IGNORED

I Got Free Flights - SYD to BKK on Qantas - seriously!

Jason G

thought I would post this as an actual topic to show how to work the travel agent

originally I posted here to get an idea if I should book online but decided to go through agent here - so glad I did

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/166441-momondo-and-bravofly-what-are-they-like/#entry2322453

So this is how it happened - read through and you'll get the idea of how it transpired

__________________________________________________________________________________________

found the flights I want and usually use Sky Scanners then get agent to match price

Not sure if she will match with Momondo though

feb flight 1.PNG

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Just got an email back from my agent

What are the names and DOB of all the travellers?""

fucking stoked :)

She knows i'll gve her a hard time if she doesn't
already checked online and BravoFly has a .com.au web address so that falls into Flight Centres price matching policy

I swear I got a boner over this :)

anyone else want to book with us at the same time???

Ok, seems to have changed the tune now

this is the reply I just got

Hi Jason,

We do not pricebeat Bravo Fly. We only beat the price of Australian Registered Businesses and as Bravo Fly do not charge the correct Australian taxes and you will be denied boarding.  This is the reason we do not Pricebeat them.  We do however Pricebeat Expedia and Last Minute.  

I have those particular flights for $870 however which is coming up cheaper than the quote you have.

and here is my reply to them

""We do not pricebeat Bravo Fly.

Don't know how Flight Centre can stipulate that it won't price beat a particular carrier?

I couldn't find any reference to them on your price beat guarantee page:

http://www.flightcen...rfare-guarantee

We only beat the price of Australian Registered Businesses

their web address is .com.au: http://www.bravofly.com.au

As you are probably aware, to have an Australian domain name you are required to have a Registered Australian Business name

Here is a copy of the Who Is directory information if you would like to check it yourself

This link should take you directly there: http://www.whoismydo...bravofly.com.au

Whois Domain
bravofly.com.au

Is this your domain name? Renew it now.

Domain Name: bravofly.com.au
Last Modified: 26-Jul-2013 11:46:00 UTC
Registrar ID: Domain Directors
Registrar Name: Domain Directors

Registrant: Bravofly SA
Eligibility Type: Company
Eligibility Name: Bravofly SA
Eligibility ID: TM 1248163

Registrant Contact ID: IN1366638880165
Registrant Contact Name: Bravofly Staff
Registrant Contact Email: Visit whois.ausregistry.com.au for Web based WhoIs

Tech Contact ID: IN1366638880853
Tech Contact Name: Bravofly Staff
Tech Contact Email: Visit whois.ausregistry.com.au for Web based WhoIs

Name Server: ns-17.awsdns-02.com
Name Server: ns-732.awsdns-27.net
Name Server: ns-1862.awsdns-40.co.uk
Name Server: ns-1416.awsdns-49.org

and as Bravo Fly do not charge the correct Australian taxes and you will be denied boarding.  This is the reason we do not Pricebeat them. ""

Im not sure that that is in your stipulations for the guarantee but can this actually be proven?

So what exactly is the issue here Jenny??

yeah, im not dropping this

They came back with:

Hi Jason,

They may have an Australian .com.au but they do not have an ABN and that is where the problem lies, as mentioned before they are not an Australian Registered Business.  I would love to beat these flights for you as it is a great price, but unfortunately I have been advised by our Flight Centre Price Beat Product Team that I am not able too.  If you would like to book them direct I understand, otherwise I can book the options I first sent you.  Thank you for your time.

So I replied:

Your site states:

Applies to genuine quotes from airlines and other Australian registered businesses and websites for travel that 

Doesn't say anything about ABN number sorry.
To have an Australian domain name you have to have an Australian registered business and that's what's started on your web site

on your conditions it gives 3 options: airlines / Australian registered businesses / websites 

It (BravoFly) has an Australian website as well

Again, Flight Centres conditions so I don't see the problem

Now just to conform with the conditions of your web site
I need to include pricing for everything, not just a single flight
I have included a quote for flights for all 4 people to enable us to move forward

the price has changed slightly and works out to $620aud each

WOW, looks like they've thrown their hands up

latest reply:

Sorry Jason I cant pricebeat Bravo.  I dont have the authority.  I can pricebeat Expedia or last minute.

My reply: (since I want it stated clearly)

So Flight Centre isn't prepared to match / beat?

Their reply:

Flight Centre is happy to beat Last minute or Expedia but not Bravo Fly.

My next course of action is to contact the the person on the Price Beat page

NSW - South - Sally Youngs + 61 410 576 214
NSW - North - Oscar Poocuetos + 61 400 322 151

will see how that goes

So i got hold of Sally and explained what happened and she seemed all concerned (as i expected)

she agreed with me about what their conditions state and asked me to forward the emails

i got a message back last night

Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 18:29:11 +1000
Subject: Re: FW: Eticket and Invoice
To:

Hi Jason,
Thanks for chatting to me this afternoon about these flights.
A question for you as I am not able to see all the imagines in this email trail,
* What is the name of the website that you obtained the quote from?
So the actual website address?
Chat soon
Cheers

My reply:

it was Momondo phone app
that then directed me through to the BravoFly web site
i had the Momondo filter set as direct flights only

Wont be shocked if they try it on saying that i didnt use the web site - their site doesn't state anything about apps

Your consultant will do everything they can to beat the airfare you have been quoted. If the qualifying criteria are met we will beat that price by $1 per person. If the qualifying criteria are met and your consultant does not beat your quoted price you will receive your flight free of charge.

