IGNORED

Why Do I Have to Keep Signing In?

docwho

This problem only started yesterday and I hadn't touched or changed anything.

Everytime I go to the websites that I'm a member of, I have to sign in now everytime.

It's all of them - email, Facebook, PA and Youtube etc..

I do leave 'remember me' checked.

It's something to do with cookies, but what?

I've tried changing the cookie settings but it's still happening.

Does anyone know exactly what to put the cookies settings on to stop this happening?

I cant understand why this all of a sudden started happening without me changing anything.

I have Windows 8 an IE 10.

There is a known bug with IE10 and passwords, Microsoft have been promising a solution for month, but just in case this is not you issue check the following...

In IE10 go to Tool>Internet Options>Browsing History>Delete... and make sure the option for "cookies and website data" is not checked.

Also under Tool>Internet Options>Security Tab>Internet Zone... make sure the option for "enable Protected mode" is unchecked.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character."

Also if you're using Private browsing, it doesn't set cookies or keep a history, so you'll always have to log back in again. 

Ah, That's cured it - it was deleting the cookies on exit.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Archived