IGNORED

Internet Access via Dongle in Pattaya

Cfarrell

Ok I'm not technically minded so bear with me.

I need a pakage with one of the Carriers to pick up emails banking and usual odds and sods.

Does not need to be quick so Edge would do although 3g would obviously be better.  Monthly package ??

Over to you guys  ??

Thanks...

Haven't looked into dongles (why does that sound kinda rude?) but do you really need one e.g. if you have a smart phone just get a SIM with DATA and set up the phone as a wireless hotspot to connect your laptop/tablet (which is what I assume you will e using the dongle for).

Haven't looked into dongles (why does that sound kinda rude?) but do you really need one e.g. if you have a smart phone just get a SIM with DATA and set up the phone as a wireless hotspot to connect your laptop/tablet (which is what I assume you will e using the dongle for).

Not interested in Smartphones thanks !!  You guys might be content scrolling around a tiny screen but not for me !!

Thanks for responding though. Ive googled up Dtac and AIS but not sure which to pitch for ??   What about True ??

Edited to add I dont have a smartphone anyway

DTAC pay as you go data plan. Sim is 49 baht, then choose your package. 5Gb is 1K baht unlimited speed.

I use this for a 3g tablet and it seems OK. Speed I am getting is 1mbit down and 3mbit up.

You guys might be content scrolling around a tiny screen but not for me !!

Not for me either, I have a hard enough time reading text messages on the damn things  ... the point was setting it up as a hotspot but that's moot as you don't have one anyway.

I've used DTAC for years and on last trip hooked up to a data plan as my work updated me phone to one of these new fangled smart phones :D Coverage, in Bkk anyway, was excellent and speed was more than good enough for emails and the rare occasion I checked a website on the phone so I assume would be good in a dongle.

AIS  1 2 Call..., but need little bit more on card as the smart guy"s put price whtout Taks admitted , and does not load the option chosen  

With a USB modem /stick

3 hours   30 bhat     *138*31#

6 Hours  50 Bhat     *138*32#

20 hours   100 Bhat  *138*33#

100 Hours 350 Bhat  *138*34#

1 day unlimited  49 Bhat  *138*49#

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

AIS  1 2 Call..., but need little bit more on card as the smart guy"s put price whtout Taks admitted , and does not load the option chosen  

With a USB modem /stick

3 hours   30 bhat     *138*31#

6 Hours  50 Bhat     *138*32#

20 hours   100 Bhat  *138*33#

100 Hours 350 Bhat  *138*34#

1 day unlimited  49 Bhat  *138*49#

If you ran out with the 100 hours package can you just reactivate another 100 hours by reloading the Sim ??

If you ran out with the 100 hours package can you just reactivate another 100 hours by reloading the Sim ??

yes you can , just repeated loading & go

yes you can , just repeated loading & go

On that 100 hours package with AIS is any of the data at 3g speed or is it all at Edge/GPRS speeds ??

On that 100 hours package with AIS is any of the data at 3g speed or is it all at Edge/GPRS speeds ??

those are EDGE /GPRS , but i think they have 3G packages too , but i am not knowing them as i use dongle as reserve , i think 3G is not everyware worth the money unless you sit in an good location for it , just go AIS centre in some shopping mall to get the wanted package

those are EDGE /GPRS , but i think they have 3G packages too , but i am not knowing them as i use dongle as reserve , i think 3G is not everyware worth the money unless you sit in an good location for it , just go AIS centre in some shopping mall to get the wanted package

Thanks. It was only for Banking and Emails so Edge is fine obviously.

Archived