that a fight had happened. It was presumed that Mr. Kate had a heart failure which eventually led to his death.

Mr. Kate was said to have been living alone for 8 years and he was said to enjoy traveling. His heart failure was believed to have been caused from his addiction to alcohol and cigarettes.

Mr. Chartchai Sawartong, aged 56, who found Mr. Kate dead in his house, who was also a fellow friend of Mr. Kate said that he had been living in Kanchanaburi since 2005.

Advertise

Print This News Print This News

Type : Thailand News
Photo : Internet

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article

RIP. Well judging by the cases of beer in the picture he certainly enjoyed a drink. 75 years is a good age and he seems to have made the most of his last years.

RIP. Well judging by the cases of beer in the picture he certainly enjoyed a drink. 75 years is a good age and he seems to have made the most of his last years.

+1 ... Could not said any better than your post.

If you are going to go i could think far worse ways in worse places.

I guess many of us would opt to go at this age this way given a choice

RIP to the old Bugger

Ghosty

Different strokes for different folks I guess but I don't want to end up like this...

Getting drunk constantly at 75, chain smoking, living in what looks like a real mess, single for 8 years...doesn't sound like a happy later life to me..more like a cautionary tale

We all have the same fete awaiting us.

His life, his choice.

I admire him, all his way and apparently, there are no further ties to others, or others to worry about him.

I want a similar end, fast, peaceful and no big memorial.

RIP 

Surprised he lasted that long Drinking Thai Beer, yuck.

Different strokes for different folks I guess but I don't want to end up like this...

Getting drunk constantly at 75, chain smoking, living in what looks like a real mess, single for 8 years...doesn't sound like a happy later life to me..more like a cautionary tale

It's tidier than my living room!

I hope he was thinking good thoughts of his early days in Thailand as he went out, RIP 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I agree.

If I died receiving a BJ from a Thai girl that's one thing, living and ending up like this is not my style.

Who knows, maybe he was happy but again not for me.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

May he rest in peace. Better than dying in some old peoples care home back in Blighty.

you said it mate, how right you are

RIP.... Surprising he got his allotted 3 score + 10 considering his obvious penchant for the booze & fags.

BTW, never heard a man called Kate before, that's as bad as calling a boy "Sue".

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

The article said he loved "travelling", so I am assuming he did not spend all his time sitting in his somewhat messy room, drinking, smoking and watching television.  Living alone does not mean that he did not have regular company from time to time, just that he valued his privacy.  75 is a good life any way you cut it, regardless of lifestyle.   A lot of non-smoking, non-drinking types never make it that far. I agree with the above poster, who said it is far better then dying in some 500 sq ft, one room studio apartment in a Senior's Residence, where they likely never would have let him smoke or even drink in his room.

The article said he loved "travelling", so I am assuming he did not spend all his time sitting in his somewhat messy room, drinking, smoking and watching television.  Living alone does not mean that he did not have regular company from time to time, just that he valued his privacy.  75 is a good life any way you cut it, regardless of lifestyle.   A lot of non-smoking, non-drinking types never make it that far. I agree with the above poster, who said it is far better then dying in some 500 sq ft, one room studio apartment in a Senior's Residence, where they likely never would have let him smoke or even drink in his room.

Good points, put that way I guess it would be better than wasting away in some dreary retirement home.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Archived