Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Young Norwegian Robbed

Pattaya Daily News

231.jpg
The young Norwegian citizen was robbed while sitting and chilling at the beach. The criminal left two slippers behind at the scene of the incident.

PATTAYA – September 11, 2013 [PDN]; at 4.30 am received reports of a young Norwegian citizen being robbed opposite the Pattaya Bay Walk Moo 9, Tambon Nong Prue, Banglamung, Chonburi. Police are now investigating for further details.

At the scene of the incident, MR.AUNG PYI NYEIN, aged 23 a Norwegian citizen was found in a drunk condition, his nose and mouth was bleeding, bloodstain on his clothes, and his belongings from his pockets were stolen and completely torn. Two slippers and a bottle of beer were also found at the scene of the accident it is believed to be of the criminals.

The victim claims that before the incident happened he was sitting and chilling at the beach area and suddenly two guys walked towards him while they were hardly anyone at that area. At that time he noticed them but did not think they were criminals. The two criminals started robbing him and took his belongings from his pockets. He tried to save himself and call for help but the criminals pushed him down on the floor and started hurting him, by punching and boxing him.

6000 baht, a credit card, a mobile phone and few important documents were in his pocket was taken by the criminals. After robbing the 2 criminals quickly ran toward Walking Street leaving their slippers behind.

After the police received reports that are now looking at searching for the criminal, they believe that it is either a drug addict gang or the criminal gang that usually steal in this area. Violent acts like this have reduced safety measures for a tourist city like Pattaya.

Advertise

Print This News Print This News

Type : Crime News
Story : Kampee
Photo : Kampee

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article

Perhaps the slippers are their hallmark, as Zorro left his Z or Sir Charles Litton (The Phantom) left a glove at the scene of his robberies in the Pink Panther movies. 

jinx

Catch my first report ;               Catch my third report ;

Drinker Tailor Sober Thai     The Place Beyond The Fines. 

Catch my second report ;        My final report :

The Monger Games            Final Random Acts 

Hanging at beach road at night by your self is never a good idea .IMO

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

These muggings appear to becoming more common

Robberies from drug people in the small hours of the morning have always been a problem.  However, I think your right that muggings in general are becoming more common.  As Pattaya continues to change into a more cosmopolitan developed resort, it's inevitable that crime will rise.  Hopefully there is still some way to go before it hits the levels of western towns & cities!

The days of stating that Pattaya is safer than Disneyland, that walking alone at night throughout the city is harmless, is seemingly coming to an end.

Granted this victim as well as others put themselves in situations where they were easy pickings for criminals, but still.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

wow that sucks, hope they catch the robbers! 

Being drunk, alone , in a dark area where few people are around, doesn't sound like a good idea to begin with though

...or the criminal gang that usually steal in this area.

I guess it would make too much sense to have a police presence in the area then.

I guess it would make too much sense to have a police presence in the area then.

Where's the money in that? (For the Police!)

In an.ideal World we would all be safe drunk or not wherever but somtimes you gota help yourself and reduce risks.

Being alone and seemingly drunk early AM at BR is never a good idea

Ghosty

As he is from Norway which I believe has a relatively low crime rate he probably isn't too street wise, and thought he was in a friendly tropical country. Those of us from countries with higher city crime rates and some knowledge of Pattaya would know it's not a good idea to hang out alone anywhere with few people around at 4.30 in the morning. A harsh lesson for the young man.

In an.ideal World we would all be safe drunk or not wherever but somtimes you gota help yourself and reduce risks.

Being alone and seemingly drunk early AM at BR is never a good idea

Ghosty

agree with you ghost

if your by yourself stay away from situations on beach road after midnight if your drunk or cannot handle

the piss

Archived