IGNORED

Private driver around pattaya

ozskin

Hello all , 

Looking for a private driver to take me and 3 family members to some local attractions on different days.

Ie floating market, sanctuary of truth, nong nooch. Maybe combine a couple on the same day.

Have contacted a few of the taxi companies that do airport runs, and have gotten 2 x quotes of 2000 baht for a full day, or 1500 baht for 4 hrs. Maybe im out of touch but these seemed a little high.

Is this the sort of pricing i should expect, or does anyone have some recommendations. or maybe i should hire a car?

Also would you recommend anyone for shorter trips say to seaside restaurants just out of pattaya, or short trips around town, which might only involve a couple of hours? taxis outside central on hourly rate? 

Thanks for any replies.

Seems a fair price to me , a one way trip to Patts is 1k for about 90 mins , so 2k for all day sounds good

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

these seem about right but depend on how brave you are can get a bhat bus to suk road from second road on pattaya klang or pattaya nha then a white bhat bus to directly outside floating market. 

Those prices are well within the norm. Mr. T charges around $10 an hour , less for the non driving time, just haggle in person and the price is not bad. Maybe try for 1,200 Baht for four hours. If some time is spent in the Nong Nooch parking lot.

I went to Sanctuary of Truth for the usual time period of a visit for 600 baht and we were there three hours or so. The driver was going to go and come back (paid when he came back, naturally) and then being a lazy sod, just parked under a tree.

Where most people live you are not getting a full day in a taxi for $60. Just starting the meter here is $4.25

Thank you for the reply guys. Looking at the the viewpoints put forward it does seem reasonable.

Archived