You must make your free flight claim prior to flying or within 7 days of your quote not being beaten (whichever occurs first). The free flight will be booked and paid for by us and will be identical to the one you have asked us to price beat. We do not reimburse customers for flights they have purchased elsewhere, nor do we provide them with cash or vouchers to the value of the flight we were asked to price beat. Despite anything else in the airline’s terms and conditions, you cannot cancel your free flight and claim a refund.

If this applies to you, or if you are dissatisfied with our service, please contact the relevant State Manager as follows:

that's what their site says

i cant see them just getting back to me and saying "oh, sorry about that. Here's some free flights"

i have followed their process and now contacted their state manager so technically it should be free

i'll play the game with them and see where it goes

on a side note Sky Scanners has Qantas flights for $740 atm

4 FREE RETURN (DIRECT) FLIGHTS / SYDNEY TO THAILAND

alright, so the state rep Sally calls me at 8:15 and starts explaining how the price is actually through the Spanish side of their web site etc and im like ÿeah, here we go making certain stipulations to get out of it"

so I ark up and start into her about how her site reads and she says it's fine im happy to do the flights for you....

sorry, what exactly are you going to do for me?

Im giving you 4 return tickets to Thailand - free!

Fuck me, I nearly fainted!

She says she will email the agent and tell them to sort the details and send it through

after a few emails getting our details this came through

see where im pointing "FLY FREE"

flights.JPG

So, I have to admit, I have a new respect for Flight Centre as they stood by their guarantee with no problem at all

I have also checked on the Qantas site and confirmed it's all booked

La La Land Bar & Sky Bar Soi 6 Pattaya

Fuck me dead!!!

Great job Jason! 

I know it's pretty baby, but I didn't take it out for air.

Nice work. So from here on they'll price match bravofly?

you would hope they dont - then you fly free like us :)

Fuck me dead!!!

Great job Jason! 

still in shock

top bombing! i like your persistence and tenacity. 

"There's plenty more prostitutes in Pattaya" ©2012™

"Only Newbies go home when planned" ©2012

"I don't run a gogo, i run a dance academy" Â©2014

"Sauna and milkshakes a winning combination" Â©2015

Facebook Group ::: Pattaya Bar Crawls and Parties

Good on Flight Centre for honouring their advertising slogan.

With this Bravo Fly would you have been denied boarding the aircraft if you had booked with them.

top bombing! i like your persistence and tenacity. 

i could smell a bargain :)

Good on Flight Centre for honouring their advertising slogan.

With this Bravo Fly would you have been denied boarding the aircraft if you had booked with them.

i have to give it to them, very impressed

i was really worried about bravo but i did read a few reviews that said they were worried but had no problem

still, prefer to do it this was, got someone to yell at if things go ass up

How many people would have stuck at this like a dog on a bone like you did mate, very few I'm guessing.

That line with the taxes from Bravo would have pulled most people up.

Nice work on your not letting this go.

thanks guys

yeah, im not really the kind of person to let something go if i think im right

was fully prepared to take it to fair trading if i had to

hope this helps people to get flights at the right price

Well done, I tried with flight centre to get a similar deal, they told me they could not do a better deal, and were not interested in helping me, so I told them to get fucked and I will never use them again. 

my money my choice

thanks mate - still stunned a bit to be honest

Love your style son, I am proud...

With your savings can u get a manicure on that fcuking ugly finger of yours?  Fair dinkum, parading that finger on a international website is embarrassing for all Australian. What next?  Get the tummy out!

Love your style son, I am proud...

With your savings can u get a manicure on that fcuking ugly finger of yours?  Fair dinkum, parading that finger on a international website is embarrassing for all Australian. What next?  Get the tummy out!

damn you bastards - knew people would pick on me for that :)

it's not like a have a massage shop where i can get it done for 150baht in Sydney

Not to worry though :)

I'm a sick sick man

just bailed on my job today and got a reply from Flight Centre as well

Fly out on Thai direct on October 26

Return Sunday November 10

are you sitting down?   $540 return!!

i so fucking excited

someone please tell the the AUD is getting 33 baht to the dollar now and life will be perfect :)

damn you bastards - knew people would pick on me for that :)

it's not like a have a massage shop where i can get it done for 150baht in Sydney

Not to worry though :)

I'm a sick sick man

just bailed on my job today and got a reply from Flight Centre as well

Fly out on Thai direct on October 26

Return Sunday November 10

are you sitting down?   $540 return!!

i so fucking excited

someone please tell the the AUD is getting 33 baht to the dollar now and life will be perfect :)

You get me a 1 way Melbourne to BKK with Thai for $540 and I will manicure your dick!

lol....

ill pass on that mate but ill tag along on one of your famous breakfasts and you can shout me a ST in Soi 6 ;)

what's you window for dates?

Momondo

Oct 3,

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER

direct with Jetstar $359 9h 35m

Have done a screen capture, you want me to talk with my people and book it for you?

Shes 24/7 i think

just finished booking ours 2 hours ago

PM me your mobile!!

Ok, so it might have to be a LT now :)

fuck im good at this :)

Archived