Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Good and safe Indian Food in Bkk and Pattaya

Guys I love indian food but i often worry about getting sick from it. I don't want to spend my trip on the shitter. I ordered some from a place across from the Viking beach comer and as soon as I got it the hotel staff said I was crazy. And that last week they had a guy eat it and shortly after he was in the hospital. I have a ior stomach but I don't want to test it in Bkk. Any price is ok I just want it to be quality.

Thanks much

mark1

There is an excellent Indian restaurant at the corner of Sukh and Soi 5 in BKK.  Coming from Nana Plaza, it should be right before you cross the street corner to reach the escalators of Nana BTS.  My friend, who is of Indian heritage and a food snob, loved it.

Tikka Centre is the best I've found in Patts.

It's on Soi Bukow, opposite Soi Honey.

Tasty food, and never had any health problems there.

Don't know about BKK.

Why not just head too little Indiana in Bangers for something similar to a true Indian, or if you are lazy there is a place just before or after the Sportsman Bar on Suk Road.

You probably have more chance of picking up Shit via a hotel Buffet or hotel Grub rather than an Indian Establishment catering and making their living serving food IMO

Ghosty

I haven't come across one which served even passable Indian food, I gave up on it a long time ago

Don't know about BKK.

Agree, just had a meal in there and forgot how good it is. 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I have had good reports about the Maharani in the Royal Cliff Resort from friends.

I haven't come across one which served even passable Indian food, I gave up on it a long time ago

Probably true - but you are looking for Indian style Indian food!

The rest of us are looking for falang / British style Indian food.

It's a completely different thing........... :)

Probably true - but you are looking for Indian style Indian food!

The rest of us are looking for falang / British style Indian food.

It's a completely different thing........... :)

Haha, no ways I can have Indian style Indian Food either :P

Had lunch at Alibaba on Pattaya Central Road down within 100m of the Beach Road yesterday. Very good Chicken Tikka Massala with a cottage cheese nan.

All Indian cooks and staff. Good service too.

Don't know about BKK.

+1 for Tikka. Also a good mate from Bradford reckoned the "Golden Chimney" on Pattaya Tai serves a good curry. I never been there but if a Bradford man recommends it then it's bound to be good.  :GoldenSmile1:

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

+1 for Tikka. Also a good mate from Bradford reckoned the "Golden Chimney" on Pattaya Tai serves a good curry. I never been there but if a Bradford man recommends it then it's bound to be good.  :GoldenSmile1:

My only criticism of Tikka Centre is that there is not much atmosphere.

It's a bare white room with glass front + some outside tables.

Alibaba is better on that score, but their food nowhere near as good IMO.

Checked out the Golden Chimney website. Looks a big & quite up-market place.

Too posh for the likes of me! I know my place.

Located east of the South Road / 3rd Road intersection, so not very easy access.

May still give it a try on my next visit (coming soon!).

• 3 weeks later...

There is an excellent Indian restaurant at the corner of Sukh and Soi 5 in BKK.  Coming from Nana Plaza, it should be right before you cross the street corner to reach the escalators of Nana BTS.  My friend, who is of Indian heritage and a food snob, loved it.

Hi Its closer to Soi 7 than 5 - the one on the corner of Soi 5 is a Thai restaurant.

You are correct though i have heard good reports about the place.

My Indian pal who I eat Indian food with every week in Singapore never eats Indian food in Thailand though

+1 for Tikka Centre 

best indian food I tasted in pattaya...And believe me I tried 4-5 different indian restaurants

• 3 weeks later...

Had lunch at Alibaba on Pattaya Central Road down within 100m of the Beach Road yesterday. Very good Chicken Tikka Massala with a cottage cheese nan.

All Indian cooks and staff. Good service too.

I eat there lots and always ok .until our last meal there ,Chicken curry lamb curry and so on ,I was Sooooo ill and the next day I had to drive home to Surin - Stopping at every toilet on the way being sick and shiting at the same time ,once home I went to the hospital feeling very weak and rough ,they tested my shit and the doctor said there was 1000,s of really bad bacteria in me .

After a lots of injections and tablets Three days latter I was back on top ,I will never go there again !

I guess it was the chicken ,my wife had lamb and she was ok .my sis a Veggie was also ok . 

Their chicken was undercooked on two occasions we ate there, looks like things haven't improved. Sorry you had to go through that.

I eat there lots and always ok .until our last meal there ,Chicken curry lamb curry and so on ,I was Sooooo ill and the next day I had to drive home to Surin - Stopping at every toilet on the way being sick and shiting at the same time ,once home I went to the hospital feeling very weak and rough ,they tested my shit and the doctor said there was 1000,s of really bad bacteria in me .

After a lots of injections and tablets Three days latter I was back on top ,I will never go there again !

I guess it was the chicken ,my wife had lamb and she was ok .my sis a Veggie was also ok .

ate there twice, shit both times, never again...The golden Chimney on south pattaya road is just the ticket...

Don't know about BKK.

I agree the food is good and have never had any problem apart from them trying to steal 500 baht from me one night around 1am when I was sitting in (over a year ago) - when my change was given back to me the woman cashier was looking straight at me - I said to the waitress I was 500 short and the cashier immediately came over with it - fat bitch.

The food is good but keep your wits about you.

Why have you been banned takki? I've eaten there many times.

Always been male waiters - and cashier not normally visible.

They have never tried to short-change me.

Has anyone tried the Indian Place virtually opp 18 COINS recently?...........Wasn't bad when it 1st opened.....but on my 2nd visit ,not so clever

I have eaten the farang daily specials and they have been very good, but was completely underwhelmed with their style of the Indian meal I ordered.  

Pompadom with chutney  was side plate size cracker type affair with a topping of chopped onion peppers and tomatoes not what I would have expected at all.

Chicken vindaloo was more like a  hottish creamy marsala a bit shy of chicken but with plenty of potatoes in it.

Naan bread small and heavy, nothing like a large fluffy type to tear apart that you might expect.

It was edible but just did not hit the spot.

I tried Ali Abbas pattaya klang years ago ,also a dissapointment, once a place in Phuket off the Bangla road so bland, but a cute indian waitress was not.

Like a previous poster I have almost given up.

If anyone wants authentic Indian food, other than the usual chicken tikka/naan bit, try some Bengali fish dishes, many of the "indian" cooks are from Bangladesh and if you ask them, they can make you a mean fish curry. I had one in an Indian place in Soi Diana next to some big ass beer bar complex (full of mainly grannies it seemed!) and Papaya a go go, i think

I always eat at Sher-e punjab on the beach road, never had any problems.  Give it a try.

• 1 month later...

Madras darbar in pattaya for location google it. Khana khajana at Nana i BTS n Bangkok. They provide good and hyeigenic food and spice is added according to ur choice. They provide with personal touch.

If anyone wants authentic Indian food, other than the usual chicken tikka/naan bit, try some Bengali fish dishes, many of the "indian" cooks are from Bangladesh and if you ask them, they can make you a mean fish curry. I had one in an Indian place in Soi Diana next to some big ass beer bar complex (full of mainly grannies it seemed!) and Papaya a go go, i think

Thanks for the tip. I've seen that Indian restaurant so I'll give it a try. Love a mean fish curry.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Archived