IGNORED

Decent Thai restaurant in Wongamat?

I. ended up in a condo in Wongamat , just off Soi 16.

Last night, first time there, we just walked down the road to alittle restaurant on Soi 16, which advertised Thai and German food. Too tired to keep looking elsewhere, I sat down and ordered. Unfortunately, the "Thai" food I ordered bore no resemblance to any Thai food I have ever eaten before. In short, it was bloody awful.

So now I am on the look out for a resataurant in this area that serves decent Thai food.

Any suggestions?

Not Thai, but I noticed the other day that The Irishman Bar has moved to WongAmart Soi 16.

Used to be on Drinking Street.

There's a no name place on soi 16, just across from Wongamat Residence condo.  The same Thai lady has been cooking there since I opened my office there over 8 years ago.  There is a massage shop and small laundry... the "restaurant" is open air with a few fans swirling.  But the best Thai food in the area I think.

Thanks, Mike. Come to think of it, I talked with you on the phone, just over a week ago. Then you sent me a very helpful ady who got us into this place for nearly a month. To pay her, we nt to the same Tesco minimart, and I saw Red Ant, it just didn' register....

I am noramally never in this part of town, except the owner of Apex Studio, almost nextdoors to you, is a mate of mine.

Now, since you know the area, what is a good shop for a massage? Never mind the extras, Noi is keeping me on empty, just looking for a good real one.....

• 3 weeks later...

We (wifie and 2 years young baby girl) had a few good Thai/farang meals on soi 16 at the crossing of the hotel street where you find Long Beach garden, Pullman and Northpoint, next to a 7/11 and a minimart opposite.

We will have a short walk next week to that no name place, should be 100/200m to Wongamat Resisdence Condos

Archived