IGNORED

Any chance of this

What do you think guys a Money Conversion table on the fourmn and also a time Conversion if possible

as then i know what time in your part of the world as i am on the fourmn and also As reading post and doing figures and pricing can click the conversion to oz dollars.

Rhino10317702.gif

• 2 weeks later...
I have all major currencies on my website - just click the link in my signature. They are REAL TIME mid-prices.

Looks very good, have you forgot to put us on there? :D It would look good above pattayatalk :D

BTW: :001_XMas:

Looks very good, have you forgot to put us on there? :D It would look good above pattayatalk :D

BTW: :001_XMas:

Eh? Sexy have you lost your marbles? How can I add a Pattaya Forum to a serious finance site and pattayatalk is definitely NOT there either. Methinks you clicked the wronk link boyo - you need some lurvvvvvvv to get your brain back in order.

I will add this site to the pattaya-news blog whcih I assume you must have clicked :P

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Thanks whitespider. I just read it on pattaya-news and appreciate the compliment. We will do our best to stick by what we've stated. :001_XMas_Chokdee1:

• 3 weeks later...

I use this site for money conversion. Helps me keep it straight when someone says this or that costs 2000 THB. When I come to the "Land" will have to make myself a table of American $$$ to Bhat. http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html

For time conversion, I just set the forum page on Thai time. My wristwatch takes care of local time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bangkok bank shows this exchange rate for US dollar to Thai Bhat on Feb 16

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok+Bank/We...es/FX+Rates.htm

buy sell

USD1 USD : 1 34.50 35.93

USD5 USD : 5-20 34.88 35.93

USD50 USD : 50-100 35.36 36.01

Xe.com shows

1.00 USD

United States Dollars = 33.2833 THB

Thailand Baht 33.4

Is the rate on the street closer to the bank or the web sites?

Jim

Is the rate on the street closer to the bank or the web sites?

Jim

The xe.com site was quoting the offshore baht rate, i.e., if you are buying baht outside Thailand. The bank site is the rate within Thailand. Complicated explanation behind the differences, but has to do with the capital controls the Thai govt. imposed. It only affects the offshore rate directly, not the domestic onshore rate.

Evil

:Evil_Grin:

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I know that most of you use just for currency converstion. However, I use another site called converit.com. In addition to currency, there are other conversions like weight and measurement. It helps us Yanks who still don't use the metric system.

Again www.convertit.com (BTW, I have no affiliation with the site).

• 2 weeks later...

For more accurate currency rates go to the local LOS banks and check their exchange rates as they are what you will recieve if you change your money in country. The one I use is The Bank of Thailand you will see the currency convertor there and you can check past dates as well to see what it has done. HTH T

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Eh? Sexy have you lost your marbles? How can I add a Pattaya Forum to a serious finance site and pattayatalk is definitely NOT there either. Methinks you clicked the wronk link boyo - you need some lurvvvvvvv to get your brain back in order.

I will add this site to the pattaya-news blog whcih I assume you must have clicked :Drunk_Party:

I used to use the xe.com currency converter but that now gives the exchange rate outwith Thailand. I now use this one - http://www.uob.co.th/business/foreign-exchange-rates.htm as this gives the rates you will get in Thailand.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Government really worried about baht

http://www.pattayatoday.net/index.php?acti...ews&id=2237

Thailand’s competitiveness under threat The Bank of Thailand is considering new measures on cooling the sharp appreciation of the baht to help local exporters and entrepreneurs, said the bank’s governor Tarisa Watanagase (pictured). She explained she wanted to stabilise the baht to assist investors and exporters from being hit by too high an exchange rate.

The baht has been quoted of late at less than 34.5 baht to the US dollar, a nine year high against the greenback, amid fears that Thailand’s exports would become too expensive and its international competitiveness undermined. A too high exchange rate makes imported goods cheaper, thus fuelling domestic spending, whilst applying a break to exports.Pramon Suthiwong, chairman of the Thai chamber of commerce, said one likely measure was to cut interest rates by as much as one percent, howbeit on a gradual basis. Some state assistance to industrial sectors was also under review. The recent advance in the baht’s value has also angered some tourists who have seen their first country currency lose up to 15% of its face value over the past year.

Edited by Franky

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For quick calculations to work out relative amounts for THB to USD I divide by 30 (used to be 40) and for GBP I divide by 70 then knock a bit off for rounding down

• 3 weeks later...

The reply from Eneukman got me thinking. If I use the ATM with my CC or debit card I am using the offshore rate, right? But if I use Travellers check inside the banks I use the onshore rate.

The reply from Eneukman got me thinking. If I use the ATM with my CC or debit card I am using the offshore rate, right? But if I use Travellers check inside the banks I use the onshore rate.

If you use your ATM, you should get the internal rate. I used my UK credit card to buy air tickets from Air Asia 2 or 3 months ago and it was converted at the internal rate. Cashing travellers cheques, you will also get the internal rate.

Some banks have a charge for using your ATM abroad. Nationwide's flex account doesn't have any charges plus they give you pretty close to the true market rate.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Danish KR is usaly 16-17 for 100 TBH but to make it easy to remember i usaly just devide by 5 and i got a easy way to compare my danish vs. TBH.. ie. 100 Danish is 500 TBH.. i know its not 100% corect but when your pissed its best to keep it simple :P

Fed7haS

• 3 months later...
Danish KR is usaly 16-17 for 100 TBH but to make it easy to remember i usaly just devide by 5 and i got a easy way to compare my danish vs. TBH.. ie. 100 Danish is 500 TBH.. i know its not 100% corect but when your pissed its best to keep it simple :Blah2:

Fed7haS

Using foreign currency is tough if your drunk! It seems like "monopoly" money and you dont realize how much you've spent until you wake up!

X

• 1 year later...

I always use ATM card but to ensure all the charges do not bite too much I take out the maximum the ATM machine allows (10,000-15,000 or 20,000) depending on the max allowance. That way you only get one ATM fee, one foreign

exchange charge from your bank back home. I find this much better than taking out 3/4000 each day

• 1 month later...

Here is a pretty good site that shows the rates at banks in Thailand. It is up to the minute, too. http://bankexchangerates.daytodaydata.net/default.aspx Also from reading the forums I believe you can get some good rates at the money exchange kiosks throughout Pattaya. And for some reason Traveler's Checks get a better rate, but cost 33 Baht to exchange. If you had a $500.00 TC it might be worth exchanging instead of dollars. Please correct me if I am wrong on any of my info.

Also, here is something that has been discussed before. But, should be helpful. Counterfeit Baht notes. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/12/23...al_30091635.php

Edited by Vampire

• 2 weeks later...