IGNORED

Seafood Restaurant NOT on Beach Rd or Walking Street

Cynical Sailor

Moom Aroi Naklua

yes there is one on 3rd road in town, but to me id rather have the waterfront view of the naklua location while im dining

F_Moom_Aroi_Restaurant_Naklua_Pattaya_Ga

Interactive google map with location - http://goo.gl/maps/t2kss

PuPen Seafood Jomtien 

http://www.pupenseafood.com/

not exactly picturesque due to nearby road construction, but the seafood is excellent.... many thais come here for seafood

picnic style benches along the waters edge are the most popular spot to sit

F_Pu_Pen_Seafood_Restaurant_Pattaya_pict

Interactive google map with location - http://goo.gl/maps/h2VZs

You are starting to use pictures good work!  You eat every where and never post pics...

You are starting to use pictures good work!  You eat every where and never post pics...

lol.... yeah i eat a lot of places and never remember to take pics, it just doesnt pop into my mind at the time... only reason i posted those pics is because i stole them from google search haha.

i thought the maps were a lot more helpful than the pics..... directions people give are usually so poor, i think people should just screenshot maps instead if they know where something is, it eliminates all questions as to location.

lol.... yeah i eat a lot of places and never remember to take pics, it just doesnt pop into my mind at the time... only reason i posted those pics is because i stole them from google search haha.

i thought the maps were a lot more helpful than the pics..... directions people give are usually so poor, i think people should just screenshot maps instead if they know where something is, it eliminates all questions as to location.

Same with taking pics of my LT,  the last thing I am thinking of is a camera!..

Cheers

Still dusty ?

you keep mentioning dust, but after several times eating near the construction ive never had an issue with dust

Still dusty ?

Been there a few times over the last few weeks but no dust .

you keep mentioning dust, but after several times eating near the construction ive never had an issue with dust

This is how Suttangrak looked the last time I thought about stopping.

J-04.jpg

This is how Suttangrak looked the last time I thought about stopping.

attachicon.gifJ-04.jpg

So? If you're afraid of dirty streets near a restaurant, then you're in the wrong country.

I just ate at Suttangrak tonight, the street looks the same, as always......but there is absolutely no issue with dust in the restaurant, it was quite clean....and delicious

I'll compare it to Pupen , since they are quite close and similar menu.

Suttangrak is fancier, better ambiance, and presentation... Also a bit pricier... Quality at both is very good for all the seafood I've tried so far.

If I'm on a date I'll go Suttangrak again for the ambiance....but I think Pupen has equal quality seafood for cheaper, albeit in a much more down-scale setting

and since i actually remembered to take pics, here are some from suttangrak tonight

i had garlic fried mantis shrimp which is a favorite of mine at many places

also tried the house special "famous" fried thai cabbage....quite oily but very very good, enjoyed it a lot, despite being 150b for basically a bowl of leaves haha

my gf had some sort of large fish covered in spicy chili paste, but i forgot to take a pic of that

2zjMdYX.jpg

CDmj4Rf.jpg

Uy0H5jb.jpg

and this is my dinner... before they got fried up.... look like little aliens or something haha

Jk6Cqn3.jpg

and some of their mates

1phNF7A.jpg

DEu6kHD.jpg

urVGrtz.jpg

Sir, I have eaten at all the restaurants in that area including Suttangrak and Poo Pen for many many years, and I am well aware of what they have to offer.

Including Poo Pens two differently priced menues.

At one time, they were a pleasant places to eat, but since the building of condos in the area, and the never ending roadworks that have followed, they are anything but pleasant relaxing spot nowadays.

Far better to go a little further south to Loong Sawai 2, or especially The View.

IMHO

At one time, they were a pleasant places to eat, but since the building of condos in the area, and the never ending roadworks that have followed, they are anything but pleasant relaxing spot nowadays.

Yes in areas where they build condos or where there are roadworks

it's impossible to find a pleasant relaxing spot ...  :Crazy1: . 

Construction is during daytime so i don't see why you can't have a nice

relaxing diner at night time in one of these places .

Suttangrak looks great , has live music and good food ... a very pleasant

relaxing place to eat IMHO .

Basicly it's better for you to don't go out to any restaurant on the seaside

as they're all 'very sandy and dusty' ... :Think1: .  

Sir, I have eaten at all the restaurants in that area including Suttangrak and Poo Pen for many many years, and I am well aware of what they have to offer.

Including Poo Pens two differently priced menues.

Far better to go a little further south to Loong Sawai 2, or especially The View.

IMHO

555 you're off your rocker

first youre said theyre dusty.... i pointed out ive never had any issue with dust at all.... so now you change to say the places are not relaxing or pleasant?

maybe if you went there in the middle of the day, but as jerry pointed out, the construction work is stopped before sunset, and in the case of suttangrak, any construction is not even visible from 90% of the dining area anyway.... can have a perfectly relaxing pleasant dinner there any night of the week.

you just sound like a grumpy old complainer..... and if such minor potential issues render you incapable of enjoying your dinner at any of these places then i suggest that the issue likely lies with YOU, and not the venue.

you just sound like a grumpy old complainer..... and if such minor potential issues render you incapable of enjoying your dinner at any of these places then i suggest that the issue likely lies with YOU, and not the venue.

Knew it would not be long before the insults started.

Nuff Said.

Archived