Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai Airways lounge - save Thai culture, join my quest

cbmgolfer

I have been coming to Thailand for 5+ years. Since I fly a lot, I usually have access to the Thai Airways lounges in BKK. Five years ago they served phad Thai, tom yam gung, and some other Thai food. A couple of years ago they switched to Chinese dumplings (which are not good), sandwiches, and bad farang food, like spaghetti, chicken and noodles, etc...

I always regarded the Thai food in the lounge as the last sweet taste of, and memory of, Thailand, before boarding the plane back to reality.

My quest is to convince them to bring back Thai food to the lounge. What I have been doing is filling out feedback forms and sending them in... Simple request... Please bring back Thai food to the lounge.

What you can do: when you go to the lounge, ask for a "feedback" form... fill it in asking for Thai food in the lounge. Hopefully, if enough people ask, they will change it back!

Cheers.

They don't even have wine anymore either in some of them. Considering it's their home base it's pretty poor show. 

They don't even have wine anymore either in some of them. Considering it's their home base it's pretty poor show. 

Yes its a bit strange that they have Port but no red or white wine - or at least in the lower level lounge that I have used.

I have been coming to Thailand for 5+ years. Since I fly a lot, I usually have access to the Thai Airways lounges in BKK. Five years ago they served phad Thai, tom yam gung, and some other Thai food. A couple of years ago they switched to Chinese dumplings (which are not good), sandwiches, and bad farang food, like spaghetti, chicken and noodles, etc...

I always regarded the Thai food in the lounge as the last sweet taste of, and memory of, Thailand, before boarding the plane back to reality.

My quest is to convince them to bring back Thai food to the lounge. What I have been doing is filling out feedback forms and sending them in... Simple request... Please bring back Thai food to the lounge.

What you can do: when you go to the lounge, ask for a "feedback" form... fill it in asking for Thai food in the lounge. Hopefully, if enough people ask, they will change it back!

Cheers.

Everybody has differing personal tastes,  i know many people who go to Thailand who never sample Thai food,  eat fry ups every morning,  fish and chips or kebabs at night. A waste if you ask me,  i love Thai food myself. Good luck with your quest.

Stevie

I'm not really keen on Thai food..................I don't like the smell.................And anyway when I fly I need light bland food and loads of booze................

I'm not really keen on Thai food..................I don't like the smell.................And anyway when I fly I need light bland food and loads of booze................

Please don't clutch on to me if I am seated next to you on your next flight.... :(

.... I tend to punch when startled .....

Everybody has differing personal tastes,  i know many people who go to Thailand who never sample Thai food,  eat fry ups every morning,  fish and chips or kebabs at night. A waste if you ask me,  i love Thai food myself. Good luck with your quest.

I'm already past the average age where those people die .... :)

Fry ups .... Shocking....

When I see blood sausage in the Thai Air lounge I'm never coming back to Thailand!

Yep .. No wine ... Never understood that...

Yep .. No wine ... Never understood that...

Thai's don't understand Farangs and don't even try to. The Thai way or nothing!

Last time I was in the main business lounge there was actually green curry being served. Sure, it was nowhere near spicy enough, and could really have used some more fish sauce too. But other than that, it was fairly authentic.

That is pretty back it you cant be served Thai food in Thailand's National carrier's lounge. Why would they serve foreign food?  

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/vacation-countdown-clocks/&clickLABEL=CountdownClockCodes.com&flashLABEL=CountdownClockCodes.com&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/3.jpg&text=Paradise%20Here%20I%20come%2C%20ready%20or%20not&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2017&month=11&day=19&hour=22&minute=21&second=8&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/vacation-countdown-clocks/">CountdownClockCodes.com</a></small></center>

Get on the phone, call up the head office, ask for the dude in charge of lounge services and tell him/her your story.

Filling out some form that gets tossed will do you no good.

I used to call up Senatewhores and Congresspigs in the USA all the time. Once they even called me back. But that was becuz I had polished off a 12 pack of Special Export and got exceptionally profane.

Which lounge are you talking about?,because i was in the royal silk lounge yesterday and they had plenty of wine available. 

Hey I have access to that lounge too. i agree with you. I have resigned myself to going to Burger King at BKK airport and then going to the lounge for a drink.

Wish they change the beer selection. None of that Thai Beer. how about some Cascade Lager, best in the world,

Which lounge are you talking about?,because i was in the royal silk lounge yesterday and they had plenty of wine available.

International departures ... There are 2 ... Across the hall from each other ... One is basically business class and the other is, I believe, first class. I use the one on the left as you walk to it from immigration... I believe it is in the hall w the F gates... The business class lounge.

Perhaps you were in the first class lounge?

International departures ... There are 2 ... Across the hall from each other ... One is basically business class and the other is, I believe, first class. I use the one on the left as you walk to it from immigration... I believe it is in the hall w the F gates... The business class lounge.

Perhaps you were in the first class lounge?

I was in this one on concourse C west, http://www.thaiairways.com/thai-services/on-the-ground/en/royal-silk-lounge.htm

There actually 3 royal silk lounges, and I first class, two are on concourse c one, the biggest is down the escalator as you check in, this one is for royal silk passengers only, no access for gold card holders.

I prefer the one on concourse c as it is closer to the departure gate and smoking rooms. I was in there in june and they had wine, and thai food, but I was only there to drink vodka.

The big one, at least, has wine at the bar (on the right when you come down the escalator). You have to ask for it, just like for any other kind of drink from the bar. Singha and Chang in cans can be found in the fridges, though.

I've never actually personally had any wine there, I'm pretty sure it would be crap anyway. In places where I suspect they can't mix a proper drink to save their lives, I spend my time swilling the Gin&Tonics instead. Hard to really fail at that so badly that it's undrinkable.

Reading some other reviews,  seems some have wine some don't and it's not always regular. The whole lounge situation is a mess. Should be any *A Gold allowed in all the Biz lounges for a start. 

Archived