IGNORED

Overstay for children

PattayaLoverz

Read in a swedish thai forum in a thread someone asking about overstay for children with thai and (insert country) passports. The person said that the child had entered Thailand with a swedish passport and asked if there was overstay fine for the child. The answers in the thread were everything from no to yes, 7 years old, 15 years old and any imaginable answers between those.

Now in my eyes it's pretty damn sick that a thai citizen, who has the right to be in Thailand for as long as they like, to get a fine regardless which passport the child used. He was asking for links to official laws or something to that degree that very clearly states if it's possible to fine the child (parent).

Seems very weird, why didn't she use Thai passport to come back in.

My daughter has Engl.... Oops British and Thai passports, in Thailand use Thai,in the UK,British , simple

A child does not need a visa to stay in Thailand up to the age of 14 as long as the parents are legal.

You dont often see 2 year old children going on visa runs to Cambodia :GoldenSmile1:

Posted Image

Now in my eyes it's pretty damn sick that a thai citizen, who has the right to be in Thailand for as long as they like, to get a fine regardless which passport the child used.

Another way of looking at it is the adult who brought the child into Thailand on a passport other than a Thai one and then allowed the child to overstay is pretty stupid.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I think that always getting the Thai passport as well is the best way forward for the sake of 1,000 baht it will save you future aggravation,

Posted Image

Archived