Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nouvo SX question...

david555

Lately a see number of the new Nouvo SX are in secondhand sales with low mileage or Km's for quit low prices ...?

As i am planing to buy by my return in October a motorbike and would like to know the angle in the nouvo SX ... to light for heavyweight farang maybe ....withe the  mio engine (not Me with my 72 kilos ) Thinking about buying  Honda PCX   NouvoSX or Nouvo elegance 135 cc ,which one .....??

What is the problem as i seems SX not very wanted on the market ..?

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

Did you just read a couple of thaivisa ads or what?

The 135cc Elegance was replaced by the SX I believe, so not many new Elegances now.

The engine size difference is only 8cc and it's now fuel injection so probably faster.

I see no sign that the SX isn't popular.............

.............but maybe you'd be better reading the thread http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/109203-the-best-moped-or-scooter/?hl=%2Bbest+%2Bscooter

Lately a see number of the new Nouvo SX are in secondhand sales with low mileage or Km's for quit low prices ...?

As i am planing to buy by my return in October a motorbike and would like to know the angle in the nouvo SX ... to light for heavyweight farang maybe ....withe the  mio engine (not Me with my 72 kilos ) Thinking about buying  Honda PCX   NouvoSX or Nouvo elegance 135 cc ,which one .....??

What is the problem as i seems SX not very wanted on the market ..?

+1

Before you buy a new bike if you purchase travel insurance for your trips you need to read the conditions. The old Elegance was 135cc, the SX is 125cc. Most insurance policies limit you to 125cc. Furthermore some dont let you ride a motobike at all and some want you to have a bike licence in your own country or in the holiday country.

I have a Honda 125cc Click and I weigh 77kg andperformance around town is good even with my gf of 46kg on the back.

.............................. some want you to have a bike licence in your own country or in the holiday country.

...................................................................................

Some?

If any insurance company finds out you're driving unlicenced/illegally then they don't have to pay out.

To be legal you need a Thai DL or your Home DL including the m/bike category plus an IDP.

Did you just read a couple of thaivisa ads or what?

The 135cc Elegance was replaced by the SX I believe, so not many new Elegances now.

The engine size difference is only 8cc and it's now fuel injection so probably faster.

I see no sign that the SX isn't popular.............

.............but maybe you'd be better reading the thread http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/109203-the-best-moped-or-scooter/?hl=%2Bbest+%2Bscooter

Fast i believe , but can he climb Buddha hill with a passenger too..?

1 link example  http://www.bahtsold.com/view/yamaha-nouvo-sx-125i-146589?doqs=1  1 year old 43K....

1 link example  http://www.bahtsold.com/view/yamaha-nouvo-sx-125i-146589?doqs=1  1 year old 43K....

any of these bikes will easily climb budha hill with a passenger even the 110 cc...

You lost me - 15k reduction for c.1 year old says it can't get up Buddha Hill?

You lost me - 15k reduction for c.1 year old says it can't get up Buddha Hill?

OH ? "Master"edge :GoldenSmile1: , i would thought you would understand that the link is only for showing the very low price , nothing to do with the climbing to Budha hill , i am just lazy to type too much .. :SoWhat1:;and yes i saw also many red pcx for sale for different reasons , must be the bad world economy i guess.......

I rented an SX for 3 months. Wrote a mini review somewhere. I thought it was a fine scoot but I do remember one of the rental guys saying they do or will suffer the same noisy transmission woes that some of the older Elegance's get.

Dunno about all that but have you looked at the Click 125?

If I was in the market for a new scooter the SX would be No. 1 on my list, the PCX is too expensive and too big/heavy.

I'm 95kgs and ride a Suzuki Hayate; even with a relatively heavy 55kg GF (she was tall not fat) I have no trouble outrunning most bikes at the traffic lights and can get up Bhudda hill no problem.

I bought an SX about 3 months ago, great bike and I can tell you for a fact it goes up Buddah Hill 2s up no problems

I would have thought the SX was a good bike (i've had 2 elegances) but i don't seem to see that many around town, compared to the hundreds of elegances. Maybe it's early days yet or is it not that popular?

The talk about being able to make it up Buddha hill is somewhat amusing because it's not that steep.

The only place I've had to kick off my passenger to make it up a hill is coming back from Paradise beach in Patong. Now that is quite steep and no run up available. Didn't help that I was on a very worn bike at the time and my passenger was quite chunky Lol.

"I would have thought the SX was a good bike (i've had 2 elegances) but i don't seem to see that many around town, compared to the hundreds of elegances. Maybe it's early days yet or is it not that popular?"

Well the Elegance has been around for a long time and was popular. The SX is quite a lot dearer than say a click 125 which starts ar 46,500 baht,that may explain some of the rarity

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Nouvo Elegance and really like it tbh.

My mate has rented the newer Nouvo SX and he really rates it. He is going to buy one next time he is back in Pattaya.

My TGF just bought a new click and i was impressed with how quick it was but i didn't like the seat, rock hard and uncomfortable and the storage area under the seat was shit.

My money would be a Nouvo SX in the black and green.

Some?

If any insurance company finds out you're driving unlicenced/illegally then they don't have to pay out.

To be legal you need a Thai DL or your Home DL including the m/bike category plus an IDP.

Yep

Many people have been caught out by hiring a motorbike having an accident not covered by travel insurance

Having to pay large hospital bills out of your own pocket

I would have thought a large majority of tourists riding motorbikes do not have motorbike licenses in their own country's

Pretty crazy really when you consider how many motorbike accidents involving tourists happen every day in patts

Thanks for all the reply's about the lighter nouvo SX compared with the elegance , i keep them in mind , what i like on the sx is the better beam light , especially for those soi dogs who like always to sleep on the road , looks like they are suicidal

• 6 months later...

I rented an SX some time back. The light made all the difference when driving at night.

Archived