IGNORED

iphone 5

jimmy574

Iphone 5, Can you get a payg thai sim card for an iphone 5 in thailand?

Yes.

cheers from 7 11 or tuk com?

Tukcom, if you are looking for a new iPhone try there too. I brought one for a girl in July and it cost less than in the UK.

Can we ask how much you paid. Thinking of buying one in england now for my trip in three weeks.

I generally pick one from the Dtac counter at BKK airport, not difficult getting nano sims anywhere though..

MIne cost 21,000 baht.

I have the phone already, i just needed to know if you can get the nano sim on pay as you go in pattaya or not?

Thanks for the replies

I have the phone already, i just needed to know if you can get the nano sim on pay as you go in pattaya or not?

Thanks for the replies

I was worried about finding the Nano sim as well. Look up the happy tourist sim from Dtac if you need 3G

• 3 weeks later...

I was worried about finding the Nano sim as well. Look up the happy tourist sim from Dtac if you need 3G

The happy tourist sim sounds interesting. can I get data package on this? I think 1GB of data should be enough for me for a week in BKK.

On my first trip in 2 yrs. ago there were girls in t-shirts handing out free sim cards in the airport (general though, not for iphone I think) as you got off the plane, before immigration. I thought that was a fantastic welcome to the place.

The happy tourist sim sounds interesting. can I get data package on this? I think 1GB of data should be enough for me for a week in BKK.

The Happy tourist at B299 (I think) comes with 1GB data and its valid for a week. I've managed to increase the validity of the sim (using it for a year now) but haven't figured out a way to get a data pack. I simply just buy a new sim at 299 and use it for the 3G in my tablet. But at least I get to keep the same number.

On my first trip in 2 yrs. ago there were girls in t-shirts handing out free sim cards in the airport (general though, not for iphone I think) as you got off the plane, before immigration. I thought that was a fantastic welcome to the place.

You have to exchange the sim at the counter for a Nano sim and I think you need to have it activated as well but I'm not sure. It's more of a marketing exercise than a welcome IMO

Nice handle

For a week, the Happy tourist sim is hard to beat.  May not even need to top up.

I've had to top it up and it's real easy to do, can do it from the Dtac website if you're not in Thailand and you can keep the number going for your next trip.

Thanks for the info. Stopping at the DTAC store in the airport has been added to the itinerary.

Let them install the sim for you if you got an iPhone or one of those phones that require poking to bring out the sim tray, unless you carry some sort of pin with you.

Archived